SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend that just got out of rehab for an extended use and addiction to oxy, there is no way he would have been able to be in a courtroom in 10 days. He was still deathly ill, it took him about 3 weeks to even start to feel human again. An addict would still be in the throws of withdrawal. I am not buying the degree of addiction his attorney is trying to sell.

you are correct. For so,long what ever the M family said was the law, whatever their lawyers said people had to believe, now that this case has gone for world wide, WS and other people are questioning and no one believes anything coming out of the M family mouth or anyone having to do with them. The internet is out there for anyone to use and investigate and find answers, people have an easier way of communicating and exchanging facts….M family’s word is no good anymore. Maybe AM did not take millions of dollars of drugs but bought and resold them not paying off his contacts?! Is that possible?

@TasneemN
Alex Murdaugh, the prominent South Carolina lawyer at the center of several investigations, has been arrested and charged with insurance fraud and filing a false police report after he planned his own killing (which he survived) for an insurance payoutCharging docs: Alex Murdaugh slashed his own tire and even provided a gun to the shooter as he attempted to make it look like he had been shot by an unknown assailant on a rural Hampton County road.

E_a0o_cWEAYNAbm
“Only the first steps”. I like that.

I just looked, and they aren’t saying it was “evidence” per se. Just that they “ uncovered new information regarding Stephen Smith’s death while investigating the double homicide“ at Moselle. Whatever they found caused them to reopen the investigation into Stephen Smith‘s death.

It was discussed in the Murdaugh Murders podcast and is mentioned in this article:

SLED opens own investigation into death of Stephen Smith
Yes ok, thanks

Alex Murdaugh is in custody. Murdaugh is charged with insurance fraud, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud, along with filing a false police report. Today’s arrest is related only related to the September 4, 2021 shooting. His bond hearing is set for 4PM.

https://twitter.com/codyalcorn/status/1438540112946737154?s=21

Welp. I got distracted and missed the dang Zoom call. Caught the last 5 mins though.

The Post and Courier is saying that all Smith has admitted to is getting rid of the gun, and that he was simply doing it as a "favor" (not for money) for Alex!

Soooooo... I will get a recording of the 30 min call in my email shortly, so I can report back what else I learn.

No, an arraignment and bond hearing are not the same. Bond hearings can occur anytime and often there is more than one. At an initial appearance, usually within 24-48 hours of arrest, the defendant is told the charges against him, but the defendant does not enter a plea, but bond will usually be set then, at least initially. Then, usually a couple weeks later, an arraignment is held where the defendant is again advised of the charges and will enter a plea at that time.
The Miranda rights advisement that he is entitled to an attorney is applicable to a defendant that is in police custody and is about his rights to not speak to police. After arrest, the court will advise the defendant that he is entitled to have an attorney represent him in the case and that one may even be appointed for him.
Ok, I think around here an arraignment happens with the bond being asked for after the charges are read. So it's like both at the same hearing. There can be other bond hearings if at that arraignment bond is denied or set really high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member