Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any Colorado missing persons cases on here from July/August? I actually started going back through the threads last night to see if any could match potential routes and MO but didn’t get all the way back before falling asleep!

My fiancé and I were talking about this case tonight and something about it really bothers me.

Gabby mimics the gesture that Brian did to her to “push her off of him”. In doing so, she holds her chin in one hand to mimic how he pushed her away.

I did this to my fiancé tonight as were acting out the difference between slapping somebody and holding their jaw / chin in your hand, the latter of which is a much more aggressive maneuver.

Holding his jaw/face in the exact way she depicted in the police video placed my hand just a little bit higher than his throat.

LE, IMO, should never have brushed this claim off. It’s obviously total speculation, but if he was comfortable with holding onto her face like that in a manner than can literally only be aggressive- because that is absolutely not what you would do if you were pushing somebody away from you- it’s not a far leap to a hand around her throat.

There seems to be a typo in this in which they have her last name in the " grabbed her face" sentence, but ....
"They said that the pair had some sort of argument. Laundrie tried to create distance by telling Petito to take a walk to calm down but she began slapping him. Petito grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van. He tried to lock her out but she opened the driver's door and forced her way over him and into the vehicle before it drove off."

READ IT: Police report from disturbance involving Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie

wow - wonder why this is? do they have the route BL took from wherever he started from (WY/UT) to Florida now?

There’s his route home to consider, as you say, but we also know so little about the vast bulk of their journey between when they left and when they arrived a couple of thousand miles away, way out west.

FIND GABBY: FBI Denver joins investigation into disappearance of Gabby Petito | FOX31 Denver

FBI Denver said it is working with the Teton County Sheriff’s Office, Jackson Police Department, the National Park Service, and other state and local law enforcement agencies across the country to search for Petito.

The FBI has set up a national hotline to receive tips: 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324). You can reach FBI Denver at 303-629-7171. Tips may also be submitted anonymously online.

He should get a burner phone and call the FBI annonymously

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=gabby petito

KSL 5 TV
@KSL5TV

Thanks to a tipster who gave a concrete description of #GabbyPetito's van, authorities have narrowed down their search efforts to the Jenny Lake area in Grand Teton National Park.

Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito

On The Dyrt app, Gabby Petito had marked potential camping sites
in Utah’s Skull Valley. Petito’s list in the app titled “craters to Teton” suggests she and Laundrie might have visited or planned to visit Craters of the Moon National Monument in southeastern Idaho after leaving Utah.

Items in that list show Petito and Laundrie might also have driven to Palisades Reservoir along the Snake River before entering into southwestern Wyoming en route to Grand Teton National Park.

Petito had eyed potential camping spots east of the park, in locations that would afford scenic views of the park’s iconic peaks.

Gabby Petito’s list on The Dyrt for “near Yellowstone” includes a location in between Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, in the John D. Rockefeller Memorial Parkway. The location sits in a meadow along Glade Creek a little over two miles southeast of Grassy Lake Reservoir.

Potential route from Aug.25 in Jenny Lake to Yellowstone, hopefully there will be sightings or possibly pictures from others, I still believe Aug. 26-27 are the days of focus, there was another post yesterday that pin pointed these dates as last known location to begin the circled area of S&R. The trail appears to hot in terms of where to begin.

Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park

Family members hope witness accounts like that of Shannon Baker, will help fill in the gaps.

“We drove through the Tetons and the only stop we made was at Jenny Lake,” Baker said.

Baker said it was 5 p.m. on Aug. 25, when she and her husband spotted Petito’s van in the Jenny Lake parking area.

I’ve been sitting on my hands and wanted to chime in. every scenario I can come up with has been discussed.

IMO the two cases are connected as those four people were in the same building on the same day. Wow. How can that even be possible? I’m in No Way saying involvement but Gabby and Brian are possible witnesses. They may have seen Creepy Guy and even discussed it.

Waiting for answers.

Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park

Family members hope witness accounts like that of Shannon Baker, will help fill in the gaps.

“We drove through the Tetons and the only stop we made was at Jenny Lake,” Baker said.

Baker said it was 5 p.m. on Aug. 25, when she and her husband spotted Petito’s van in the Jenny Lake parking area.

From the same article:
We’re also hearing there may be more witness sightings of Petito in the Jenny Lake area on Aug. 25.

A few thoughts I made note of while the thread was closed for review.
1- In an early thread I had mentioned that Gabby's parents must not have her on their plan because they could probably see her call & text history. When someone had said that they didn't think that was possible, I went digging. In our plan we have our adult children on our plan. If we log into our accounts we can see the phone numbers of all the people they have had calls and texts with- not the actual texts, but the numbers from and to. According to my husband, not all accounts are still like this, there are certain things that would set this up (if your plan was set up by an employer, etc). I am assuming that her parents either don't have this set up or do and aren't speaking to when her last text was or to who.
2- Seeing the comments from LE (especially the Utah article linked a few pages back) really makes me nervous. Reminders of the Kristin Smart investigation in the early days when LE came right out and said that wo Paul Flores speaking they have nothing - leading to 25 years of silence....I sure hope that LE is really careful in the words they use and message they send to BL and his family of how important his speaking to them is. YES we all know that it is - but if he thinks his word is all that is needed, that silence will keep him out of jail...yikes!
3- We are all talking about this trip to FL from 17th-23rd, do we know this was actually taken? I honestly haven't seen it mentioned anywhere and I would think this would be discussed at length by media. Do we have a link that I missed? I know that North Port, FL is close to the Allegiant airport in FortMyers/Punta Gorda and they do fly direct to SLC, UT. So I wouldn't doubt that he used their airline to get a cheaper flight. Just trying to think through this piece.
The trip to FL was in a handwritten timeline by Gabby's uncle and published in the daily mail - it's in the media thread
WY - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

I believe that the trip taken by BL from out west to FL in August (Prior to her going missing) was told by Gabby to one of her parents in a phone call else how would this information come about? We know BL isn't talking and his parents have ignored all attempts at contact by her family - also noted in the media thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey