Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I confess I have. Catching up w a friend. Getting wifi, AC, & waiting for family while travelling. Doesn’t stand out to me.
When I was in college we used to sit in coffee shops for hours to study. This was before WiFi coffee shops were popular, so it doesn't surprise me they would spend so much time there.

I really don't think that BL has anything to do with the murder of the two other ladies. It was said a man was stalking them for days and that would mean that Gabby would have had to be a part of that. No way would he have been out of her sight that often stalking other women without her knowing.
Agreed, BL had the situation with Gabby to deal with, it makes no sense to stalk and kill 2 women. LE is just trying remove BL from the suspicion list. The real perps defense attorney could use BL as a defense in a trial.

Dagnabbit I can’t find it. But a few days ago, in MSM, reporters were shouting questions to BL’s parents & the mom said “what happened in wy happened in wy”. And that’s all she would say. It didn’t stand out to me at the time, but it sure does now! And I know I’m remembering correctly (though can’t find link now) because a reporter at today’s press conference asked about it. If you listen to the PC vid, you’ll hear it. GP IS IN WY!!! Imo, mho, moo.
Thank you. I guess there's rumor going around about Wyoming then.

With the release of the hour plus video of Gabby and the POI's interaction with LE, one has to wonder why the 911 call has not been released.

Initially (like yesterday), I thought the murder of the two newlywed women was just a weird coincidence but after learning that the couple spent hours at the cafe associated with Moonflower, the location where their fight started that resulted in the 911 call.

Maybe the public has not been informed of the 2nd witness because the witness was the murdered woman who worked at the Moonflower?

2 witnesses? I really need to go finish the video. Why did they omit a second witness completely from their official report. there is no second witness name even redacted in this doc. https://static.fox5ny.com/www.fox5ny.com/content/uploads/2021/09/Petito_Redacted.pdf

I am stuck on the timeline thing

4) BL leaves at some point between 28th - 30th, possibly a day or so earlier
5) GP mom gets sporadic texts from 26th - 3oth but now isn't sure it was her
6) text sent on the 30th says "no service in yosemite" cali? so the text indicates that she is now 3 states over from where she was last seen in Wyoming
8) BL arrives back in FL on the 1st

suffice it to say she was never anywhere near Yosemite ... which means nothing ... LE has to know the locations of the phone

It takes 1 day and 16 hours with no stopping and perfect driving conditions to reach Yosemite to his house in Florida. No way she sent a text on the 30th saying she was in Yosemite and he arrives in the van a day later at home. That text was sent somewhere on his way home, I think.

Thank you for clarifying. You are correct, that is a different statement. I just watched the clip again and that particular comment does seem less like fishing or probing to me, but it also does almost seem to be said in an ingratiating manner.

I still believe that Gabby left alone in jail for the evening would be perceived as having a much higher potential to become a meltdown situation where Gabby ends up telling the cops something that results in a call to parents or further questioning of BL than any circumstance that didn't involve her in jail. Obviously the best circumstance for the two of them would be neither person being in jail.

There's a ton of ways to interpret everything. I hope we find out some solid answers sooner rather than later.

I know that when they were working side by side at the Suicide Prevention Hotline, Ann Rule thought that Ted Bundy would be the perfect husband for her daughter. He was so kind, understanding and considerate. She didn't think he was the kind of guy to have severed heads in his closet.

I'm not saying I've got the right slant on that conversation. Laundrie just wasn't what I expected. I'd be interested in what The Behavior Panel has to say, though I doubt they would comment at this juncture.

I am stuck on the timeline thing

1) they are last seen together on video on the 24th
2) GP facetimes her mom on the 25th - nothing seems amiss
3) 26th, 27th ?
4) BL leaves at some point between 28th - 30th, possibly a day or so earlier
5) GP mom gets sporadic texts from 26th - 3oth but now isn't sure it was her
6) text sent on the 30th says "no service in yosemite" cali? so the text indicates that she is now 3 states over from where she was last seen in Wyoming
7) and she couldn't have driven to Yosemite, since BL would have been on the road back to Florida at that point
8) BL arrives back in FL on the 1st

suffice it to say she was never anywhere near Yosemite ... which means nothing ... LE has to know the locations of the phone
Can you point me somewhere to the source of the Wyoming sighting? Thank you.

I really don't think that BL has anything to do with the murder of the two other ladies. It was said a man was stalking them for days and that would mean that Gabby would have had to be a part of that. No way would he have been out of her sight that often stalking other women without her knowing.

It was never said that anyone was stalking the girls for days.
The girls said to friends there was a creepy guy near their campsite and they may have to move.

