SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that intent to commit insurance fraud requires filing documents to fraudulently collect insurance money and then getting caught. I'm curious how a conversation about insurance fraud (if that indeed occurred) if he were shot dead constitutes insurance fraud. No action was taken that remotely supports insurance fraud.

That’s correct. AM set up his friend Cory to go after him in pursuit of the claims. The claims originally were being reported as 500K; the attorney explained why it was more than that amount.

I had it linked here this morning but deleted it because it was hyperlinked to YouTube.

BBM
Not trying to argue here, but you don't get a skull fracture and 2 brain bleeds by someone clipping your ear with a bullet. All you get is a pierced ear.

JMO

I agree......but I don't know that he really had any of those injuries, esp since the same person who said that also said that you don't flatten your own tire to commit suicide and is now claiming that he did exactly that. I don't see anything, from any of today's photos or videos that would show that kind of injury at all. MOO

If Alex had gunshot "entry" and "exit" wounds, as claimed, he'd have at least one shaved portion of his hair OR two visible wounds on bare skin. From all angles, we see NOTHING. CES (or even Alex?) may have shot 7-10 rounds into the woods and/or air but he did not shoot Alex. In fact, I can see no injuries whatsoever on or around his head.

I'm starting to get the feeling that AM & attorneys have selected the perfect scapegoat in CES; they're gonna railroad him into bad, bad things, i.e. prison for life for double murder?

I think CES is being set up in a bad way. It stinks that the system there will most likely do him in in an effort to ‘get the real bad guy here’. It’s part of DH strategy, being as he was making certain in his court spin that the killer isn’t AM.

It’s a common occurrence in litigation with AM “it’s always someone else’s fault”. He has gotten by with it for a long time.

I'm thinking that intent to commit insurance fraud requires filing documents to fraudulently collect insurance money and then getting caught. I'm curious how a conversation about insurance fraud (if that indeed occurred) if he were shot dead constitutes insurance fraud. No action was taken that remotely supports insurance fraud.

I think I understand what you're saying about the actual insurance fraud charge (there was none).

The separate charge of Intent to commit doesn't require filing documents, though.

This is from the affidavit --

'That it is unlawful for a person to A knowingly make false statements or representation, and any other person knowingly, with an intent to injure, defraud, deceive, or who assists, abets, solicits, or conspires with A person to make false statements or misrepresentation for an.economic advantage or benefit in connection to an insurance transaction.'

I think even pointing the firearm is considered a violent offense. Did they tack on “possession of a weapon in a violent crime”? I see that charge a lot with gun crimes.
Yes you're correct, it is serious, I'm sorry. Even after having a wonderful supper I'm still in a facetious, head-spinning state of mind about this all.

I had a good supper before jumping back in and chasing this thread again.
Even tho this state has some of the softest gun laws in the country, they punish crimes involving them with pretty harsh measures. I’m kind of surprised they didn’t stretch the net and get AM with a weapon related crime. Furnishing the gun involved or something along those lines.

I think even pointing the firearm is considered a violent offense. Did they tack on “possession of a weapon in a violent crime”? I see that charge a lot with gun crimes.

I had a good supper before jumping back in and chasing this thread again.
Even tho this state has some of the softest gun laws in the country, they punish crimes involving them with pretty harsh measures. I’m kind of surprised they didn’t stretch the net and get AM with a weapon related crime. Furnishing the gun involved or something along those lines.
Exactly right, he supplied the weapon...does that mean he can sue himself? Bada Bing!

I’m just letting my imagination run wild here but…

Has anyone ever considered if this could be bigger than we think? What if the firm is just a money laundering outlet and there’s a bigger organized crime syndicate rooting itself into the community through it?

Of course PM and MM would be erased for bringing attention to matters that should remain hidden behind perfect southern charm and hospitality. It sent a very real message to AM and the firm to control your peeps and not mess with them.

AM and family had of course benefited through the years by greasing the palms of many influential players for the bigger “FAMILY” but in this he is the fall guy - he isn’t a drug addict nor did he take the firm funds. He just had family members that brought too much attention where there shouldn’t have been.

The firm had to explain how certain millions went missing by saying that AM took it, because FAMILY isn’t happy about all the scrutiny and needed ”expenses” that couldn’t be adequately explained to be explained quickly.

For AM, the only choice left was publicly take the fall and make everything be quiet again or your and BM’s safety would be not be guaranteed…

He thought he’d kill himself and provide BM with enough funds for life so he can move away and not work for the firm anymore. But CES (the only person he knew who might agree to such a crazy plan) proved much too unreliable and it failed.

So now he has no choice but to go to jail as the fall guy who took millions.

Just my musings. Maybe I watch too many movies.
Hmmm....sounds like a movie plot.

JMO

I’m just letting my imagination run wild here but…

Has anyone ever considered if this could be bigger than we think? What if the firm is just a money laundering outlet and there’s a bigger organized crime syndicate rooting itself into the community through it?

Of course PM and MM would be erased for bringing attention to matters that should remain hidden behind perfect southern charm and hospitality. It sent a very real message to AM and the firm to control your peeps and not mess with them.

AM and family had of course benefited through the years by greasing the palms of many influential players for the bigger “FAMILY” but in this he is the fall guy - he isn’t a drug addict nor did he take the firm funds. He just had family members that brought too much attention where there shouldn’t have been.

The firm had to explain how certain millions went missing by saying that AM took it, because FAMILY isn’t happy about all the scrutiny and needed ”expenses” that couldn’t be adequately explained to be explained quickly.

For AM, the only choice left was publicly take the fall and make everything be quiet again or your and BM’s safety would be not be guaranteed…

He thought he’d kill himself and provide BM with enough funds for life so he can move away and not work for the firm anymore. But CES (the only person he knew who might agree to such a crazy plan) proved much too unreliable and it failed.

So now he has no choice but to go to jail as the fall guy who took millions.

Just my musings. Maybe I watch too many movies.
You might be on the right track. This post seems Pelican Brief-esque; it’s all so complex that it really could be something along this line that’s really going on. I’m barely keeping up. The only other case I’ve followed that is equally complex is the Don Lewis case. Both definitely movie-worthy. Holy moly and moo…

Meth will cause one to pick at their face.

Re: the money. When we placed disciplinary sanctions against a physician’s license - the main reasons were because the doctor wanted power, money, drugs or sex so much they were willing to risk their reputation, career and livelihood. Sounds just like AM. No one can make me believe he didn’t also have a sexual cost of living allowance he kept in his piggy bank loaded with stolen money.

We had a catch-all grounds rule we used at the Board for physician licensure restrictions, suspension or revocation: Moral Turpitude ~ A phrase that describes wicked, deviant behavior constituting an immoral, unethical, or unjust departure from ordinary social standards such that it would shock a community.
Moral Turpitude
The IRS also. It's an ethics issue.

I've followed a lot of cases on here, but this one is one of the wildest. It seems like every other day I'm updating my work colleague, a true crime enthusiast, on this case.

I've never felt this way regarding a case, I know my take is probably not shared, and I'm probably likely to be made to open-mouth-insert-fist, but...I actually feel bad for Alex. I don't know why I do.

I've followed a lot of cases on here, but this one is one of the wildest. It seems like every other day I'm updating my work colleague, a true crime enthusiast, on this case.

I've never felt this way regarding a case, I know my take is probably not shared, and I'm probably likely to be made to open-mouth-insert-fist, but...I actually feel bad for Alex. I don't know why I do.

I’ve been feeling the same. I’m about the same age and am saddened to see someone with an advanced education and despite some general lawyer criticisms, seemed pretty successful at one time, just lose it all, family included. I’ve been hesitant to go all in on thinking he had something to do with the murders for this same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam