Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just keep going back to the van. How did HE end up with the van?

There's something in my gut saying that's the big clue to how whatever went down did. He made sure he and the van stayed together, and both ended back up in Florida. Had he left the van out west, and there was no sign of G, it seems the search radius would have combed out in the vicinity of the van. Maybe he didn't want that.

Right now, I'm assuming he got what he wanted: the van, back to Florida, no communication with G's relatives, and virtually no communication with LE.
Would also delay her parents ability to report her missing right away.

i watched the body cam video, the entire one posted on the media thread (not the condensed version). They both seemed like lovely kids, very stressed and exhausted, yes. Putting the FL trip BL made in the middle of their trip, which seems very strange, aside…don’t know what to make of that… I can’t stop wondering if the poor newlywed tragedy is somehow related. Seems too horrible to be a coincidence. What if the perpetrator of that crime approached GP and BL, and I don’t know, did something unspeakable and BL got away and freaked out, and is scared and paranoid to go to the police for fear of retaliation… I know this is totally melodramatic but they seemed like a caring loving couple, granted testy at times, but happy together as far as the videos go. Maybe he didn’t do anything to her but is afraid to come forward.

It really makes perfect sense.
He is guilty in your eyes regardless. So what happens if he talks.

The police go through every effort to get him to contradict himself. The minute he does that, he is now guilty of lying to the police. If she walked out of him and he thought she was safe from the 24th until the 11th, nothing good can come from talking. It will only make you look worst and the police will get you to slip up.

The mom gets an text from her daughters phone on August 1st, easily traced to Yosemite. The van and BL was back in Florida on the 1st.

He would have to drove the van back to florida. Caught a plane back to California, then traveled to Yosemite to send one message, hope a plane back to florida.

That is the problem with this case. He could not drive that distance in 24 hours. He could not really fly that distance in 24 hours.

If the texts on the 24th and the 30th are from GP's phone , then BL could not have been
evolved. If those messages where sent those message were sent from anywhere, lets say texas and florida, BL would be in hand cuffs and arrested.

To be fair, you don't really know whether I think he is guilty or not. That is just an assumption on your part.

The point I was making is the family of Gabby is literally pleading with BL and his family just to let them know the last place he was with her or knew where she was. It's the least he can do; it's unconscionable and inhumane of him to stay silent. If he is innocent, the police can't make him slip up if he is telling the truth, and per your theory that it would be impossible for him to have sent the text on the 30th and be back home in Florida on 9/1, phone records would be able to prove that so he has nothing to worry about.

It's all going to come out in the end.

I agree. All indications are that she was desperate to stay with the van and not be abandoned or left stranded. So much so that she physically fought him for possession of the keys and to get back into the van. Which is what got her in trouble with LE: panicking and trying not to be left behind.

Doesn't BL even mention that she didn't want to be left behind "again"? So just how many times has he locked her out and told her to walk the other way? How many times has she feared he was going to drive off and leave her in an unsafe situation?

MOO but there seems to be indicators of control issues on BL's part. Anyone else get that vibe? Gabby blaming herself and assuming the guilt for things escalating seems pretty text book too.

That bro-like fist bump with the cops, ugh.

As a DV survivor it has been tough to watch the body cam footage. I just see so much of the young me in how she was reacting, the state she was in.

Perhaps I'm not being fair to BL. Or perhaps I just know a passive aggressive abuser when I see one.

The issue is the one who is most open is most likely to be seen as "in the wrong". I don't think BL is an "abuser", I think that wording is a bit harsh, but I do think he's manipulative and smart. He asked the officer what Gabby had said and then went on to give his account by connecting with the officers. "I grabbed her face...well...I mean I don't know if you guys are in a relationship" at which point the officers agree they know what women can drive a man to do.

Then you've got personal experiences, an officer who readily tells about his toxic ex-wife. That's going to color his opinion.

Again, this isn't to say anyone was wrong, who was to know that in two weeks this girl would be missing and this boy who was so eager to be chummy with police and so open, would refuse to speak a word now.

What we're all seeing in that video is the complexities of a relationship, the he said/she said of it all. Two young people who had an argument who are otherwise rational and sane but had a less than attractive moment. Neither is an abuser or suffering from some deep seated mental illness, they were in a relationship crisis and being assessed by complete strangers.

For one thing, BL doesn't have a cell phone plan so he can only text using a wifi connection. Secondly, if it's him texting the mom, it's good a way to throw her off Gabby's location by implying she's in Yosemite. Does anyone know if wifi texts are traceable? ty

I bet her mother would like two minutes alone with BL.

Yes the text message will have either an IPv4 or IPv6 address that is assigned to a service provider like Comcast, Century Link, etc. You would have to trace the address back to the subscriber which the ISP has record of. You would know where the text was sent from within a few 100 feet or less of the the subscribers location. Wifi signals generally don't carry as far as cell tower signals.

I watched the body cam footage today. This is such a sad, relatable story for me.

