CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the Candlelight project put on hold BECAUSE of the outstanding taxes? Is it possible it was put on hold because of the pending court case Lydia had to dispute her premarital agreement...
You've been following along on this Candlelight Project since way back. I don't know if Dia was going to pursue getting that PreNup invalidated. As much as I think it was a terrible PreNup she never should've signed, sometimes they can be ironclad and it was in place all those years without her contesting it. The children opposed her petition in Nov. 2019 and she went missing in June 2020 after changing her Trust.
CANDLELIGHT PROPERTIES LLC, OWNERSHIP MEMBERS (3):
Clem Abrams
Crisara Abrams
Clinton Abrams

https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/pc-18-036_candlelight.pdf...
For those who are interested:
Clem's Candlelight Project
So much work appears to have gone into this over the years. I don't know when it will break ground.
I wonder what would happen if the family did have to give Dia $6.7 million from the total estate?

If it would effect this project much?
Maybe not if the monetary investment has already been made and they are just waiting (?).
(Otay Mesa) Candlelight Project No. 40329 | California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) | City of San Diego Official Website

The first link is a nice 'little' environmental impact report on the project.
Clem is listed on page 4 as "Clem Abrams -Applicant".
https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/40329_-_final_eir_candlelight_4-18-2018_.pdf
The project really is major:
https://www.spl.usace.army.mil/Portals/17/docs/publicnotices/SPL-2015-00294-MAL_Candlelight_PN.pdf?ver=2019-01-10-133223-077
Wouldn't it free up the $$$$? I got the impression that the probate/ estate isn't settled yet because she is disputing it. I thought permits weren't issued yet because of delinquent taxes? Even if permits are issued, there still may be people/ against it. I've heard of environmentalists etc protesting even during construction. My opinion only.
It looks to me like the defaulted taxes have been owed this whole time but I don't know why. Maybe there is some type of litigation related to those parcels for those years (speculation)? Is the family property rich but cash poor (speculation)? I really don't know.
1) Yes, I was guessing that it would ease minds if Dia was no longer able to obtain the $6.7 million for her Marital Trust.

2) I was also guessing that maybe if Dia was no longer around then someone might think her private properties would go to them for sale towards those taxes.
ALL JUST SPECULATION
- her disappearance may NOT have anything to do with the taxes at all. It's just something I noticed and wanted to follow up on.
Just bumping some info and discussion about the Candlelight Project.

KH asserts that Dia did not know about the illegal pot farm at her Sky High Ranch property, and that he was not managing that property/those renters for her (with or without her permission) when she disappeared.
You're right to still consider that angle. It wasn't that small of an operation. There's no telling who was involved and what plans they were making for more product.

KH says Dia didn't know about the illegal pot being grown on her rental property, but Isidro implied in his interview she maybe did know, and that KH took over managing those renters. (Or maybe Isidro meant she initially rented out the property not about the pot? What do you remember?) Isidro said KH re-rented out to the same people, by then he knew they grew, this was after Dia went missing. It's like everything else in this case, it's all hearsay and not confirmed facts. If KH is lying in his objections to the courts, then I hope witnesses can be called to dispute what lies either side are presenting.

More money would be required to run it: expensive water bills, astronomical electric bills, security guards/weapons, employee salaries/shares, and more. That harvest represented a lot of somebody's money and time. Who is/are/were the pot people?
Great post and questions. You'd think it'd be very noticeable that a great deal of resources like water and electricity were being used and that the renters had a pot grow operation going on. Sorry, I don't believe either Dia or KH didn't know. It was a dangerous situation, so of course it bugs you.

All this matters because it looks like someone harmed Dia and had a reason. I'm not sure these people would've not planned better so as not to have to sacrifice their crop in the investigation.

Great post and questions. You'd think it'd be very noticeable that a great deal of resources like water and electricity were being used and that the renters had a pot grow operation going on. Sorry, I don't believe either Dia or KH didn't know. It was a dangerous situation, so of course it bugs you.

All this matters because it looks like someone harmed Dia and had a reason. I'm not sure these people would've not planned better so as not to have to sacrifice their crop in the investigation.
Yeah, good point. I could argue it isn't good planning to have an illegal pot farm in the first place, but that's a given. I have suspected KH, at least, had his hand in the pot (op), but I admit I don't have evidence of that, and maybe he didn't. But somebody would have collected the rent, and paid those utility bills. Was this Dia, if it wasn't KH? Did she see something, or smell something, she shouldn't have, in the course of collecting rent from her tenants, and they disappeared her? IDK.

