Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, first time lurker, first time poster here. I got hooked on this case last night and I just got caught up right before this thread was closed, so forgive me if there’s anything I forgot/missed! Ever since finding out Gabby and Brian were in the same area as Kylen and Crystal my first instinct was that the cases were related, and I’ve gone back and forth on it but I’m coming back around to it now. I’m gonna divide the timeline into weeks just for clarity but so far we have:

Week 1
Monday Aug 9- hike at Arches.
Aug 10-11- still in Moab, presumably staying at same reservation-only campsite

Friday Aug 12th- Gabby spends the day working on blog stuff at moonflower, where Kylen is working; her shift ends an hour or two before G&B have the argument that results in the stop/possible DV incident. Brian is taken to a hotel room in Moab with Gabby left to drive the van north back to the campsite at Arches

Friday, Aug 13th- Crystal and Kylen last seen at Woody’s in Moab, after which they drive south, park at the McDonalds and go to their campsite, intending to camp for the weekend of the 14-15. At some point, texted friends about the creepy guy.

Week 2
Monday Aug 16- K&C don’t show up at work. Presumably, Monday night is also the latest G&B arrived in SLC, depending on when the flight the next day was

Tuesday Aug 17th- BL flies to Florida (or at least bought a ticket to do so), leaving Gabby and the van at a hotel in SLC.

Aug 18th- Kylen and Crystal are found.
Aug 19th- an unusually boring post is made on GP’s Instagram showing BL in the van at an undisclosed location.
Saturday Aug 21- GP’s dad orders DoorDash to her hotel in SLC for her

Week 3
Monday Aug 23- BL’s return flight
Aug 24- BL and GP check out of the hotel in SLC, presumably heading for Grand Teton
Wednesday Aug 25- Gabby and her mother talk on FaceTime. Those adorable pictures of GP taken at that mural in Moab, almost two weeks prior, are posted on Instagram. [Correction: the mural is in Ogden, not Moab]
Friday, Aug 27- texts sent from Gabby’s phone

Week 4
Monday, Aug 30th- Gabby’s phone texts her mom that there’s “no service in [Yellowstone].”
Tuesday, September 1- Bryan and the van return to Florida

I’m noticing that we don’t know where Gabby spent Thursday (8/12) night after the incident, or where they spent the following several days/nights of Aug 13th-16th. Did Gabby drive the van to the campsite and back at all, or did she meet Brian later that night? Did they spend the rest of their time in Moab camping at Arches, or did they move campsites over the course of the Aug 14th weekend?

When did they leave Moab? Realistically, no earlier than the 13th or later than the 16th, right? We know Kylen and Crystal were murdered at the absolute latest on Monday (16th) morning, Brian flew out on the 17th, and they were found the 18th. I do genuinely believe this could be a coincidence, but then there’s a second suspect involved which is a whole other issue.

Let’s look at that alternative, that they’re unrelated cases. What explains GP and BL’s actions? Based on my own experiences of mental health problems and taking road trips with my boyfriend, it’s reasonable they could have fought, broke up, and had him fly home anyway. (I once flew home early from a road trip with some friends because of anxiety— which sucked but was the rational thing to do at the time.) Over the next few days, they decide to have him fly back and either drive the car home, since she can’t, or continue the trip they planned. Whether or not G&B saw or knew anything about K&C, I think BL must have wanted to go back to SLC as much as GP needed him back, and wanted to tie up loose ends of whatever kind himself, even if only to keep GP from making him look bad post-breakup.

But that’s all just my $0.02
Why can't she drive her car? I keep seeing this in various posts and don't get it.

So I've finally caught up, watched the video, read the police report, etc. There isn't really much to glean from the police report or video other than two young people who had an argument. I've seen this kind of thing so many times before so it didn't set off any red flags imo. I'm not sure why anyone would take someone's mode of transportation from them, desert them and then refuse to at least say where they were last together and that does present red flags. It seems that the last known and verifiable place Gabby video-chatted with her mother on Aug 24th just before leaving Salt Lake City, UT. So we know Gabby was there on 8/24. The last pic on instagram was 8/25 at Ogden UT. We know by Sept 1 BL was home, without Gabby. So somewhere after Ogden UT, Gabby was gone. They were supposedly headed to Yellowstone. My question would be, how long does it take to travel from Utah to Florida? When did Brian start heading home? Because that would give some indication as to where Gabby might be. And what is between Ogden and Yellowstone? It seems if they had been there, there would be some eye witnesses saying they were seen there or there would have been a record of them arriving. I don't believe they made it to Yellowstone.

Being in such a remote area, could it be that the "no service" text was pushed through to mom's phone well after whoever wrote it pushed "send"?
Absolutely. I need to go back and find EXACTLY what her mother said when they last spoke on FaceTime. Was she already at Grand Teton? Did she actually say they were going to Yellowstone? Was it actually Yosemite? Did they do both? They were seen in SLC 8/24, then she was expected to be in Yosemite 8/29.

Evan Axelbank Fox13 [URL='https://twitter.com/EvanAxelbank']@EvanAxelbank [/URL]4m
This a statement from Weds by Brian Laundrie’s attorney, as to why he’s not speaking “The warning that any statement made will be used against you is true, regardless of whether my client had anything to do with her disappearance” #FindGabby #GabbyPetitoMissing #GabbyPetito

Quote Tweet

Mg-6GoZ3_mini.jpeg

Evan Axelbank Fox13
@EvanAxelbank
· 3h

Here’s the full letter from family of #GabbyPetito to family of her fiancé Brian Laundrie “We believe you know the location where Brian left Gabby.” “Please, if you or your family has any decency left, please tell us where Gabby is located.”#FindGabby

Wait wait wait... She WAS supposed to be in Yosemite by then?? I think we were all under the assumption that Yosemite and Yellowstone got confused somewhere along the way (either by her or the uncle or something). That changes a lot IMO.
Agreed, I definitely thought this. It puts that Aug 30th text into a much more “establishing an alibi” context IMHO

I'm a little tired of the media painting Brian as a kid when he's almost 24 years old. At 24 I was an actual attorney responsible for litigating cases myself. To be hiding behind your parents at 24...yikes.

I very much agree. At 24 I had been married for three years and became a mother at that age. I cannot fathom this hiding behind his parents’ skirts at 24.

I believe I’ve said the same thing in about 15 posts already, so I’ll state my opinion once more and be done with it. In reply to so many (who do have the right to their opinion, of course), I still can’t grasp this mindset that BL and his parents should be non responsive. So many people are saying “but what if he doesn’t know where she is?” I agree, perhaps he doesn’t. BUT HE CAN SAY TWO THINGS: WHERE HE LAST SAW HER AND WHEN WAS THAT. There is NO justification IMO to omit this factual information that he DOES KNOW.

At least give the family and LE a starting point and narrow it down for them. Guilty or innocent, he knows where and when he last saw her, so tell them. I know that it’s possible if he did hurt or kill her he won’t give these facts so that she won’t be found.

But I shudder when people say he doesn’t know anything, because he does know this.

Have we discussed why her hair is shoulder length in her last IG pic? Do we know how old that pic is? thanks
The monarch butterfly mural is apparently in Moab. The timelines that have been posted/linked say they were in Moab earlier than when this photo was posted. Also her hair is often up in the photos so that could be a factor.

Yellowstone National Park
1 hr ·
Update from the FBI (twitter.com/FBIDenver):

“The FBI is working with our partners in the Teton County Sheriff’s Office, Jackson Police Department, the National Park Service, and other state, and local law enforcement agencies across the country in the investigation of Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito’s disappearance.

Ms. Petito, 22, was last known to be in the area of Grand Teton National Park in late August 2021, and was reported missing on September 11, 2021. She was on a cross-country road trip with her boyfriend, visiting national parks in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. She is 5’5”, 110 pounds, has long blonde/strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes, and visible tattoos on her hand and forearm. Ms. Petito and her boyfriend were driving a white 2012 Ford Transit van with a variety of stickers on the back. The van is registered to Ms. Petito and bears Florida tag QFTG03.

If the public has any information, such as potential sightings, photos, videos, or any other information concerning Ms. Petito, their information and tips may be submitted anonymously to 1-800-CALL-FBI or 303-629-7171 or online at tips.fbi.gov. No piece of information is too small or inconsequential to help in law enforcement's efforts to bring Ms. Petito home.”

Re: the double murder and BL possibly being involved.

IMO, it is HIGHLY unlikely. That being said, the idea that authorities are publicly saying they are looking at the possibility is a genius way to light a fire under BL.

I remember Kam and Bryer from 2 summers ago and I thought it was impossible they were connected to the murders along the highway. It seemed they just went on an adventure and Kam, at least seemed nice and normal. So senseless, so random. The ending of that one still shocks me!
I think it is possible here, and maybe even a little bit likely.

I saw that, too. Also bizarre to wish a 'Happy Halloween' in August. Even if you are posing with a pumpkin, you'd think it would just be fall-centric, not Halloween-specific.
I cut hair so lol my eyes go right to hair. Yes, something is off with that last IG pic. Doesn't fit the theme and her hair is shoulder length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong