SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see an entire season of "Murdaugh Murders" episodes coming to ID.
Yep. I could even be dreaming and this has all been an early release of Netflix Ozark season 4. Man, you just can’t make this stuff up.
Honestly, it could go either way. I'm not saying that anyone planted anything, just that it is entirely possible. I don't think it possible to overstate how much corruption is down here when you have the right connections. And I say this as someone who lives on a street named after my childrens' great grandfather on their dad's side, and having an ancestor who the county Alex Murdaugh lives is was named after. I could list all the screwed-up things that I have witnessed personally in the last 10 years, but I would be here for weeks listing them. Nothing surprises me, and while I don't believe that EVERYONE has a price, I think that those of us who don't are few and far between.
I was reading this yesterday, an older article from Feb ‘21:

Corruption festers when people aren’t looking, when the spotlight doesn’t shine. Without fair scrutiny, public officials with weak ethical backbones bend the rules. They help themselves to public money. They help their cronies instead of people they represent. Like a virus, corruption mushrooms, and so do the costs to you and other members of the public.

Sunlight can disinfect, but South Carolina has lost some light.
News deserts and weak ethics laws allow corruption to run rampant in SC

Hahaha! Did Hootenanny (the lawyer, forgot his name) just say "This is the face of the opioid epidemic," referring to Alex Murdaugh?

Wow. These people truly do not live on the same planet with us peasants.

ETA: If he had ANY significant or life-threatening trauma to his head, you would see where they had to shave his hair. He's got a full head, with no markings.

This is unreal.

Oof. I just saw his butt-crack.

What an absolute side-show, but expected, I guess.

E_bBnOQXoAYfk-D

@RileyWJCL

JUST IN: Alex Murdaugh’s mug shot

Yes, I know it's only the front, but I'm gonna ask anyway - where's the "gunshot" wound?

I've been thinking along these lines too. As others have pointed out here, PMPED's actual case histories, and their apparent prosperity, don't jibe with each other. Maybe we're just at the beginning of this trail! But it will get hard to untangle, if that's the case, because stuff of this magnitude does not happen without the active help of political sponsors. If pols get nervous, extreme efforts will be made to cover everything up.
Big giant IF it was even bigger, in that say certain political leaders of the state are already very much a part of the story, then it will likely never be solved? Again, all just my imaginary musings here…

SC judge grants Alex Murdaugh bond in case stemming from failed suicide plot

A Hampton County judge set a $20,000 bond for Alex Murdaugh late Thursday afternoon for his part in staging his own murder so his older son, Buster, could receive a $10 million insurance payout.

The bond is personal recognizance, meaning he will be released on his promise to appear in court later without having to pay any fines.

Murdaugh faces charges of insurance fraud, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud and falsifying a police report. He turned himself in to police late Thursday morning and was booked into the Hampton County Detention Center.

Hampton County Magistrate judge Tonja Alexander assigned the bond, and Murdaugh’s case will be prosecuted by the state Attorney General’s Office.

Before the hearing, Murdaugh’s lawyers Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin fielded a few questions from reporters.

“What’s Alex Murdaugh’s state of mind right now?” one reporter asked.

“He’s in jail,” Harpootlian said. “That’s his state of mind.”
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254287778.html

Hahaha! Did Hootenanny (the lawyer, forgot his name) just say "This is the face of the opioid epidemic," referring to Alex Murdaugh?

Wow. These people truly do not live on the same planet with us peasants.

ETA: If he had ANY significant or life-threatening trauma to his head, you would see where they had to shave his hair. He's got a full head, with no markings.

This is unreal.

Oof. I just saw his butt-crack.

What an absolute side-show, but expected, I guess.

The face of opioid addiction could look like anyone. It doesn’t discriminate. A co-worker became addicted after surgery. He had to be let go as his work performance was being impacted. He committed suicide the next day so he did not have to face his family with the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member