I go out to talk to the gardener, and come back to 13 more pages....
geez
Right there with ya, @whitelilac -- I guess we're on bicycles and all the rest of 'em are driving Ferrari's. Whew!

Anyhoo -- what about this scenario: They were arguing outside, and things got hot -- he raised his hand to slap her, and she stepped back, stumbled and fell down a cliff -- he screamed and tried to grab her -- too late -- and he looked to go down to get her and she was nowhere -- down, down, down she went. He panicked and left and just drove away. On the drive home, he thought that there was probably no way LE would buy it, so he just didn't talk. And now, he knows that the truth will sound very suspicious...
Not trying to give him an excuse, just thinking that what happened wasn't a murderous act on his part -- maybe she slapped him first. Instead of calling 911, he panicked and got into the van. Could this be involuntary murder?

For me it's easy.

If BL hurt/killed Gabby, he doesn't deserve protection from his family.

If he left Gabby in the middle of nowhere, possibly without a phone and wearing just the clothes she was wearing and 16 days after arriving home she is still missing, he doesn't deserve protection from his family.

If he is doing absolutely nothing to help find Gabby, he doesn't deserve protection from his family.

Most parents who love their children don't protect them in every circumstance. Some parents shop their children, even in murder cases.

They know Gabby, she lived with them for 2 years (I believe). If they are protecting their son despite the fact that a woman who had plans to join their family is missing, then I can't help but conclude that Brian's actions are a learnt behaviour and they're as bad as he is.
^^^This 100%

Haven't they been investigating the murder of these two women. If there was any connection they should already know that.
I am referring to Florida LE saying today in Mass Guy's link that they are investigating BL regarding the double homicide.
I think all of my posts today are getting misunderstood or not fully reading the linked post above it.

Can you point me somewhere to the source of the Wyoming sighting? Thank you.

Reposting this
Timeline of Gabrielle Petito’s disappearance

2 July, 2021: Gabrielle Petito and her fiance, Brian Laundrie, leave New York on a cross-country trip in a camper van.

5 July, 2021: The couple stops at Monument Rocks in Kansas.

24 August, 2021: Ms Petito is last seen with checking out of a Salt Lake City hotel with Mr Laundrie

25 August, 2021: Ms Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, video chats with her daughter for the last time via phone. Ms Petito reveals she is in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

30 August, 2021: Ms Schmidt receives a text purportedly from Ms Petito. Ms Smith says she is unsure if the text was actually from her daughter.

11 September, 2021: Ms Petito’s parents report her missing.​

Police share body camera footage of Gabby Petito - follow updates live

With the release of the hour plus video of Gabby and the POI's interaction with LE, one has to wonder why the 911 call has not been released.
Initially (like yesterday), I thought the murder of the two newlywed women was just a weird coincidence but after learning that the couple spent hours at the cafe associated with Moonflower, the location where their fight started that resulted in the 911 call.
Maybe the public has not been informed of the 2nd witness because the witness was the murdered woman who worked at the Moonflower?

That's what I am wondering. Kylen got off work an hour and a half before but having been around these co-ops they often hang out, talk to people, grab their own food before heading back to their own camp. Often even returning later. They aren't just "workplaces" or "stores" they are gathering spots.

"Laundrie told Robbins that Petito feared he would leave her in Moab without a ride, which spurred her “manic state” and caused the physical altercation between them. According to police, Petito left minor scratches on Laundrie’s face and right arm during the struggle." https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/16/gabby-petito-fight-utah-fiance/

This is only one of many places it was reported that this whole thing was exacerbated by her fear, rightful or not, that he was going to abandon her. There are reports of the witness stating she refused to walk away and leave him. Why? He had her phone. He had her car. He had all of her belongings that were in the car. And for this to get to the point it did with him locking her out of her property and her refusing to part with the vehicle, it seems logical that her fears were not unfounded. He may have even threatened her with it earlier. MOO
"...during the struggle". IOW, it was a struggle between them, not a mere assault by her upon him. Do we know for sure how that scene went down, before police arraived? He had her keys, she may have grabbed at her keys. He may have responded by grabbing her face and pushing her away. IOW, he may have been the first one to get physical. Do we know who assaulted whom first? I'm assuming that grabbing at keys doesn't constitute an assault.

Did he escalate the incident, and she reacted by trying to defend herself against his muscling her around? Or did she start scratching him (why? To force him to give her the keys? Not sure that makes sense), to which he responded by grabbing her face and pushing her away?

There was one witness, the one who called police. What is his version of events? He's the only informed, objection source of info re: how the action transpired.

It was never said that anyone was stalking the girls for days.
The girls said to friends there was a creepy guy near their campsite and they may have to move.
I believe it was language in an article I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla