Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about the plausibility of the 'abandonment' theory. If he does this, he's not going to walk her into the wilderness and run away from her... And this van is not exactly an off-road vehicle, so doesn't he have to be somewhere it can be parked? If he leaves her stranded, taking the van, it would still be on somewhat of a roadway, no? Where, with enough time, she would be found? Or could walk the road they are driving on until she sees someone? I've never been there, so idk, but I don't see how he could abandon her deep enough in the wilderness for her to be 'lost' and by herself. IMO
I agree. Also, had that happened, he could have just told law enforcement that she jumped out at such and such place, and give them that location.

The fact that he won’t do that, tells me that he didn’t just drive off and leave her, at least not alive.

This. I have been bothered by the way the Laundries have been advised and by the few statements that have come out. It's one thing to decline to talk to the police and to keep Brian from talking to the media, but to not even offer a generalized denial of wrongdoing when this case is one of the hottest news stories nationally and internationally seems negligent

There could be a good reason but no statement whatsoever or even the attempt to ‘appear’ that he is helping them find her seems inexcusable, presently. I am dying to know what his lawyer is thinking….

Gabby's friends claimed she planned to go to Yellowstone National Park on her next stop.
Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom
Even in this article the two sites are interchangeable.
Very common to mix up the two names.

They ought to change the first letter on one of the two parks!o_O
Right, I thought their original plan was to go to Yellowstone after Grand Teton, which isn't so far away, but maybe it was Yosemite all along? Or not? The reporters can't even keep them straight?

Has anyone given consideration to what mental state both were in at the time of her disappearance?

In the bodycam video she seems clearly to have anxiety or emotional issues and it concerns the various police enough that they ask both her and Brian if she had taken anything or should be on any medications?

Could her narrowly avoiding jail time over striking him in what they tell her could constitute a domestic violence charge have made her spiral into a depression after this or become suicidal?

Perhaps she left him or ran away during an emotional moment and therefore he doesnt have anything to offer on where she could be right now?

As for people suggesting he shouldnt be lawyering up and communicating only through that lawyer, I think we all know that is exactly what you do in a case like this as the wrong statement or answer to a question without legal advice could implicate you in something you didnt do.
They also asked him if he was on medications because he seemed “hyper,” FWIW

Brian's lawyer sure isn't handling this case like he's ever going to need to win over a jury. No jury is going to feel compassion towards a guy who kept silent on the whereabouts of his missing fiancé. Which makes me wonder if Brian and family expects that Gabby will never be found.

Okay, is this correct:

Aug. 25th: GP talks to mother on Facetime.

Aug 27th: GP tells friend they will meet up at Yellowstone and GP will call on her birthday to solidify the plan.

Aug. 29th: Friend's birthday, she doesn't hear from GP.

Aug. 30th: Mother receives a text from GP's phone saying she has no service in Yosemite, which mother and friend both question actually being sent by GP herself.

Gabby's father also mentions Wyoming and 'what happened there', the implication being this was the location of the final incident between the two. imo.

I'm guessing they are misspeaking, about the incident that happened in Moab, Utah. They're saying let's move on beyond that incident involving the police, and focus on where she is now.

...Huh? What kind of "statement" is that?
The attorney is saying in not-so-many-words, that the double homicide has almost zero chance of being connected. But, that LE will never rule anything out until they can definitively rule it out.

And, MOO (of his end game in making this statement), is that people harping on this are potentially tainting any future jury pool because ... if they weave it into a plausible alternative, this will be the defense's argument. "The other guy did it."

Last edited:
Same friend is quoted as saying two different things. I think the NYPOST is mistaken.

A friend of Gabby Petito said the two were supposed to meet at Yosemite National Park — but she never heard from the Long Island woman, who has since disappeared.

Petito, 22, was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yosemite and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down the specifics, The Sun reported.

Gabby Petito pal suspicious of phone call before she went missing

MISSING 22-year-old Gabby Petito appeared to blow off a meet-up with a close friend in Yellowstone National Park and never phoned on her birthday - but sent a 'strange' final text to her mom a day later claiming she was 800 miles away before vanishing.

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom
So often news outlets scamble this stuff.

IMO, the friend's birthday was August 29, when she'd expect a happy birthday message. They hadn't yet made plans about when exactly to meet up. Same old problem mixing up parks beginning eith Y.

I agree.

The local police have said "it hasn't been ruled out".

That, to me, just means they haven't investigated it.

For all we know it's a quick "release" of suspicion off of Brian once they look at the facts; but it is actually rather smart of LE, because it/he might be compelled to answer LE's questions on the murdered married couple, and get steered off-course into the tracks of the Gabrielle investigation while they're at it.
But I don't know how he could be compelled to answer questions in a case that seems much less likely to involve him?

Brian's lawyer sure isn't handling this case like he's ever going to need to win over a jury. No jury is going to feel compassion towards a guy who kept silent on the whereabouts of his missing fiancé. Which makes me wonder if Brian and family expects that Gabby will never be found.
I wonder if he’s hiding out because he has scratches/ wounds on himself

Yes that one. No her hair is down for sure in this pic. It has to be from last year. Hair doesn't grow that fast unless extensions

Ooops!!! I take it back. It's the layer in her hair.

Beyond the hair, the timing of the message re Halloween is odd. Monarchs are orange and black so it is a cute message but why send out end of August when they had stated they were trying to get to the end of trip by Halloween? Very odd.
(And thanks to all for correcting me re the location of the Monarch mural in Ogden not Moab.)

But the message the mom got said "no cell service in Yosemite", so how do you explain that?
Clearly, switching Yellowstone and Yosemite is a common occurrence, and I imagine if you're panicking from whatever altercation you just had with your fiancé that is causing you to flee cross-country in her van, you might be liable to make the same mistake.

Maybe nothing but I immediately thought... "Wow, what kind of response is this from his attorney?!" (you'd think attorney would flat out deny any possible association!)
Extremely smart if you ask me. Throw doubt into everything, muddy the waters. There is no evidence GP and BL had guns, but I just had a thought. I wonder if Shulte-Turner "packed". Still as I commented yesterday, since GP and BL were stopped at Arches entrance they had no way of knowing who around the co-op reported their altercation there. And the bar owner of Woody's surely would have publicly reported that GP and BL were in there at the same time on Aug. 13th evening by now. (I normally don't believe in coincidence either, until it actually is one.;))

Beyond the hair, the timing of the message re Halloween is odd. Monarchs are orange and black so it is a cute message but why send out end of August when they had stated they were trying to get to the end of trip by Halloween? Very odd.
(And thanks to all for correcting me re the location of the Monarch mural in Ogden not Moab.)

And how eerie that it's her last message and their trip was supposed to end around Halloween.

Too creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member