Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I watched the Police cam the cop noticed a big scratch on BL’s hand. He was facing the Cop and it would have been his left hand. How would Gabby scratch him that hard to get him to stop while he isn’t pulling over for the Cop since his left hand is by the driver side door? She isn’t that tall? I wish the Police would have taken her to an ER for an evaluation and him also! His scratches would have been pictured!

The altercation wasn't in the van. It was in front of the Moonflower Food Co-op in Moab, and the police tracked the van several miles away before they stopped it.

Remember:
You must have probable cause for a search warrant I.E. a crime committed.
In this case, no crime has been discovered.

I of course don't know this, but IMO, LE does believe a crime has been committed and have probable cause to at least get the basic digital info. When one of the Chiefs stated two left, one came back would go towards probable cause. Add in BL's non co-cooperation and refusal to say where he last saw her. The fact her life may be in danger if she was left in a remote location in WY and time is of the essence. He came home with her van and no Gabby. Lack of proof of life. That's a lot of probable cause. I have seen judges in other cases approve warrants on less than that. JMO though.

I like the aliens theory (always the best answer)…so yeah he appears to be at fault for something or at least he thinks he is at fault for something. The bodycam footage answers some questions but raises many others.

And did anyone else have an issue with the immediate assumption by the cops that he was the abuser? My wife noticed this before I did….They sat him in the direct sun while interrogating him and put her in the safe, shaded squad car…until they saw that he had visible injuries (and she didn’t) and especially after their stories matched (about who hit who and who was the aggressor). The officer admitted on camera that technically he should have charged her with DV.

Eyewitnesses at the previous location (that called in about their public disturbance) reported his actions as more ‘defensive’ than ‘offensive’. That’s important.

She was only let off because the supervisor didn’t understand why HE was the victim even though he just arrived on scene with little info.

And then this supervisor asks the officer to do something I’ve never heard of to the ‘now suspected aggressor’ (and I listen to legal cases for a living): to ask what her INTENT was in hitting him? Hitting him because he wouldn’t stop telling her to call down…WTF?

And not only that, he asked her this in the most blatantly ‘leading’ manner (basically warns/tells her how to answer so she doesn’t get in trouble).

My first impressions is that she is mentally troubled (aggressive, admits to being on medication, describes herself as OCD and thinks herself as mean). He seems embarrassed and overwhelmed/confused by all of it. He’s got all the physical injuries/scratches etc, reported witnesses to his defensive position in the fight and yet still says he’s fine, he loves her, doesn’t want her to get in trouble. Men don’t want to admit when a woman is aggressive to them.

But there’s definitely the possibility he cracked and this wasn’t typical behavior (relatives reported no red flags with him after years in the relationship) and maybe he did something unforgivable.

Whether that was physical violence (accidental or not) or abandonment, his lawyer obviously feels that he needs to clam up for now.

And yes, I want to know where she is and if she is ok, especially after the double murders two days later in the same area.
Excellent analysis. The stress of a long distance, off the grid, hand to mouth rough ride isn't the kind of adventure a therapist would recommend for a patient suffering with an anxiety disorder.

Utah police considered charging Gabby Petito with domestic violence after a fight with her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie

According to the article:
According to body-camera footage released by the Moab City Police Department, officers considered charging Petito in the incident, despite Laundrie saying he wasn't hurt and that he didn't want to press charges.

"It sounds like she's the primary aggressor," a police officer can be heard saying in the video. "The problem with her being the primary aggressor, in instances of domestic assault, be it male or be it female — we should arrest."

Police then go on to tell Laundrie that he would have to be separated from Petito for the night and that he could go into a police station the following day to have the charges dropped.

What WOULD be a reason to not say anything to anyone (other than his being a vile human being and is only concerned about self-preservation)?

• She was abducted and he was threatened that if he says anything she’s dead, along with him and his own family?
  • He’s shell shocked by a truly horrifying experience?
  • He knows she’s alive and fine (eg it’s all some kind of weird social experiment)?

Just because we've bandied about so many different scenarios that my brain is mush:

Is there any world in which he WOULDN'T know where he last saw her?

