Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thing I can't get over.

Let's say it was an accident, whatever happened to GP that's made her fall off the grid. It wasn't BL, for the sake of this argument, let's give him that. She fell, she ran away. She killed herself. She simply disappeared.

What normal person doesn't call 911? I mean, come on.

Even when I try to give BL the benefit of the doubt, I can't. If it WAS an accident or disappearance, and he failed to call for assistance, then WHAT is wrong with him?! Even us sleuths wouldn't likely think about our own legal circumstances when faced with a possible crime -- we'd think about getting justice!

So what I'm saying is, basically, even if he didn't deliberately hurt her in the end what other things was he capable of and put her though during their relationship?

Yes the point is no matter how strained a relationship is, if you had any feeling for them or any connection whatsoever your initial reaction would be Oh no we need to get them help. Driving home lawyering up is a huge red flag. If you have absolutely nothing to hide then you wouldn't put her family through the stonewalling and unanswered questions. That's just not a normal human reaction, the normal reaction would be what can i do to help. The mind wouldn't even go to self preservation mode, something here is seriously wrong, and LE absolutely knows it. JMO

Yes. Then @ timestamp 21.00, the cop explains what the witness saw, stating " He never saw the male strike the female." then he stated that "She was trying to claw her way back in. She's trying to climb over him, he's trying to disengage. Everything she's saying is the same thing the witness is saying. He never hit her." Then the cop goes on to say "she's the aggressor."
Once again, IMO, this is just sad. It's sad for me to see how distraught Gabby was. You could see it on her face. Having said that, It doesn't matter if you're a 350 lb. linebacker playing for the NFL. If someone is attacking you, clawing at you and hitting you in the face with a cell phone, you have a right to defend yourself, and that's the only thing he did. I don't understand where the "abuse" everyone's taking about comes into play here. Yes, he was trying to lock her out to detach from the situation. If someone's attacking you on your front lawn, and you run in the house and lock the door to escape the situation, is that wrong? Not playing fair? What am I missing?

But how do you know that's the only thing he did? None of us were there. I don't care what either of them said. They were both lying, imo. They were down playing the situation and anxious to get back to their dysfunction. It's comfortable for them both, sadly.

Gabby was too young and emotionally immature to be on this trip. You don't need a crystal ball to see that this is an abusive relationship. And there is a massive difference between a man hitting a woman and a woman hitting a man. (Generally) He could have killed her with one punch or by wrapping his hands around her neck. She could not. imo

Okay, I will think out loud (out type?) here.

Last seemingly likely contact with GP would've been the friend on the 8/27 via Snapchat. BL is back in Florida 9/1. Five days later. We know GP missed calling her friend on 8/29 (per the friend). So somewhere between 8/27-8/29, something happened. If it was, at the latest, 8/29, that's 3 days to get back to North Port, FL, which is a 35 hour drive. ~12ish hours of driving every day if so. I'm thinking the most likely scenario would be something happening on 8/28.

Also, if GP and the friend were supposed to meet in Yellowstone and they were supposed to solidify that plan when they spoke on 8/29, that seems odd to me. How long did GP & BL plan to spend going from SLC to GTNP to Yellowstone?

ok question when did BL make the playlist of songs....
Cassie Laundrie opened up in an interview with ABC News after her family was accused by the Petitos of withholding valuable information about the whereabouts of Gabby, who was reported missing Saturday.

“Obviously me and my family want Gabby to be found safe,” Cassie said in the interview.

“She’s like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and found and this to be just a big misunderstanding,” she added.

bbm "obviously " not to me.... exactly the opposite.

I'm sure BL would have felt GP was to blame for him getting pulled over.

It would've been:
her fault for making him speed
her fault for acting crazy
her fault the cops pulled them
her fault for getting them into this mess

I'm sure BL would've been enraged by that. So enraged he would've probably wanted revenge.

Getting pulled over by the cops and having to explain yourself would've damaged his ego. Yikes.

... I don't understand where the "abuse" everyone's taking about comes into play here. Yes, he was trying to lock her out to detach from the situation. If someone's attacking you on your front lawn, and you run in the house and lock the door to escape the situation, is that wrong? Not playing fair? What am I missing?

What I think you're missing is that you have the script flipped. Your post seems to indicate you believe he was being accused of being an abuser. It was her they were accusing.

Apparently you can speed in Utah and just blame it on your girlfriend and say you're "sorry" and the cops say, "hey lemme tell ya about MY crazy old lady...." Yes I'm being flippant but those cops bothered me. Their whole looking for fingernail scratches was over the top, the way they examined every inch of BL while they were standing there chatting in the video. Even laughing. BL is out there walking on rocks every day and probably getting all scratched up doing that stuff and the cops are standing there pointing out every little scratch and red spot on him they could find. He even told them one of the scratches was caused by "a wire" and the cop took a photo of it anyway just to have it documented, for no reason at all!

Of course this is all my opinion. I don't dislike cops. I was not happy with these two though. I did see a woman cop on the scene in the video. but she didn't do much interacting with the others.
Frankly, I was very impressed with how law enforcement handled this stop. In the end, seperation was what was needed - citing anyone was not going to change the outcome (they would have been together again in the morning regardless) and having Gabby with a Domestic Violence record would have been unecessary and burdesome.

BBM. I don't see questioning the uncooperative behaviour of the fiance as "projecting baggage."

Future bride and groom go camping, groom drives to his parents' home in her vehicle between Aug 27 - Sept 1. She is missing, and he does not notify her family. When asked, he throws his hands in the air and says: "I donno where she is, she left." Her parents report her missing Sept 11.

Not believable in 2021 that he and his fiance accidentally lost all contact during a lover's spat.

Well, that doesn't address what I said which was about other than returning w/o her and not talking. And, yes, there is a ton of projection going on based on people's personal experiences with exes or just the need to victimize/demonize in case after case.

How large is Moonflower Coop? Are we talking supermarket size or country cafe size? I’m wondering how likely it is that Kyle actually interacted with one or both of them.

It be pretty rare for someone with no history of crime that we know of to suddenly commit a triple murder and then drive across country after the fact with no one noticing anything. That said rare, seeming impossible things happen everyday

RSBM
I would consider (as does the law in most states) going 3x the speed limit to be extremely reckless. In my area, police regularly pull people over and give them tickets for going above 30mph in a 25mph zone.
45 in a 15 is outrageous. We don't know if the speed limit is for wildlife in the area, or what, but a 15mph speed limit is very low and assuredly put there for good reason. And yes, speeding is in itself a well-known, well-worn abuser tactic. Sheesh.

My very odd ex did this to me. Drove at extraordinarily high speed to scare me - he did it while I was intoxicated because he knew I couldn’t take over driving. As you said, typical abuse. If this is what happened to her (intoxicated or not) - I can understand why she would be very shaken up afterward. It has been several years since my incident and I still have a very hard time driving with others.
Yes, I had a crazy ex who would do the same if he was mad at me. He'd speed and drive recklessly, to scare me, and he'd laugh and enjoy it.

Well, that doesn't address what I said which was about other than returning w/o her and not talking. And, yes, there is a ton of projection going on based on people's personal experiences with exes or just the need to victimize/demonize in case after case.

Do we know when her parents found out that he had returned? How many days did they wait to report her missing?

Not my favorite theory either. In fact I completely discounted any connection between Gabby's disappearance and the murder of the two women.

But I am rather curious as to reports that LE is looking into a possible connection.

It was suggested a while back, in the last thread that maybe BL was involved, out of rage for one of the women coming to the defense of Gabby with the scene at the grocery place...the "second" witness other than Chris. I didn't accept that theory at all.
My feeling has been that those women were killed by that creeper because he was anti gay, homophobic...

Then the latest update today on those murders relate that they were found semi nude, way from their tent, in the creek, which could point to sexual assault. That reinforced my conviction that BL had nothing to do with it.

Why is LE interested in pursuing a connection? They must have a reason.
So now I am wondering, was this unknown psycho creeper aware of Gabby and Brian's presence in Moab, especially given that they may have interacted with Kylen? Was he stalking Kylen? Was he nearby the grocery place that day? Did he then stalk Gabby and Brian after he shot the women? And at some point did he get them alone? And then....well, there are several possible horrific scenarios.

And, Brian traumatized took off for Florida.....terrified he'd be targeted as the suspect due to the incident with the police.

Thinking aloud, not thought through....still leaning strongly to the more obvious Occam's Razor theory. It's LE's interest in the poor couple's murder in relation to G and B that has me wonder.

I’m curious as to why you think the couple being found away from the tent and partly nude reinforces that BL wasn’t involved?

For me, it raised serious possibilities. Especially when you consider they had been in the same place at the same time for 6 hours on 8-12.

And I cannot get BLs very keen interest in “Lullaby” out of my head.

SEP 16, 2021
Federal law enforcement focusing on Grant Teton National Park in search for Gabby Petito | KUTV
[...]

Police confirmed they are searching the Park and are asking anyone who saw the couple here or may have pictures of them to contact the FBI.

[...]

Park visitors told 2News on Thursday that they saw a group of police officers conducting what appeared to be a grid search in a field on the east side of the park.

[...]

An FBI spokesperson declined to comment on specifics of any searches being conducted in the park.

[...]

That’s interesting.
And concerning… Honestly, it sounds like something my narcissist ex would have said on this situation. He was aleays trying to save face… his face.

He told people so much crap about me and had them convinced it was true. I lost so many friends after we broke up. He even tried to turn my own BFF against me but she had already heard my side of the story before he gave his spiel but she said it was very convincing.

And he also got super ugly and vicious towards me after I broke up with him, threatening towards me, called me horrible vile names, acted erratic… I was legit afraid he was going to show up with a gun outside my college or work, and his own best friend agreed with me when I expressed my concerns to him (mutual friend).

I can’t stop thinking Gabby may have tried breaking up with him and he snapped… Thankfully I broke up with my ex on the phone as I had an inkling it wasn’t going to go well.

Last edited:
“Obviously me and my family want Gabby to be found safe,” Cassie said in the interview.

Obviously seems like a very dismissive term to me. As if "I'm saying this to keep you happy, but not because I am really convinced of it"

And it doesn't reassure me that her family wants GP found safe for the same reason that I want her found safe.

It's as if her family wants her found safe to get everyone off their back, and we want her safe because she is wronged person, a daughter, and a friend who is in great danger.

I don't get much sincerity out of her comment at all. I wonder what on earth BL told them that leaves them so cold and dispassionate about a potential sister-in-law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member