Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the release of the hour plus video of Gabby and the POI's interaction with LE, one has to wonder why the 911 call has not been released.

Initially (like yesterday), I thought the murder of the two newlywed women was just a weird coincidence but after learning that the couple spent hours at the cafe associated with Moonflower, the location where their fight started that resulted in the 911 call.

Maybe the public has not been informed of the 2nd witness because the witness was the murdered woman who worked at the Moonflower?
It could be because one of the responding officers had to actually call the witnesses back to get the full story. So maybe there just wasn’t much info there.

I think "Yosemite" was a mistake. Lots of people get the names of Yosemite and Yellowstone mixed up.
Maybe he did too, especially if he was in a stressed state, if he is the one who sent the fake text (which I think he did, imo) .

I don't know enough about service in that area but is it possible that the text was sent considerably outside of the state ?

I know when flying from the Caribbean to the northern US I've had "stuck" texts I initiated in the Caribbean get sent a day later when I hit a cell tower.
Just playing devils advocate. I too think he likely sent that text.

Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered

According to the search warrant affidavits, investigators impounded the women’s Kia Sorento after Hunter located it. They also impounded their camping van, which was parked at the McDonald’s where Turner worked. Police found a variety of items inside including drug paraphernalia. Police also searched a storage unit they shared with Schulte’s father, which also contained drug paraphernalia, cellphones, tablets and a small amount of drugs.

A $20,000 reward has been offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction for whoever murdered the women. The sheriff’s office asks anyone with information that would help investigators to call 435-259-8115.

So they were fighting in front of the place where this deceased couple worked, just hours before they died?

Strange.. seems like drugs and a storage locker were involved with the prior couple who were murdered..

It seems BL didn't want to give DNA when the police asked him for a water bottle but the couple was murdered a day (or the midnight) OF/AFTER the police came for the domestic violence call?

Who called the police? 'Christopher'???

Was GP/BL's car searched during the 1 hour traffic stop?

I'm following along. I can only say at this point, if BL hasn't harmed GP, why wouldn't he freely talk with LE about their last days together? What possible reason would he show up in FL, in her van without her and not explain? I have no good answers.

I'm hoping GP is taking a break from everyone/everything due to the fighting, LE contact, and the road trip adventure just not working out, and will be in touch soon.

MOO

Because if he is innocent he only hurts himself taking to LEO who has it in their mind he is guilty.

Seems odd to say the focus is to find Gabby yet not have any search teams on the ground. I get that they’re narrowing down areas but no one is physically searching for Gabby in the meantime. I’ve don’t think I've ever seen a missing persons case without some kind of ground searching on day one. It’s concerning because the more time passes the less evidence there will be on the grounds.
I think they'd be searching any surveillance video they can find.

Honestly, this is a tough one for me. Gabby is so fragile and helpless. She's almost childlike. Every time I see her photo it brings tears to my eyes. I wish she'd been missing for 2 days, not over 16.

All Brian needed to do was be a decent human being and get her home safely. It's not brain surgery. His behaviour is disturbing and inhumane, both to Gabby and her family. I just can't understand how he and his family could do this to someone they know/knew so well and at least once loved?

Fiction writer here. Forgive my efforts for trying to make sense of this.

If BL had anything to do with the deaths of the two women, I imagine something like this scenario.

GP meets with the women the night of the 12th and, in a compassionate gesture, they invite her to camp with them.

BL is able to track GP through their phones and finds a way to her camp.

The women meet BL night of 12th and he is who is reported as creepy. They go to the bar night of the 13th as reported in their timeline.

Sometime between 13th and 17th they are killed. BL and GP end up in Salt Lake around then. GP only hears about their deaths in the media and questions BL. He has to fly back from FL to SLC. Motive for killing them? He was afraid GP said something to them or he is afraid they are encouraging GP to leave BL.

Again, if there is a connection, I have to believe it happens after the police incident when GP and BL are separated.
IMO

The question now is who has THE phone? I pray to God it was in her possession last but there’s so many questions concerning that. Because if she had it then how did he return home with the van? We know the younger generation aren’t using paper maps. I doubt he knew the route by heart. Now if his phone had been turned off b/c of a service/bill issue (which I personally suspect as his reason for saying he had no phone) he of course could have paid the bill at any point to resume service. But when was that? What phone did he take with him to the airport to show his flight information? Did she text her mom in the time he was in FL for the storage thing? If so then we can probably assume service on his own phone resumed. If they both had use of their own phones again then it would’ve been much easier for them to be ok with leaving one another as opposed to before when that one phone was keeping them physically tied together. Hopefully this makes sense. Mostly thinking out loud…
That phone is the key. As a prosecutor mentioned on some show last night, this case WILL be solved eventually, by data. But obviously if there is a belief that she was abandoned somewhere and in need, time is of the essence.

I'm from California and I often hear people say "Yosemite" when they mean "Yellowstone" & vice versa. And def people not from the west would make that mistake. Similar to folks who confuse Sweden/Switzerland. I think this was nothing more than that. They were slated to head to Yellowstone/Grand Teton area.

When someone is in danger or missing it should be obligatory for the person who was involved with them and there around the timeline to talk to law enforcement. This guy's behavior and negligence is infuriating and should be a crime unto itself.

Welcome to Websleuths,
CocoTutu !!

I agree. I have protected my children in some situations. And some situations, I didn’t. The ones where a lesson needed to be learned. I don’t believe I could ever sit back and protect one of my children in this situation. I would support them throughout the process, but I don’t think I could actually stay silent in this serious of a situation. So that leads me to believe as you say, it speaks volumes to what kind of parents they are.
Yes. If I truly knew nothing, I would simply state that to her parents. If they became irate with me because I called just to say I knew nothing? Then I'd hang up on them. But if I did, in fact, have privileged info. from my son, as perhaps they do, then that might be one explanation for their ongoing silence. I just believe if one has nothing to hide, it's good to state that to all involved.

Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered

So they were fighting in front of the place where this deceased couple worked, just hours before they died?

Strange.. seems like drugs and a storage locker were involved with the prior couple who were murdered..

It seems BL didn't want to give DNA when the police asked him for a water bottle but the couple was murdered a day (or the midnight) OF/AFTER the police came for the domestic violence call?

Who called the police? 'Christopher'???

Was GP/BL's car searched during the 1 hour traffic stop?
Extraordinary coincidence- and we have to keep in mind that timelines are usually wrong early in the investigation so the window of opportunity could be wider or shifted for them to have been in the same place.

Dagnabbit I can’t find it. But a few days ago, in MSM, reporters were shouting questions to BL’s parents & the mom said “what happened in wy happened in wy”. And that’s all she would say. It didn’t stand out to me at the time, but it sure does now! And I know I’m remembering correctly (though can’t find link now) because a reporter at today’s press conference asked about it. If you listen to the PC vid, you’ll hear it. GP IS IN WY!!! Imo, mho, moo.

Police ask public for help in search for missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito

here’s a link, but the report (IMO) sounds like she says “the Petito family” not BLs. IMO, they’re trying to focus people away from a time that they know is well before she was last seen alive.

He was going to leave her there alone? What timestamp was that where you heard that? I heard him say they were going to each walk in different directions to cool off, and then return to the van.

Read the police reports. There is a lot in the reports that's not in the video for some reason. The report has the statement about him leaving. Imo, I think there is another officer who contributed info to the report but his cam footage was not released. That's the only thing I can figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288