"Where"?

IMO, very little chance... just out of curiosity, what would this look like?

"The last" time is... the last.

I would agree he might not know what DAY he last saw her, i.e. "when"... but not "where".

I’m sure he wasn’t thinking when he sent that. Both Yellowstone and Yosemite start with a Y so he might of slipped up.

It looks like a lot of people are "slipping up" on that one. Some news sources say Yellowstone and others say Yosemite. Yellowstone makes sense. Yosemite is 9 hours away from Ogden. Yellowstone is only 4 hours away.

When I watched the Police cam the cop noticed a big scratch on BL’s hand. He was facing the Cop and it would have been his left hand. How would Gabby scratch him that hard to get him to stop while he isn’t pulling over for the Cop since his left hand is by the driver side door? She isn’t that tall? I wish the Police would have taken her to an ER for an evaluation and him also! His scratches would have been pictured!
He told the officer that the scratch was from a wire not Gabby. There was one on his upper right arm that the officer saw. Brian indicated he was not aware of that one. I noticed in earlier photos how short GP's fingernails were and I'm thinking it took a lot of force to break the skin. Just an observation.

I wonder what the reliability of that coverage is. For instance, I have "coverage" at my house, but it's 1 bar. Most of my calls are over WiFi because it's so unreliable.
Not good. We were there over the summer and have Verizon plus AT&T phones. At Grand Teton NP we were able to get some brief reception on Jenny Lake. Besides that, it was a struggle to even be able to find one bar to search things in the GPS.

I agree completely. There are a lot of devil's advocates on this thread. She's missing. If he didn't do anything wrong, he could have just said so. All he had to do was cooperate and be helpful. Everything he is doing screams guilt, so if he IS innocent and this case goes cold w/no body, he is going to end up being treated like Casey Anthony, as much as I hate that case being mentioned yet again.

Imo, he is acting guilty bc he is.
Yes I agree.
When I play the devil's advocate, I'm trying to consider the other possibilities as told by the poi.
Also there are some cases that get turned around , so to speak.
Like Heidi Broussard's.
The friend who killed her had other friends vilify the boyfriend of Heidi's.
As it turns out, none of it was true and he's a good and responsible person and always was.
I ate crow over that case.
And I've considered donating to the crowdfunding for the children's sake.

In a separate missing child case :
If a person has a relative missing but there's strong evidence that their story is full of holes and the story keeps changing in major ways ... they may not be a victim.
And if they've victimized younger relatives and a DA is willing to press charges --that won't happen without valid proof as in photos or videos.
Again that relative(s) of the missing person is not a victim, but possibly a perpetrator.

In Gabby's case, I'm thinking that BL may have told his family/friends something totally different than what occurred.
Who's going to check if they were thousands of miles away when it happened ?
I think the worst has come to pass, and I don't think many here will be eating any crow.
Something is terribly wrong.
Imo.

Brian told the officer that it wasn't from Gabby. I think he said it was from a wire? The officer took a picture of it too, just to be thorough (he reassured Brian he would mark it as a prior injury).

ABC Exclusive: Brian Laundrie's sister breaks silence on Gabby Petito

Brian Laundrie's sister, Cassie Laundrie, broke her silence in an exclusive interview with GMA on Thursday.

"Obviously me and my family want Gabby to be found safe," Laundrie said. "She's like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and found and this to be just a big misunderstanding."

Using common legal sense, is not the same as having basic human decency. The latter is nonexistent here.

This is not normal behavior.

You should know by now that when people Lawyer up, most of the time what you referred to as common human decency goes out the window.

It's a question now of is there really anything for LE to actually compel BL to cooperate and by cooperating can he actually give them anything that would help?

Lots of people here seem unwilling to consider a third party in this case, but a lot of famous killers going back decades often just happened upon their victims without much planning, it's still conceivable at this point that he kicked her out of the van like he had attempted to do once before during an argument and then perhaps had second thoughts and went back for her or didnt and learned upon his return home that she had stopped all contact with people.

Either way it's still very possible she fell afoul of someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks