Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Instagram the photos prior to this trip show a happy couple enjoying themselves. The travelling certainly changed things. There's no photos of his interests, particularly lino cutting. I get the feeling Brian is perfectly happy drawing or lino cutting and just being in the moment as opposed to Gabby who seems more in need of constant entertainment, always wanting videos and photos to fit into her hopes of becoming a recognised travel blogger.

If you're quieter like Brian the van doesn't allow any escape, any quiet time. Gabby seems as though she'd be pushing for the next experience, the next photo op, when I think Brian would have been happy just 'being.'

I think both Gabby and Brian could have reached their limits. She seems so fragile and needy and he may have tired of the feeling of responsibility for not just her safety but her happiness. He became increasingly grouchy and this upset Gabby even more, so she became even more needy, which suffocated him even more etc.

I think they may have spent from 9-3 at the cafe because Gabby was trying to do Instagram etc. When she said Brian didn't think she could do a blog or whatever, it could be simply that they had spent 6 hours inside, on a lovely day, just so she could spend hours doing something he just didn't think was worth using so much of a day doing.

I don't know what happened, but looking at their Instagram accounts, they both come across as nice people. He clearly cares about the environment and animals. It's confusing then that he would take the approach he has. That seems to completely contradict who he seemed to be.

If he's doing this against his will, so to speak, I hope he changes his mind and has the courage to put Gabby's welfare above his own. That is what we do when we love someone.

Did anyone else watch the very end of the full length webcam video? It's posted back a ways. The officer said over and over again that Yosemite Park in California was the place they needed to visit. This conversation was only with Brian. It made my antennas go up! Maybe the text did say Yosemite? Brian could have slipped up ......
I’ve lived in CA my entire life have been to beautiful Yosemite many times in CA and still sometimes call it Yellowstone where I’ve never been

I'm still fond of my idea that LE is hoping to draw information about Gabby out of Brian tangentially via questioning about the two murdered women, and thus, I think the lawyer's bland statement is because he's trying to say as little as possible in the hopes that North Fork LE hasn't already thought of my option, and he doesn't want to tip them off, IMO.
He would just refuse to talk to LE about the two murdered women. You cannot force a person to come to the police station unless they are arrested.

When I watched the Police cam the cop noticed a big scratch on BL’s hand. He was facing the Cop and it would have been his left hand. How would Gabby scratch him that hard to get him to stop while he isn’t pulling over for the Cop since his left hand is by the driver side door? She isn’t that tall? I wish the Police would have taken her to an ER for an evaluation and him also! His scratches would have been pictured!

Good point; lots of unknowns. AND, maybe BL dropped her off in Yellowstone where she was supposed to mee that friend. But maybe he had her phone, so she had no way to hook up with the friend.

Lots of potential scenarios...

The friend says they were supposed to meet in Yosemite. Until that confusion was cleared up, friend isn't meeting up with Gabby - as Gabby is near Yellowstone.

I think Gabby would have contacted her friend to correct that - unless, of course, they were heading to Yosemite (about 2 days from Yellowstone if you rushed - and throughout this trip, they didn't rush).

Police say they both had phones - but there seem to have been struggles over Gabby's phone. I think even if he had a so-called burner phone, the FBI will track down its data.

But I don't know how he could be compelled to answer questions in a case that seems much less likely to involve him?

He cannot. And he had no opportunity to commit that crime, IMO.

I'm not sure why people are so shocked that there are various and many crimes against women - everywhere. Including Utah.

I believe reservations can only be made the night before. At least that is how it is done here in Colorado. When you want to visit one of the parks here, like Estes Park, you have to go online around 5pm and make a reservation for the next day for an available 2 hr slot. It is VERY hard to get as you have hundreds of people online hitting refresh to be the lucky one to get a slot. I have missed out so many times while trying from home. I can imagine how hard it is while trying from your phone w/ maybe crappy signal out on the road.
actually no reservations can be made on the website ahead of time like a few weeks

Focusing on his potential involvement:

If he isn’t involved, he and his family are horrible people, and I don’t care that they are being bombarded by media and the community. All he has to do is say where he left her, that’s it. Give them a starting point.

They stopped returning texts weeks ago, and never reported Gabby missing.

If he is involved, it speaks for itself.
I’m just going to repost this every few threads …

I am not sure if this has been posted or not I have not had time to catch up with the thread!

What Gabby's friend is saying could potentially shorten up the timeline quite a bit. Especially with that last text to her mom on the 30th that the mom wasn't sure came from Gabby.

Gabby Petito pal suspicious of phone call before she went missing

"A friend of Gabby Petito said the two were supposed to meet at Yosemite National Park — but she never heard from the Long Island woman, who has since disappeared.

Petito, 22, was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yosemite and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down the specifics, The Sun reported.

But the friend never heard from Petito and is puzzled the Blue Point native would instead text her mom the next day that she was in Yosemite — 800 miles from her last known location at Grand Tetons National Park in Wyoming.

The Aug. 30 text to Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, said she had no phone service at Yosemite — a message Schmidt is convinced didn’t come from her daughter."

