Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crimes were Domestic violence & Battery. The evidence were the scratches on his face from her fingernails. LE should have arrested her, (not him) at that point. It would have been better for all concerned had they done so.
I completely disagree.

You don't know whether or not Gabby had injuries the officers couldn't see and whether those scratches on his face were defensive wounds or not. Or, even whether they were self-inflicted.

HE threatened to abandon her. And, ultimately, that's what he did. And now she's missing.

And what did he retain? Her vehicle and possibly her phone and all of her belongings.

He followed through with the very thing she feared.

My feelings after watching the bodycam footage are that he may be trying to protect her in some way for whatever reason. That’s the vibe I got from him throughout the conversation with police. He wanted to make any domestic charge against her go away and protect her, even going as far as to say he would go to jail for the night in her place if that were an option. Very interesting footage either way.

Wasn't that conversation about not having his phone when they were still outside the coffee shop? I took it as his phone was in the van and not physically on him at that point. I don't know, I need to go back and listen.
I still would like to know what started the argument over the phone, and which phone they were arguing about.

I'd like to know whether he's been out in public since returning home. Is he hiding from just the police or in general? Did he have marks on him that need to fully heal?

Why, if he has done nothing wrong is he hiding? It makes no sense. If he's innocent, then innocent people bend over backwards to prove this. Even if he and Gabby had a huge argument and he hates her, surely a decent person would provide everything he knows to her family, or at least to the police? Surely he'd still want her to be safe?

If it turns out that he is innocent of harming her, then this behaviour is destroying his reputation and that of his family.

If he did harm her, he and his family are very naive if they think hiding will be of any benefit. There's a lot of very clever, experienced and determined people working on this case and they won't give up until they have found Gabby and worked out what happened to her.

We won't give up either.

I still would like to know what started the argument over the phone, and which phone they were arguing about.
Ok so this part is confusing because in the video at one point he says she was holding the phone and even struck him with the phone but they don’t say the argument was about the phone. The only other mention of the phone was where he said he doesn’t have a phone and his fear was her leaving him stranded without a phone for contact because she was trying to get the keys from him. So he’d have been without the car and the phone whereas if he was in the car she at least had the phone but at no point did anyone have both since that would do someone an obvious disservice. That’s my take on it anyway.

It's been impossible to catch up for 2 days now but I agree with you, I think this is all pretty normal stuff, IMO.
What is NOT normal is him clamming up when his fiance/girlfriend is missing.
I cannot for the life of me come up with a single (innocent) reason he'd do that.

jmo

I would say it shows us there was more going on then the clips we get from insta or YouTube.

She's a complete mess imo. We cant rule out suicide. She disappears and he drives home with her van?

She’s probably a “complete mess” because she and her partner had just gotten into a very public argument, she’s worried she is going to be stranded thousands of miles away from family (if he had taken the van), and on top of all that, they get pulled over by police and are questioned. If I had a day like that, I would probably be a “complete mess” too. MOO.

I went back. He was telling the story of what was happening at that time. He didn’t have his phone on him. When the fight happen. So he had the keys. I’m sure his phone was in the van. I see no reason for either to lie during this time.

I need to rewatch and listen again but I agree I think he may have been saying he didn't have a phone at that time not that he doesn't have one when he's speaking IYSWIM. It may be just the way he's telling an incident that happened in the past but using the present tense.

You're right that there is no reason to lie about having a phone during the conversation with LE

She's a complete mess imo. We cant rule out suicide. She disappears and he drives home with her van?

She's anxious and frightened of being left alone. If she did take her own life she would have been found by now. She'd have done it in a hotel room, walked into traffic, taken an overdose of over the counter meds or similar. She wouldn't have walked 15 miles into the wilderness and jumped into a hot spring etc.

I completely disagree.

You don't know whether or not Gabby had injuries the officers couldn't see and whether those scratches on his face were defensive wounds or not. Or, even whether they were self-inflicted.

HE threatened to abandon her. And, ultimately, that's what he did. And now she's missing.

And what did he retain? Her vehicle and possibly her phone and all of her belongings.

I think the point was that had she been arrested, she might not be missing right now.

I completely disagree.

I believe they both has injuries she on her face from him grabbing/pushing her head.

Last edited:
How do we know that? We don't know her personally.

ETA: Was responding to this:
If she was leaving him, she would have taken the van.

It’s totally possible him not having a phone was more service related than physical. As in maybe he couldn’t afford to swing the bill or opted to not pay it that month to use the money for something else for them on their trip. If this is what they did maybe it was even done prior to that month and could have even been more reason for tensions because they’d have to remain even more together throughout the trip because only one of them had a phone whereas if they both had one they could possibly go off in other directions for a little while since they could communicate to regroup via phone. Just a thought.

Playing Devil’s Advocate here. How do you know the van was stolen? Was it reported stolen? What is the evidence of a crime?

The owner of the vehicle is missing and has gone silent to her family and on SM.. she likely can't report it stolen. The person in possession of the vehicle was the last to see the missing person and now he has her vehicle 2000 miles away from where she was last known to be. I just think if I went missing and someone was found in possession my vehicle, regardless of who they were to me, I would hope it would still be considered stolen because I'm not there to say otherwise.

Ugh, no doubt we're going to get a lot more she was crazy/unstable theorizing now. As if that makes the whole stealing her vehicle/home, abandoning her and refusing to say where he last saw her thing more justified.

This. I don't like when mental illness comes up in cases like this, because suddenly a lot of people start to think/care less of the victim and theorize they just did something to themselves (hurt themself or ran away in a "manic" episode for example) vs looking at the other party that is "stable", regardless of all the extremely shady details around his side of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675