I think she was super sweet and adorable and could probably sometimes be "a lot" with her anxiety, OCD, emotions like a lot of 22 yr old girls (myself included). I think he is generally a nice guy, but has a temper and an ability to gas light. He overeacts when physically provoked by her and/or can't get away to silence and a break. She wants to be right in the thick of it fighting and gets very anxious and emotional and doesn't want to be alone, no matter how bad the fight. I think he snapped and has snapped before and they make up and she promises to not be so "crazy." She accepts his abusive behavior because she believes she pushed him to the brink and anyone would lose it on her. I think he really lost it and something happened in the heat of the moment.

bingo.

This must be heart wrenching for her family and friends. Daughter goes on trip with boyfriend, he comes back alone. Says nothing, and gets a lawyer.

The domestic violence situation wth police is beyond disturbing.

Nothing more to say.

If this alleged real-estate lawyer thinks he's capable of negotiating a murder immunity deal with the FBI...good luck. He's playing with the big boys now.

That reply doesn't make sense. Not sure in what area he practices, but it's actually irrelevant. If he is a real estate attorney you can be certain someone else will be joining, if not completely taking over the case. And it isn't the defense attorney who is dealing anything at the outset. He will remain quiet as a church mouse for now. It is LE who will ultimately decide whether or not to deal if their evidence is not leading them to her and the weather starts to turn. Their job is to get Gabby back to her family and hold anyone responsible accountable.

If the defense atty knows his client is culpable, he knows his client needs to strike a deal. And, he also knows they will only come to him if they still need him. Hence, the silence. No matter how unappetizing this may be, as time wears on, LE will tread lightly unless their case comes together. And, we should all hope and pray that it is doing just that.

Disagree. Many lonely people are working hard to put up an Instagram front, especially these days. Can't tell one way or another - but only one friend has come forward (with vague information, IMO).

Two friends have come forward from what I have seen, though only one in the media. I don’t think I can post the other one since it was on FB.

Link please! This could change a whole lot of confusion & assumptions!

A friend of Gabby Petito said the two were supposed to meet at Yosemite National Park — but she never heard from the Long Island woman, who has since disappeared.

Petito, 22, was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yosemite and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down the specifics, The Sun reported.

Gabby Petito pal suspicious of phone call before she went missing

So, this girlfriend says Yosemite and Gabby's mom did, too.

It's Ogden Utah. I can keep the locations straight because I live in SLC. It would be confusing if I didn't have that advantage.

We need a really good map maker. Sadly I am not that person. Does anyone feel like volunteering? And God Bless you in advance if you do.
What happened to our mapmaker? It's been a while since I've been on, but we used to have someone who posted regularly and kept us on track with maps.

This is incredibly confusing. Yosemite is a long way away from where they were. If she facetimed with her mom on the 24th or 25th she could have been in Yosemite by the 29th but not with Brian and the van. There's no way he could have made it back to Florida by the 1st in two days - unless he had another person to share the driving, straight through, w/o rest. So back to the question of whether he and Gabby headed back to Florida, together and something bad happened along the way.
Its not confusing if you remove Yosemite from the scenario completely. Yosemite is a complete red herring IMO. We have one text that mentions it and the veracity of that text being from her is questionable.

If LE starts searching in Yosemite, I will reverse my statement. But I am not in fear of contradiction. For there to be a nexus, there has to be more than one text as proof. What else is there?
MOO

It has been reported to LE and NPS I work in Grant village which is 27 miles from the Tetons
If I remember correctly, there are cameras in various places around Yellowstone. I remember seeing video from the Daybell/Vallow case. Is there any video confirmation you are aware of that shows GB and BL?

Yep. So, if he's silent due to self incrimination, why not offer him immunity... if the most important thing is to find Petito.
Because the police haven't charged anyone with anything yet, and they don't know what crime has exactly been committed in which state. Abandonment in the desert? Accidental death? Stealing a car, because after all it was her car? And they are looking into the other women being murdered around the same time. Too many variables and unknowns to offer a "deal" even if they knew which prosecutor might be trying the case. It's too soon for that.

Edited to add: Unlike in TV and movies, real police need permission to offer immunity. Usually that is done closer to a trial by Prosecutors, not police.

Creepin his ig idk if this is allowed but I actually find this very disturbing read the caption, well it won’t let me post the pic but it’s of his drawings talking about chainsaws and murder
Just a style liked by young people. If you looked at the search history by most Websleuths members , you would think we are depraved murderer's.

I’ve been back on her IG account to see if there’s anything else I could have missed, and I come across this here’s the link to support my observation.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB6CNi5FOX0/?utm_medium=copy_link

In here she states “ she was actually terrified to sit in the hammock above the waterfall”

In the body-cam she stated she doesn’t do the driving, and she doesn’t feel comfortable driving.

I get the impression, she has fears and is vulnerable to risks. Maybe just a thought! IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305