I agree completely. There are a lot of devil's advocates on this thread. She's missing. If he didn't do anything wrong, he could have just said so. All he had to do was cooperate and be helpful. Everything he is doing screams guilt, so if he IS innocent and this case goes cold w/no body, he is going to end up being treated like Casey Anthony, as much as I hate that case being mentioned yet again.

Imo, he is acting guilty bc he is.
Agreed! I don’t give a flying fig Newton about the fact he’s lawyered up. In fact, it’s a wise move.
The thing that bothers me most, is why he can’t provide ANYONE with a last seen location! Why is that?!!

Strange when in the car with LE on the way to the hotel the officer and BL talked about Yosemite. Then the text supposedly from Gabby to her mom Yosemite is mistakingly written in place of Yellowstone. more reason to think BL wrote it not Gabby, IMO

Yes!! I immediately thought, “how odd” that BL & the officer talked about people getting Yosemite confused…and then we’re reading reports about messages from Gabby that included Yosemite & Yellowstone

Far from a "Reasonable Doubt Play" at this point evidence points as much at someone else having harmed her as BL, so far LE hasnt announced a shred of evidence that suggests she even has come to harm at the hands of another.

His lawyer certainly doesnt come across as experienced with criminal matters but he doesnt have to be if LE cant even establish that a crime has taken place.

Disagree. If he didn't commit murder but rather left her in a canyon or any part of a national park he would have had to incapacitate her somehow. A fall, binding, something to restrict her movement. Otherwise she'd have walked away just as he did.

So if he did not "murder" her, but he did something that hindered her ability to survive, he killed her. Period. It's only a matter of degrees at that point. Doesn't matter if it's criminally negligent homicide, manslaughter or first degree. The end result would be the same - she would no longer be alive because of him being the primary contributing factor. The proximate cause.

I find that very, very odd. She agreed to go into the wilderness but doesn't feel she has the skill to drive herself? Hmmm.....

Agreed... Amelia Earhardt it ain't.

Trying to be very polite and nice to her, since she is the victim, but wondering if she might have had an unrealistic view of this experience before embarking upon it... I mean, even more so than just "someone who has not done it". It takes a lot to romanticize it, IMO, if you don't even want to be behind the wheel... and I say this as a non-driver myself.

Maybe she was not that worried because she knew she could drive it in a pinch, or maybe she's OK with maneuvering it if she's the only person/car on the road, it's just she didn't "love" it...but again, that seems odd.

It makes one feel that someone maneuvered her into, at minimum, choosing it, if not choosing the entire "vanlife" enterprise.

I'm not even saying it's Brian - maybe her father or mother coaxed her into buying it because they thought it was safer or sturdier than other options but - it is weird. It's kinda like saying your ambitions are to become a prima ballerina without ever mastering dancing in pointe shoes. If you don't love the very iconic tools of your desired trade - why would you choose it?

Agreed! I don’t give a flying fig Newton about the fact he’s lawyered up. In fact, it’s a wise move.
The thing that bothers me most, is why he can’t provide ANYONE with a last seen location! Why is that?!!
Just because we've bandied about so many different scenarios that my brain is mush:

Is there any world in which he WOULDN'T know where he last saw her?

This post says Yosemite and when you click the link it says Yellowstone. Doesn't seem like a reliable source if this anonymous person hasn't informed LE they were going to meet up.

Gabby Petito pal suspicious of phone call before she went missing

A friend of Gabby Petito said the two were supposed to meet at Yosemite National Park — but she never heard from the Long Island woman, who has since disappeared.

Petito, 22, was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yosemite and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down the specifics, The Sun reported.

But the friend never heard from Petito and is puzzled the Blue Point native would instead text her mom the next day that she was in Yosemite — 800 miles from her last known location at Grand Tetons National Park in Wyoming.

They had her van parked at her house. She had been living with them. Their actions then, coupled with their actions now, leave no doubt in my mind.

Their continued behavior speaks volumes.

The only volumes its speaking so far is that they are using common legal sense and speaking only through an attorney like everyone has a right to and really should when dealing with LE.

At the end of the day the footage seems to suggest that she had been physically violent towards BL <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the your overall interpretation, but if I recall correctly, they asked if he was on medications towards the end of the interaction.

The thing went on for an hour. If I had to guess, I'd say it was before the midway point anyway.

But he did seem to have calmed down a lot by the time he was asked. I remember being surprised at the timing of the question.

They had her van parked at her house. She had been living with them. Their actions then, coupled with their actions now, leave no doubt in my mind.

Their continued behavior speaks volumes.
Yep and If everything was hunky dory why not answer the parents calls? I can’t wait to see how many times they all were called and texted - it’s Because they knew it wasn’t hunky dory IMO

The only volumes its speaking so far is that they are using common legal sense and speaking only through an attorney like everyone has a right to and really should when dealing with LE.

At the end of the day the footage seems to suggest that she had been physically violent towards BL with the cuts around his eye and scratches all over him, if this kind of behaviour did continue after they met back up it's pretty conceivable he did put her out of the van and abandon her in the middle of nowhere.
Using common legal sense, is not the same as having basic human decency. The latter is nonexistent here.

This is not normal behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members