SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
SC judge grants Alex Murdaugh bond in case stemming from failed suicide plot

A Hampton County judge set a $20,000 bond for Alex Murdaugh late Thursday afternoon for his part in staging his own murder so his older son, Buster, could receive a $10 million insurance payout.

The bond is personal recognizance, meaning he will be released on his promise to appear in court later without having to pay any fines.

Murdaugh faces charges of insurance fraud, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud and falsifying a police report. He turned himself in to police late Thursday morning and was booked into the Hampton County Detention Center.

Hampton County Magistrate judge Tonja Alexander assigned the bond, and Murdaugh’s case will be prosecuted by the state Attorney General’s Office.

Before the hearing, Murdaugh’s lawyers Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin fielded a few questions from reporters.

“What’s Alex Murdaugh’s state of mind right now?” one reporter asked.

“He’s in jail,” Harpootlian said. “That’s his state of mind.”
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254287778.html
Through wound to the head??

E_bBnOQXoAYfk-D

@RileyWJCL

JUST IN: Alex Murdaugh’s mug shot

He looks like the cat that swallowed the canary. No remorse, no repentance. This is not a guy who thinks he's going to prison. His dark, soulless eyes scream "I murdered."

T

Totally! This is a sob story and he’s such a good boy…ugh!

He may not be a good boy but addiction is a disease. I have no idea about his personal character. But I find the dismissive attitude toward addiction’s power over a person’s rational sad and dis compassionate.

Too many people think that addicts can control when or how much they are addicted or how their addiction controls their actions in life. This is why mental health in this country is <modsnip>. Unfortunately I nearly destroyed my marriage and family because of the choices I made to facilitate my addiction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha! Did Hootenanny (the lawyer, forgot his name) just say "This is the face of the opioid epidemic," referring to Alex Murdaugh?

Wow. These people truly do not live on the same planet with us peasants.
I cannot believe he said that. I turned it off waiting for y’all’s replay instead. That makes me furious. Omg, that fool just set back addiction’s reality by 20 years. There are real people in this world that are addicted to drugs who try and try to get help somehow and can’t for so many different reasons. I’m so pissed! Break…

His attorney pointed to the back of his head when describing it but there was no visible mark there
Ok, I kept talking at the cameraman to zoom into the back of his head like he did his feet early on but nope. It looked to me like a possible colic area. The video was stuttering and fuzzing out throughout the hearing so it was hard to tell.

He may not be a good boy but addiction is a disease. I have no idea about his personal character. But I find the dismissive attitude toward addiction’s power over a person’s rational sad and dis compassionate.

Too many people think that addicts can control when or how much they are addicted or how their addiction controls their actions in life. This is why mental health in this country is <modsnip>. Unfortunately I nearly destroyed my marriage and family because of the choices I made to facilitate my addiction.

I could be wrong….. but I take the snide comments here about AM’s “addiction” to refer to an idea that he’s involved in serious criminal behavior & has invented a claimed addiction to cover up his real dealings ? not as comments on the actual struggle of addiction JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member