The Gerrish family and their dog were recently found deceased on a hiking trail in northern California. What killed them is unknown, but there are several good theories (heat, toxic algae, lightning strike). One theory is that they stumbled into an illegal pot grow, and were killed by pesticides or other chemicals used to grow marijuana. Someone on that thread (CA - Jonathan Gerrish, Ellen Chung, daughter, 1 & dog, suspicious death hiking area, Aug 2021 #3) posted a link to this article:

Los Angeles County authorities seize $1.19 billion in marijuana

Wednesday, July 7th 2021

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities said Wednesday that they seized $1.19 billion worth of illegal marijuana in the largest eradication effort in Los Angeles County history.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva held a news conference Wednesday to discuss details of an operation that seized 373,000 marijuana plants and 33,480 pounds of harvested pot with an estimated street value of nearly $1.2 billion...

Officials said Wednesday that the operation eradicated only a fraction of the illicit grows in the Southern California high desert that are run by armed cartel members and detrimental to the state’s legal marijuana market.

California broadly legalized recreational marijuana sales in January 2018, but the black market thrives.

Another poster, arise, said:

I have a friend who was a census worker in N CA and wrote about some of her experiences visiting what were pretty obviously grow operations. The basic safety advice was to follow the main roads and driveways, be obvious, and present the reason why they were there. In general it seemed like these people monitored their operations pretty closely and she would usually be met not long after getting onto the property.

<<<

I'm putting these here for reference only. Still looking for info about pot farms.

...Did she see something, or smell something, she shouldn't have, in the course of collecting rent from her tenants, and they disappeared her? IDK...
Everything you said makes sense. Gosh these grow operations get huge. They're an environmental hazard. I'm not sure Dia would want the fire hazard on her property. Example: Owners Of Marijuana Grow Sought After 295-Acre Fire Near Temecula | Temecula, CA Patch
Once it started up on her property, she'd be in a dangerous position to try to get them out.

I always thought it was strange for KH to share that just before he left to "go mow the pasture" that Dia had said she wanted to talk to him about something. It sounded important. He put her off to go mow. I can't imagine why he'd tell us that. At the time it sounded like she was going to cut him loose / break up with him, or maybe she was going to say that grow site had to go.

Can you do a google map of how close the grow site was to the ranch? Trying to imagine if it'd be easy to hike over there. Dia had a wedding venue business and Airbnb guests. What a liability a grow site would be every which way. If Cartel took an interest, no telling what they'd do. People possibly stumbling onto a grow operation is not cool. So, yes, the grow site is another possible angle to what happen to Dia.

This video will give us all an idea of what is going on. (I don't know if this video is allowed. Please remove if not.)

California's new gold rush in the desert: Marijuana?

Thanks, Curious Me! I'll watch it in the morning, too sleepy now.
Good night!

Was the Candlelight project put on hold BECAUSE of the outstanding taxes? Is it possible it was put on hold because of the pending court case Lydia had to dispute her premarital agreement. Legally, I wonder if the Candlelight project could even move forward until her pending case is resolved because of the links to the trusts, ownerships,etc.

My opinion only.
Absolutely COASTAL. The challenge by Ms. Abrams placed a hold on everything, especially the paying of the taxes and additional fees associated with the project. Clinton Abrams wanted the ranch properties to finance loans to off-set Candle Light. Asset rich, cash poor across the entire family, including Ms. Abrams...Follow the money and the truth will be told.

Sky High was personally rented out by Ms. Abrams in December 2020, to a couple who wanted to farm the land. I believe she eventually found out about the grow op via Mr. Garcia and was asking them to leave the property prior to her disappearance. Garcia most likely spent more time at the Sky High Ranch then anyone. KH did not manage Sky High like the other properties because there was no need due to the renter being self-sufficient...
Some of what you're sharing is new info. It would be greatly appreciated if you would provide a link to some of this newer information you're stating. It sounds like you may be an insider or involved somehow in this case, but it is required you provide a link if revealing new info or become a Verified Insider. I find what you're saying fascinating. Please don't be offended, but I'm used to and honor the TOS rules here.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters (websleuths.com)

Last edited:
Sky High was personally rented out by Ms. Abrams in December 2020, to a couple who wanted to farm the land. I believe she eventually found out about the grow op via Mr. Garcia and was asking them to leave the property prior to her disappearance. Garcia most likely spent more time at the Sky High Ranch then anyone. KH did not manage Sky High like the other properties because there was no need due to the renter being self-sufficient. On June 9th, the property was issued search warrants and 2300+ marijuana plants & processed 350+ lbs of weed were seized. Not a huge operation, but worth an easy $1.5- 2 million every 4/5 months...Could this be responsible for Ms. Abrams disappearance? Absolutely, considering no arrests were/have been made to-date? Again, follow the money. Where did the grower buy supplies, who were the farm hands? etc, etc...Vendetta murders are quite common with the Cartel, and they usually leave a revenge moniker, so this does not fit the label.

June 6, 2020, was a Saturday. Ms. Abrams was scheduled to a meeting in San Diego that afternoon? Was it cancelled? 2:00ish lunch with KH and by 2:30pm, he leaves till 7:30pm and she is doing what? A statement by KH reveals she wants to discuss something with him later? It could be a multitude of topics as Ms. Abrams life was more than complicated and events were ongoing every day.

The Cartel bust started on 8 July, 2021 from Antelope Valley to Anza high desert and was massive. Every property was searched, identified as legal or illegal. I have friends who managed legal Hemp farms in the area, and the raids were huge in scope/scale. But notice the date, 8 July 2021, 1-month after Ms. Abrams disappearance, so the connection to Ms. Abrams disappearance is quite remote.

No signs of trauma/violence in the main house, as stated by KH, personal items remain where Ms. Abrams usually placed such items when home. Only LE know what evidence was seized and/or documented to-date, and 15-months later the case has gone cold...
Wow, that's a lot to process! Thank you especially for the numbers associated with the June 9, 2020 bust at the Sky High property. I came up with a rough estimate between $2.5mil and $3.5mil for the confiscated plants alone, but I didn't factor in the "every 4/5 months" part. That detail changes the game into a different thing altogether, for me. Somebody lost a lot of potential money. (Can you lose potential money? IDK)
I am still trying to estimate the costs to the growers, but that info isn't as easy to find as estimated values are.)

I agree with Curious Me that we need links for things that you offer as facts. If you have knowledge not found in MSM (Main Stream Media), you can get around the requirement for links by getting yourself verified as an insider in this case. The owner of Websleuths will verify your identity, but you will remain anonymous to the rest of us. Once verified as a case insider, you can post your information without links to main stream media, and we will believe what you post, or not. It's a great way to get your information to the thread, and it sounds like you know things we need to know. Curious Me posted a link to the verification process upthread.

Verified Insider or not, WarmSandyBeach, we're glad you're here! Welcome to Websleuths!
142.gif

I don''t know if anyone posted a map to show the locations of Dia's property vs Sky high down the road. As I posted her before I have driven to Dia's gates on one occasion to see where the ranch was located. I went all the way to the Christian School up the road and only saw a couple of houses up there. Those houses were not far up the road and right near the Christian Camp. There is only one road going up but I will drive up in the next week or so and sniff that out. As I said before the entire situation of KH, Dia and pot growers coupled with financial problems and greed makes for a very sticky situation. So far I personally have heard nothing about the pot growers or any retaliation since the event went down. Hard to think that they made Dia dissapear as I thought it read they did not search and find the pot until they searched for the missing Dia. So unless she threatened them prior and they acted on it...she was missing before the bust. Would love to know all about that. KH could have told her to hide for a while so they could not find her and then fooled her into signing things over to him until it blew over. Then he and the growers both made her disappear. Just another story line to think over. They get to keep their pot and KH gets the ranch....but the police decided to search the sky high ranch anyway and it all imploded. You never know.....

So unless she threatened them prior and they acted on it...she was missing before the bust.
??? How do you ask nicely? I'd hate to be in that situation which is far from a quaint little bit of farming going on. Did you watch that video I posted above? JMO
...I believe she eventually found out about the grow op via Mr. Garcia and was asking them to leave the property prior to her disappearance...
See, we had never heard that Dia asked the grow site renters to leave. That's a big deal in itself. I hope you talked to LE. I hope LE is aware that Dia wanted those growers off the property then, and LE investigated further if they had anything to do with her being missing. JMO

Last edited:
Farming...LOL
What kind of farming, let me think about the climate, soil, terrain, hmm what would grow best there...
Labor intensive due to terrain...ratcheting up labor cost?
To be honest I should look at the terrain, hilly?...

MOD NOTE

Websleuths welcomes members to share info about this case here with these 3 requirements:
1. Info posted as fact MUST include the link to the MSM source of that info
2. Info you know to be true because you are close the case or circumstances does not need a link ONLY IF you have been approved as a
Verified Insider.
3. Opinion is welcome IF you state that it is IMO, MOO, etc., and that opinion is based in facts as published in the case.

Posts that fail to comply with the requirements will be removed. It is possible that they may be reinstated if Verified Insider status is bestowed.

THANK YOU for your continuing efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths Terms of Service we all agreed to when we joined.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Here's a thought....
MOO maybe Dia knew of the ops there for quite some time, then DF entered the picture and became aware of things making it a bit uncomfortable knowing the background of DF and the Wedding Airbnb becoming a legitimate income...

Im curious about the ex worker of abram (I.Garcia)....one of the 6 missing people(rosaria garcia) also has the same name and we dont know the relative she was suppose to meet with...his story is dramatic the neighbor had a gun wouldnt let knowbody inside and were was he friday she went missing

The worker said dia didnt know about the farms she never goes up there as if he did and knew she didnt

And as for zhe two missing but found girls i find it funny they are reported found 20 minutes apart all on a hearsay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member