Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why police can’t force Brian Laundrie to speak on Gabby Petito’s disappearance

Mr Garrison acknowledged that investigators had grown tired of Brian Laundrie’s refusal to speak to them, even if he was “exercising his constitutional rights” to remain silent.

The case has also been playing out on social media and internet message boards, in conversations from Ms Petito’s home state of New York to Wyoming where she was last seen, with everyone asking the same question: why won’t Mr Laundrie tell police what he knows?

Legal experts confirm Mr Laundrie’s right to silence is guaranteed by the Constitution’s 5th amendment, which protects the rights of anyone, suspect or otherwise, from making self-incriminating statements.

The 6th amendment asserts that everyone is entitled to a lawyer.

Utah defense attorney Greg Skordas, who is not involved with the case, told KUTV that many people assume a person is hiding something if they assert their right not to speak.

“I think it’s smart for this attorney to say ‘look my client is not hiding anything I’m advising him not to speak at this time and he’s willing to follow my advice at this time’”, Mr Skordas says.

Mr Skordas added there could come a time when a person of interest would want to talk to police.

I see nothing about any marks on Gabby in the police report, nor did I hear it in the police video. I just rechecked the police report.

Which I have shown is an oversight since the camera footage shows marks visibly. And it is even discussed with one of the police officers (park rangers?).

So why were her injuries omitted or ignored? It certainly puts a slant on things when hers are not documented, I would think.

He's not the only one that blames her for his "dangerous, illegal driving." @timestamp 50.20, the female cop states that Gabby said she was distracting him by hitting him, and that it was her fault he swerved."
and who told the cop she was " hitting him" enough to make him swerve? If at all. He was smart enough to avoid a speeding and careless driving ticket by blaming her for everything.

Timestamp 8:35 is where there is a discussion of whether BL hit GP or not. She explains that he grabbed her face. Demonstrates it. And says that's how she got the cut on her left cheek, and she can "still feel it".

Here is a cropped version of a clearer screenshot of the aforementioned cut. Note that I have only cropped the screenshot, not done any other editing. Timestamp is visible.

View attachment 312853

Hand cut/scratch, with timestamp visible:

View attachment 312854

Edited to add a link to the video source (Fox 13) I used -

I've attached other angles. I really want to be factual here.
The first is during the beginning. Did she scratch her face while in the back of the SUV?
While you can see the scratch at #2, her hand is clear.

EDIT: I think her crying has ran her makeup. Picture 3 shows the tear streams puddling exactly where the "scratch" appears in the gp2 photo.

Attachments

• GP1.PNG
    GP1.PNG
    363.7 KB · Views: 133
  • GP2.PNG
    GP2.PNG
    221.9 KB · Views: 122
  • gp3.PNG
    gp3.PNG
    154.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Police look for any link between Petito case and Moab homicides - follow updates live

Father of one of Brian Laundrie’s classmates describes him as “quiet” and “a good kid growing up"

Sean Leahy, the parent of a classmate who went to school with Brian Laundrie, told Fox News the man was “quiet” and “a good kid growing up.”

“The one thing that troubles me is that he came home. He didn’t say nothing,” he said. “And he got a lawyer.”

“All of this stuff coming out, I’m like surprised because every time I ever hung out with Brian, had classes with Brian, he was a really nice kid, a really funny kid,” he told the network.
Seemed like a nice guy in the video too. And, very in love. But, something happened and he did not make a beeline to local police. He fled the state and is not speaking. That's suspect, no matter how you cut it. If his attorney had information this was accidental, he was scared, anything of this nature, (it is my opinion), that he'd be facilitating the cooperation. Instead from where I'm sitting it appears his attorney knows something serious and is either waiting for another atty to take over and will then surrender or, has plans to keep quiet until they come to him with a proposed deal if he leads them to her. He's gambling. Because if they find Gabby first which I hope and pray they do, his noncooperation *may* be an aggravating factor for an upward departure in the sentencing guidelines. They may not phrase it as this to seek it - but they'll seek it. Or, at least they should.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Just to clarify in case there is any confusion or misunderstanding, all missing persons are considered the victim at Websleuths. People do not have to be deceased to by considered a victim.

I appreciate declaring that a missing person meets the criteria to be a victim. Particularly in a case with a named POI! For a few minutes there I was worried we were going to be on the yes/no carousel for hours. Thanks!

Check out Gabby & Brian V.'s reviews on The Dyrt

GP's account at The Dyrt, the reviews section.

On 29 July, she or somebody posted a review of BLM 378/Willow Springs Rd in Arches National Park. It doesn't say exactly when they stayed there.

eta: I see there were two other reviews added on 26 July, of places they stayed in Virginia and Florida. Hmmmm.

The review text:

Beautiful open sky view

Highly recommend taking a walk to watch the stars very late at night! There is a spot past the tress if where the sky completely opens up, really nice spot in the shade to put tent! Got to watch a crazy thunderstorm in our newly converted van! Follow our journey Nomadicstatik.com & YouTube!!

Reviewed July 29th, 2021
Visited in July
Site 5

Some of the

one correction I don't believe they are taking his word on anything, I believe LE knows exactly who is responsible and are working hard to prove it. tic....tic....tic the clock is ticking and I believe that BL isn't is smart as he thinks he is.....With the agency's involved I believe that BL's silence has only bought him time but that sandglass will eventually run out

LE has been collecting data and are putting the pieces together.
With a little bit of luck, they will locate GP.

SBM
Yes. She handles stress by going manic and he handles it more calmly, as evidenced by the video itself. I would call that an accurate characterization.
I suspect you may not have ever seen someone in a truly manic phase. She is sitting in a vehicle, drinking water and crying. She seems terrified IMO.

Missing Gabby Petito’s family questions silence of fiancé: 'I beg his mother to make him speak'

Petito’s family joined "Hannity" on Thursday to provide an update on the case and her father Joe Petito stressed that everyone’s asking where his daughter is except for one person – Laundrie.

"We’re all trying to find the answer and the only person who knows it is sitting over in their house," he said. "You can’t have a more frustrating situation… Look where we are. Everyone’s sitting here trying to bring Gabby home and the only one who doesn’t care is the one who’s supposed to care about her the most."

Petito’s stepmother Tara Petito explained that Laundrie’s mother knew her son had already returned home by the time they were contacted.

Petito’s stepfather Jim Schmidt confirmed that the police have the couple’s van in their possession, yet there’s been little information divulged. This may include details on text messages sent from Petito’s phone on Sept. 10 which her mother suspects were sent by Laundrie.

Is this NEW INFO??!
I don’t recall September 10th messages!

GP stated in the LEO video she had just showered the day before. This was in response to the LEO saying a shower might make her feel better as she was preparing to enter the van to drive away. Not a big deal but he again brings up how a shower helps his anxious wife calm down when he’s driving BL to the hotel. JMPO

I am very much pro LEO but this guy shared too much personal info and he’s the one who spoke of Kings Canyon and Sequoia NF.

Welcome to Websleuths,
GoldfishMango !!

I was visiting Antelope Island State Park in Utah (near Ogden) yesterday, and overheard park rangers discussing the FBI reviewing their security footage from a day in August, since someone reported seeing this couple in the van there, remembered noticing something about the way the woman was acting. Not confirmed that this was GP and BL. So it seems no stone will be left unturned. Would think that the Yellowstone and GT entrance stations security cameras are also being scoured. Having been in Yellowstone and Grand Teton recently also, I can confirm that cell coverage is very weak or non-existent. These are big parks, but extremely crowded. Since hunting and dogs are not allowed, the usual ways that bodies are found in the woods, it may be a long time, if ever, before her body is found unless someone comes forward with a tip.
Moab is a small enough town that it seems like just a coincidence that the couple who was murdered worked in the co-op where this couple had the argument. My guess is that the creepy guy was a homophobic psycho.

Check out Gabby & Brian V.'s reviews on The Dyrt

GP's account at The Dyrt, the reviews section.

On 29 July, she or somebody posted a review of BLM 378/Willow Springs Rd in Arches National Park. It doesn't say exactly when they stayed there.

eta: I see there were two other reviews added on 26 July, of places they stayed in Virginia and Florida. Hmmmm.

The review text:

Beautiful open sky view

Highly recommend taking a walk to watch the stars very late at night! There is a spot past the tress if where the sky completely opens up, really nice spot in the shade to put tent! Got to watch a crazy thunderstorm in our newly converted van! Follow our journey Nomadicstatik.com & YouTube!!

Reviewed July 29th, 2021
Visited in July
Site 5

Some of the
Wow good find!

Police reports, social media provide timeline of Gabby Petito's disappearance after road trip with fiancé (nbcnews.com)

Police say Brian Laundrie is a “person of interest” in her disappearance and has been uncooperative in the investigation.

Before 22-year-old Gabby Petito went missing, she and her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, were in love and ready to embark on the road trip of a lifetime.

The couple began a cross-country tour of national parks in July, documenting their journey on YouTube and Instagram using the hashtag #VanLife.

Now, authorities across the U.S. are mounting a search for Petito, who hasn’t been heard from since late August when she was believed to be in Grand Teton National Park near Jackson, Wyoming. At least a half-dozen law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, are looking into her disappearance.

Police in Florida this week called Laundrie a “person of interest” in Petito's disappearance and have said he’s been uncooperative in the investigation...

This is the first I am hearing of at least half a dozen law enforcement agencies. This is massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52