Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A reservation? I don't know how the national parks work in other areas, but they require you to register to enter Yosemite?
They've reduced access to Yosemite during Covid. There are limited reservations available (the number of reservations and if they are required has fluctuated throughout the last year and a half).

This is all MOO

I went back and watched the bodycam video, attempting to not factor in what is known now.

It seems like GP is apologetic from the beginning, takes responsibility for "distracting" BL while he was driving, and doesn't really blame him for the argument. She tells the police she is having anxiety issues, but doesn't really blame BL for them.

However, BL seems to be blaming the whole situation on GP and minimizes anything he may have done to contribute to the situation. He then appears to seriously consider having her arrested for a few minutes.
Yup. And, they played right into that, protecting him as the officer with the beard spent nearly his whole time there, with little facts in hand, urging BL to press criminal charges and if not, for Officer Robbins to try to find a way within the statute to arrest her.

Gabby Petito pal suspicious of phone call before she went missing

A friend of Gabby Petito said the two were supposed to meet at Yosemite National Park — but she never heard from the Long Island woman, who has since disappeared.

Petito, 22, was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yosemite and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down the specifics, The Sun reported.

But the friend never heard from Petito and is puzzled the Blue Point native would instead text her mom the next day that she was in Yosemite — 800 miles from her last known location at Grand Tetons National Park in Wyoming.

So...if Gabby was in Grand Teton (heading to Yellowstone per all her SM) on August 25, how does she get to Yosemite by Aug 29? While Brian has the van and is heading cross country?

I think the friend is (very) mistaken.

I think Brian didn't know where he was, either and was substituting "Yosemite" for "Yellowstone." At any rate, Gabby told Mom she was at Grand Tetons on August 25 (a day away from Yellowstone at best).

Same friend is quoted as saying two different things. I think the NYPOST is mistaken.

A friend of Gabby Petito said the two were supposed to meet at Yosemite National Park — but she never heard from the Long Island woman, who has since disappeared.

Petito, 22, was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yosemite and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down the specifics, The Sun reported.

Gabby Petito pal suspicious of phone call before she went missing

MISSING 22-year-old Gabby Petito appeared to blow off a meet-up with a close friend in Yellowstone National Park and never phoned on her birthday - but sent a 'strange' final text to her mom a day later claiming she was 800 miles away before vanishing.

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

bbm
Thanks for the link !

I think it was BL's mother who said that.
His parents need to encourage him to speak up.
Their silence is unacceptable.
Gabby's family is suffering.

Someone in the last thread posited that BL's parents may know nothing and/or that BL has lied to them.
Fair enough, but they need to be supportive of Gabby's family.
She is the only victim.
Anything else is insulting to Gabby's family.
The Laundry family may be feeling a little heat from the public and certainly pressure from LE in their recent statements... but they're not suffering.
A far cry from a young life that's missing without even a state to start with in their search for her.

They have their son and he is safe and presumably being hidden by them; as he hasn't been seen out shopping or at work ?
I'd disagree regarding their first statement from their lawyer , both families aren't suffering.
MOO.
According to the article attached it appears to be GPs mom
Snipped from article-
“Brian, how could you do this to Gabby?” Ms Schmidt asked, adding his silence was “reprehensible”.

Ms Schmidt implored Mr Laundrie to come forward with what he knew.

“Brian, whatever happened in Wyoming, happened. The only thing you can control is what you do now. Tell us where Gabby is.”
Link -Everything we know about the mysterious disappearance of Gabby Petito

I've been following this case for a few days now, and the there are only so many ways you can go:
1. He killed her in the desert and fled back to Mom and Dad for help without calling 911.
2. They fought. She ran off and fell off a cliff.
3. They fought. He left her standing in the road to "cool off", drove a few miles, turned around, came back...uh oh...no Gabby. She was picked up by someone.
4. She's currently tied up and miserable in some idiot's broken down shack.
5. She's unstable, wandered off and got lost. He couldn't find her, panicked and fled back to Mom.
6. She made the wrong choice to make him suffer for arguing with her by hiding somewhere he couldn't find her. He gave up and took off home.
7. <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Gabby's family is miserable, unhappy and tormented no matter what happened. Laundrii's parents are probably shell shocked and terrified for their son. Morally, Laundrii should give up what he knows. Legally, he doesn't have to say a thing. It seems like an iron-clad legal maneuver to protect Laundrii - but - if she is found dead or never returns and the State puts a provable case together against him, this withholding of help is going to swim back and bite him on the *advertiser censored**. It constitutes unnecessary torture of the victim's family. It won't go well with a jury.

I hope they find her.

Last edited by a moderator:
My point is - as I commented previously - if his knowledge is instrumental in achieving the most important goal, and he won't share the knowledge due to self-incrimination... just give him immunity.
Would the family be able to say they don't want him to have immunity yet? They are still hoping he will volunteer the information? They're obviously desperate, so I'm not sure where they would play into this decision?

Are they trying to connect Brian to this murder???

Re: the double murder and BL possibly being involved.

IMO, it is HIGHLY unlikely. That being said, the idea that authorities are publicly saying they are looking at the possibility is a genius way to light a fire under BL.

I agree.

The local police have said "it hasn't been ruled out".

That, to me, just means they haven't investigated it.

For all we know it's a quick "release" of suspicion off of Brian once they look at the facts; but it is actually rather smart of LE, because it/he might be compelled to answer LE's questions on the murdered married couple, and get steered off-course into the tracks of the Gabrielle investigation while they're at it.

According to reports, Gabby also told a friend on August 27 on Snapchat that she was heading for Yellowstone National Park.

Gabby's friend told The Sun they were yet to pinpoint a date to meet at Yellowstone, but she was meant to call her on her birthday, August 29, to make concrete plans.

She never heard from her again.

Just a date later, Gabby is said to have texted her mom - claiming to be hundreds of miles away at Yosemite National Park in California.

Her mom told MailOnline: "That text was NOT from Gabby I know it!"

Gabby's friend explained: "She was supposed to call on my birthday and we were going to figure it all out then because her trip wasn’t on schedule.

"The whole thing is odd. My birthday is the 29th. I don't know why she’d send that text [to her mom] and not message me.

"I also don't think she'd text her mom 'no service'. She'd call as soon as she had service, in my opinion."

The friend said she was waiting to hear from Gabby before arranging with her manager at work for time off for the trip, but wasn't concerned at first.

"I just assumed she was busy and I had a lot go on with crashing my car and I was struggling with my own life," she said.

THIS IS MAJOR IMO.

Gabby's father also mentions Wyoming and 'what happened there', the implication being this was the location of the final incident between the two. imo.

Her family believe the text was not sent by her, a claim now seemingly backed up by a close friend who alleges they were set to meet up at Yellowstone National Park in September.

Gabby's pal, who wishes to remain anonymous and is yet to speak with police, told The Sun exclusively: "[The] last time I talk [ed] to Gabby was the beginning of August when we were planning for me to meet her in Yellowstone after my birthday.

"That was the next spot. At least when we planned it. I was the only one going to see them.

"She wouldn’t wander off and not contact her family. I know that for a fact.

"She wouldn't blow me off either. She's my person. And I can't stop thinking about how scared she must be."

Wait. Now it's Yellowstone, not Yosemite? So confusing.

Wait, if Gabby was supposed to meet a friend in Yosemite...when, exactly? But they were last known to be in Wyoming on Aug. 25, , but then two text messages came to her mother between the 25th and the 30th, one saying "no service in Yosemite", but the friend never met up with her there, ... what are we to make of that? Shouldn't LE be all over that?

Maybe it means she did make it to Yosemite somehow. Or maybe it means BL drove to Yosemite on schedule (but why would he do that? Because he thought G's mom knew the itinerary, and he wanted to send a text from there to throw her off track??), then turned around and went home. But that's a very long drive to FL from Yosemite. What was the date he arrived in FL?

Shouldn't we be dissecting this? lol. The friend speaking up and saying Gabby never arrived for their meeting in Yosemite seems like an important development.

Did Gabby send that text message to her mom? Or did BL drive all the way to Yosemite, just to impersonate Gabby via a text message? (Sounds farfetched, but maybe)

They've reduced access to Yosemite during Covid. There are limited reservations available (the number of reservations and if they are required has fluctuated throughout the last year and a half).

Yep. - you have to have advance reservations to visit the park (can only drive through otherwise - and they are strict...for sure).

I'd imagine that maybe he felt even if they got into an argument and if she was the aggressor, he defended himself, pushed her, she fell and hit her head and died that no one would literally believe him if it was an accident. Especially after they were already in trouble for the assault in Utah. He probably just panicked and didn't know what to do. He wandered around a few days and just went home. Just saying that no one would probably believe it was an accident.

If he pushed her and she fell and died, ‘accident’ or not, he would be criminally liable. I don’t think his fear was about being disbelieved. His fear was knowing he’d be going to jail.

BREAKING- Brian Laundrie’s attorney has released a new statement tonight. He says this is in reference to developments today in Utah after officials said they aren’t ruling anything out when asked if this case could be connected to a past double homicide. @NBC2 @ABC7SWFL

View attachment 312836 https://twitter.com/meganmyersnews/status/1438642708390858752?s=21

Maybe nothing but I immediately thought... "Wow, what kind of response is this from his attorney?!" (you'd think attorney would flat out deny any possible association!)

According to reports, Gabby also told a friend on August 27 on Snapchat that she was heading for Yellowstone National Park.

Gabby's friend told The Sun they were yet to pinpoint a date to meet at Yellowstone, but she was meant to call her on her birthday, August 29, to make concrete plans.

She never heard from her again.

Just a date later, Gabby is said to have texted her mom - claiming to be hundreds of miles away at Yosemite National Park in California.

Her mom told MailOnline: "That text was NOT from Gabby I know it!"

Gabby's friend explained: "She was supposed to call on my birthday and we were going to figure it all out then because her trip wasn’t on schedule.

"The whole thing is odd. My birthday is the 29th. I don't know why she’d send that text [to her mom] and not message me.

"I also don't think she'd text her mom 'no service'. She'd call as soon as she had service, in my opinion."

The friend said she was waiting to hear from Gabby before arranging with her manager at work for time off for the trip, but wasn't concerned at first.

"I just assumed she was busy and I had a lot go on with crashing my car and I was struggling with my own life," she said.

THIS IS MAJOR IMO.
That’s like 900 miles away. Major whoopsie by Brian I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68