Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #81 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morphew is expected to be in court at 1:30 p.m. MT

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

#BarryMorphew will be in a Chaffee County courtroom Friday to hear a ruling by Judge Patrick Murphew whether or not the case against him will be heading to trial or if he'll be let out of jail on bond. I will be giving updates here. #FindSuzanne

Judge expected to make critical decision in Barry Morphew case
A Chaffee County judge will make a decision on Friday whether or not a man accused of killing his wife will go to trial.
fox21news.com

10:02 PM · Sep 16, 2021

I don’t think the defense will get too far by claiming the DNA matched a sex offender. The male DNA found in Suzanne’s car is partial DNA. In addition to the sex offender, it could match you, me and thousands of other people. The State will likely have statistics to present.

I’m not so sure about the pool. I recall Barry’s employees mentioned the room reeking of bleach. Did LE admit in the Prelim that they initially identified the wrong room? I also recall a statement from a hotel employee that the pool was closed due to Covid when Barry was there. Would they be heavily chlorinating the pool if no one is swimming in it?

I agree that the tranq dart makes for some pretty good icing on the premeditation cake. Barry claimed to be shooting chipmunks during the time LE said he was moving around the house. If he’s admitted blowing away tiny chipmunks with bullets, I have a hard time believing he would tranquilize any animal. If he wanted to cut the rack off a deer or an elk, he’d shoot it, hunting season or not. Barry is not a rule follower.
The most important point to me is not the tranq dart...but Barry's admission that he had the gun in his hand as soon as he got home while Suzanne was there. Barry, Suzanne and the gun in his hand.....a not so nice rhyme.

Barry had his phone in his possession during the time LE tried to call him...because he made two calls during that 1 hour and 12 minutes between two calls from LE....one to MG and one to Suzanne's phone....not to Suzanne, since she could not possibly answer. Yet he made no attempt to respond to LE; even though his wife was missing and he knew LE had been contacted. Smell Test: Fail!

Hopefully the wait is just about over. (It's Friday afternoon in Australia. I had to wait to this morning to see the Alex Murdaugh appearance, and probably until tomorrow morning for this decision. The really excellent thing about being so out of whack time zone wise is there will be lots of excellent comments for me to enjoy, whatever the decision!)

The good thing about this afternoon session is that if we get up super early in Australia (5am in Adelaide) we will be able to follow along, right from the start. :)

Part 4

Monday 5/11/20

1:06 AM BM interviewed and he was free to leave thereafter. BM reportedly stated that “I want to help out any way I can”. BM told LE he and SM had a nice day together, had sex, and ate dinner. (1 plate found by LE).

1:21 am BM calls SM, no answer

ETU BM’s F350 was seized and searched

ETU SM’s RR was searched. Purse, wallet,camelback, and 2 bottle of hot tub chemicals were found inside vehicle.

ETU PP home sealed.

ETU search suspended until daylight

ETU Early am, search resumed, over 100 LE, SARS, Canine, Divers. Chaffee County FF’s not allowed to participate

ETU am SM has medical appt. re: cancer. She never showed up.

ETU am JL texts SM to wish her good luck at med appt. No response.

7:30 am BM calls MG crying. Tells her SM was abducted or a mountain lion got her. Then talks about Broomfield job.

ETU Search Warrant obtained

ETU 5\11\20 to 5/15/20 Puma Path house and grounds search.

ETU Concrete slab pour at Salida job site

ETU Evening. AM arrives in CO, meets with BM and friends to form search teams

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

ETU AM, BM on 2 different search teams. They may only search areas already searched by LE.

ETU MG, JP, AND CC return from Broomfield after receiving no tools or materials to complete the wall repair job.

ETU GD and TN approach MG and tell her if BM pays her for her time in Broomfield it will look like “hush hush” money. They remind her she has rights and she doesn’t have to turn her phone over to LE. MG tells GD and TN that she is cooperating with LE and has given them her phone.

8:00 pm BM is seen by an employee going through the trash outside the closed Poncha Market. When he is approached, he says he is looking for a bike helmet. A few minutes later he knocks on the door and explains that his wife is missing. Employees ask for a description and he writes on a piece of scrap paper: baby blue bike helmet and biking clothes. He gives no description of SM.

Thursday, May 14, 2020

SM’s helmet found approximately ½ mile west of the intersection of US50 and County Rd 225 by a search team.. It was on the EB side of US50 approximately 10 feet off the roadway.

Friday, May 15, 2020

US50 is closed between CR 225 and Monarch Pass to allow for a search by LE and SARS teams. No further evidence was found relating to SM’s disappearance.
OC....Outstanding yeoman's work on the timelines. Thank you for that.

Three broad questions I have:

What happened to the clothes Barry changed into and out of? Were they discarded, or did they find their way back home with him?

Why did BM call CC twice?....and did he connect? What did they talk about? (I suspect CC was figured into Barry's alibi...and am curious how he planned to use him.)

The concrete that was poured in Salida....how involved was Barry in that particular part of the job...and did the date and time of the pouring change; like the date to start the Broomfield job was changed?

I want to hear three things:

Case bound over to trial

Barry held without bond

AA released today

I will be especially annoyed if he’s home tomorrow night grilling his peanut butter. I think the odds are against that, but I see this judge as a bit of a wildcard.
Agree the judge is a wild card.

And defense attorneys used the ph for obfuscation and taking up the time in the courtroom.

But, BM had better be bound over for murder 1 or there will be at outcry from the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn