Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pink golf cart just went by Brian Laundrie’s parents house with signs that say “North Port Loves Gabby” , “The truth will come out” , “speak out” and “Bring Gabby Home.”
View attachment 312824 View attachment 312825
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1438630836786581506?s=21
Yess!!! Florida doesn’t play! Remember the Anthony’s house??
I get this idea, but just because he's innocent of murder doesn't mean he's "innocent" per se. My guess is he did something that he thinks makes him responsible for the current situation and a lawyer has advised him to keep his mouth shut, even if it IS as simple as "she wanted to stay somewhere and told me to leave and bring the van home."

That, or there was an accident and he panicked and now he's screwed because of the way he's behaved.

ETA: MOO MOO MOO

it could’ve been a terrible accident maybe they did argue and she fell or he did leave her and now can’t find her and he panicked it absolutely doesn’t make him guilty of murder but it looks so bad on him
they should know Floridians dony play that, remember Orlando and the Anthonys

lmao I just said the same thing!

See I will be in the minority here but I don't think this is at all appropriate. It is most likely disruptive to innocent neighbors, let alone interfering in an ongoing investigation. Let LE do their jobs!
I respect that opinion. However, I think it is super clear that LE is using a tactic of putting pressure on the family to speak. I think it is natural for the public to mimic that tactic in their outrage.

I have thought to myself during this case that if I were closer I would want to stand out there day and night to add pressure to the pot of water that is the Laundrie home in all of its complicity—eventually that pot will boil over. It is only natural.

Last edited:
Judging from the bodycam video, it appears that anything is possible with her mental state. If the simplest answer (he killed her) isn’t what happened, then maybe these scenarios: After dealing with cops and being told she is an “abuser” and he is “abused”, that may have drastically changed their relationship. She may have had another mental episode and gone AWOL (and been victim to someone else) and he panicked and just drove straight home believing that no one would accept his side of things.

Or he may have had a mental break itself and simply abandoned her. And went home due to panic for the consequence/shame of leaving her behind. I have heard Attys and cops say his ‘lawyering up’ and not speaking is actually expected and normal in these kinds of cases.
Or maybe he's the abuser and this interaction emboldened him to smack her good one and he killed her. Or maybe the fight had nothing to with anything and aliens came down and abducted her. Hard to say, but she is missing and he won't say where he even saw her last.

I'm not convinced she made it to Wyoming. Last posted photo is said to be from The Monarch, posted on 8/25. Metadata should be checked to confirm it was also taken that day, not merely posted. I wonder if LE is checking out Waterfall Canyon which is right next to The Monarch.

Something else very suspect: according to one report a family friend said “After August 30, Gabby’s parents could not get in touch with Gabby or her fiancé. Her fiancé’s mother also did not respond to phone calls.Gabby Petito's mother says texts may not be from her daughter - J99news
This leads me to believe that by August 30th, his parents knew. Possible timeline now is between 8/25 (possibly sooner if that picture was taken sooner) and probably 8/29 the latest.
Not sure, but I believe when they say “After August 30, Gabby’s parents could not get in touch with Gabby or her fiancé." They mean that 8/30 was the last communication from GP to her mother (allegedly from her anyway). We don't know when NS tried to start reaching out to BL or his family.

Gabby Petito's family says Brian Laundrie's parents know where she is

The Laundries have also refused to talk to Petito’s distraught parents.

Petito’s parents also sent a letter to the Laundries Thursday, reiterating that “we believe you know the location where Brian left Gabby.”

We beg you to tell us,” the letter said. “As a parent how could you put Gabby’s younger brothers and sisters through this?

“Gabby lived with you for over a year,” it said. “She was going to be your daughter-in-law. How can you keep her location hidden?”

Or maybe he's the abuser and this interaction emboldened him to smack her good one and he killed her. Or maybe the fight had nothing to with anything and aliens came down and abducted her. Hard to say, but she is missing and he won't say where he even saw her last.
I will say personal experience you take a trip with someone for a long period of time and have absolutely no room I can see not getting along!

They're desperate to shake anything loose, I'd do the same.

I think you're being unfair on the family. The Mom has said that BL's Mum really cared for Gabby and after all she lived with them. Is it likely that:
1) BL made no contact with his parents before turning up on the 1st Sept?
2) If he did indeed return home to move stuff out of a storage unit that belonged to them both (I've never seen an MSM source for this) that he said nothing about why he left his trip with Gabby or about the interaction with the police
3) That when he did return on 1st Sept he said nothing to his parents about where Gabby was or why he was alone?
4) He said nothing that suggested to them that a lawyer was needed to pledge silence and refuse to cooperate with the police or family
5) That there was no reason why the Brian's Mum did not reply to Gabby's Mom's texts.

The reality is that Brian's parents are vital witnesses to his communications, behaviour and movements and to him choosing to deploy a lawyer and remain silent. Lets face it - they are most likely paying for the lawyer. Why? What do they know?

They are complicit with the non-cooperation with LE. They are witnesses. They are not helping in anyway. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the most likely scenario. They have one last blow-up fight and he leaves her by herself, blinded by his emotion of what that could ultimately entail.
I too think that they had a big fight and broke up. He drove home. He doesn't know anything more than that. He doesn't know where she is. He didn't know she wasn't calling home. For all we know, he was calling her but she wasn't answering and he though she was ghosting him. Now she's missing and all eyes are on him. In that scenario you do exactly what he's doing. There's nothing he can say to help. Her parents are under stress, I understand that. They are acting though that they believe he knows something, and they are distraught. What can he say beyond what he has said, that he hopes they find her. I would hope he's told someone when he left her and where he last saw her. I think he did but don't know for sure.

So, does anyone here know if he did say when/where he last saw her?

Gabby Petito pal suspicious of phone call before she went missing

A friend of Gabby Petito said the two were supposed to meet at Yosemite National Park — but she never heard from the Long Island woman, who has since disappeared.

Petito, 22, was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yosemite and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down the specifics, The Sun reported.

But the friend never heard from Petito and is puzzled the Blue Point native would instead text her mom the next day that she was in Yosemite — 800 miles from her last known location at Grand Tetons National Park in Wyoming.

bbm
Thanks for the link !

I think it was BL's mother who said that.
His parents need to encourage him to speak up.
Their silence is unacceptable.
Gabby's family is suffering.

Someone in the last thread posited that BL's parents may know nothing and/or that BL has lied to them.
Fair enough, but they need to be supportive of Gabby's family.
She is the only victim.
Anything else is insulting to Gabby's family.
The Laundry family may be feeling a little heat from the public and certainly pressure from LE in their recent statements... but they're not suffering.
A far cry from a young life that's missing without even a state to start with in their search for her.

They have their son and he is safe and presumably being hidden by them; as he hasn't been seen out shopping or at work ?
I'd disagree regarding their first statement from their lawyer , both families aren't suffering.
MOO.

What is Gabby's father (or mother) referencing? Was there another incident in Wyoming?

Nevermind. I think he or she means they are assuming something happened in Wyoming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really like BL to retain an ACTUAL defense lawyer here, not a (likely) family friend who specializes in real estate from what I understand... Not talking to LE is smart, but at some point, saying NOTHING is pretty damning in the court of public opinion... Luckily it's not how our legal system works, but still.

I just realized they were using single use plastic containers for the blueberries and yogurt in their one YouTube video, which makes Brian’s “no plastic bottle” insistence a weird hill to die on when you’re thirsty and surrounded by police officers.
I remember David Suzuki's daughter saying the one small thing to do for the environment is stop drinking from water bottles. I always feel guilty if I do (which is rare).

Here is my take on what could have happened:-

You have two young people who are in love and have decided to take a trip around the country, Initially BL is happy to be travelling around with his girlfriend taking in the sights etc. GP has a slightly different view of the trip, hoping that this will be an ideal way to spend time with her boyfriend and to also get into social media vlogs etc.

After a while cracks start to appear in the relationship, there are tensions resulting from cramped living conditions, BL being ‘not clean’, GP trying to get her social media stuff done. I believe that BL had probably driven off before after an argument and that is why the police cam incident occurred. GP did admit on police cam that she did hit BL and she was scared he was going to drive off. I wonder if this is the way BL dealt with their arguments etc.

I think maybe after this incident tempers flared again and BL decided he’d had enough and they decided to split up, resulting in him flying home and getting rid of her things. If he told his parents that she had physically hurt him during arguments they may have been more inclined to say “well let’s get her stuff out of here” etc. Maybe they talked on phone and decided they still loved each other and were going to try again so he returns to GP.

Then unfortunately nothing changes and another big argument happens. This time maybe BL has definitely had enough and angrily decided to drive off once and for all to spite her, not thinking of the consequences. They may have been in an area where he thought it was quite safe leaving her there, people around, with provisions etc and she would make her own way home . Then after returning home and not hearing from her maybe he tries calling but gets no answer and thinks she is ignoring him. This maybe why he hadn’t said anything to anyone and why he’s locked himself away. Then it all changes when her mums calls/texts and wants to know where GP is - he panics knowing he’s left her alone and keeps quiet.

I really don’t think he would have killed her because, if he had, surely he would return with a ‘prepared story’ about how she met someone else and decided to go travelling with them instead, etc.

This is just one theory - MOO. I just hope that she is found soon.

This is the most plausible theory to me. I really agree with this take. We are talking about very young people who were fighting and had high emotions. This makes the most sense to me.

See I will be in the minority here but I don't think this is at all appropriate. It is most likely disruptive to innocent neighbors, let alone interfering in an ongoing investigation. Let LE do their jobs!

If a pink golf cart interferes with LE doing their jobs, then they must be the worst LE on the planet.

Additionally, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the innocent neighbours were cheering the golf cart on, having had Gabby live nearby for 2 years and presumably liking her. I can't imagine many neighbours feeling very impressed with this Laundrie family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member