Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I find interesting is the fact that Gabby was on the phone with her "parents" during the August 12th stop, but from all I have read here and in the media, I have not seen where her "parents" brought up this encounter prior to law enforment bringing it to our attention - does anyone else find this curious?

Iirc. The FBI told them not to talk about it.

My theory, which has changed since seeing the body cam is that they fought and she accidentally fell. The report says she is the "aggressor" however, I knew girls like that. They are all arms flaying and drama when they're upset. They "strike out" and "girl hit." You also have to take into consideration the age of these two. They are "babies." Their brains dont think properly and if you're panicked, you do not behave rationally. You do stupid things, like RUN. Especially if you have recently had a DV stop. No one is going to believe she just fell off a cliff. You cant say you pushed her. Even if you didn't push her and she accidentally fell. You call your parents and you drive home and your parents get you an attorney because you didn't mean to do it or it is a tragic accident. BUT what you dont do in either of these scenarios is send a fake text on 8/30. Which is also why I ask the question could the text have been from Gabby and sent earlier than 8/30 but only received by her mom on that day due to a signal delay?
I actually agree with her falling, which would explain his missing necklace as well. They got into a fight, some pushing and shoving may have ensued and she fell. I dont know if I believe that he was abusive physically but perhaps emotionally and verbally (which to me is 100 times worse. The fact that she said that he felt she couldnt do this blog stuff in the police cam video is abusive in itself. Idk, JMO

Please delete if not allowed - appears to be two possible air searches over Yellowstone and one over Grand Teton right now.

N7079F Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware
N274TH Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware
N475RC Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

ETA: one was over Grand Teton, I accidentally identified all three as over Yellowstone

The two near Yellowstone are actually out of the east entrance at Cody, Wyoming, and seem to be looking at an area east of Cody. That's not in a place we've seen BL and GP associated with. It's not surprising they'd fly out of that airport, but I'd expect them to head west into the park if it's associated with GP.

Off the top of my (not terribly good) search skills, I don't see any missing people in that part of Wyoming they could be looking for.

Puzzling.

If she was dead by other means, he would naturally come clean.

But if she left on her own free will, how can he say anything that does not make him look guilty?

She refused to let him go for a walk alone, then cuts him loose, that is going to look bad.

He drove off leaving his girlfriend alone in the wilderness?

Anything he says to the police will only be used against him. Nothing he says can help him. And if they separated by free will, it would be on him to prove it, and that is impossible.

Police know where the phones were used last, if he used the phone to fake a text on the 31st, he did it from florida. If he did it from florida, he would be arrested right now.

At last report, police were only seeking cell phone information and didn't yet have it. Getting it will be critical - but the process takes time.

That only makes sense if she is found alive. Most important is that she is found alive, not just found.
And - seemingly - without Laundrie's information, that is being choked. So, again, why wouldn't the Petito's want to have anything and everything possible done to remove the barricade? I dunno, maybe they have asked and been rebuffed by some authority.

My theory, which has changed since seeing the body cam is that they fought and she accidentally fell. The report says she is the "aggressor" however, I knew girls like that. They are all arms flaying and drama when they're upset. They "strike out" and "girl hit." You also have to take into consideration the age of these two. They are "babies." Their brains dont think properly and if you're panicked, you do not behave rationally. You do stupid things, like RUN. Especially if you have recently had a DV stop. No one is going to believe she just fell off a cliff. You cant say you pushed her. Even if you didn't push her and she accidentally fell. You call your parents and you drive home and your parents get you an attorney because you didn't mean to do it or it is a tragic accident. BUT what you dont do in either of these scenarios is send a fake text on 8/30. Which is also why I ask the question could the text have been from Gabby and sent earlier than 8/30 but only received by her mom on that day due to a signal delay?

I tend to think that in this case, you would still be forthcoming with information. This is the girl you loved and the family that you had grown to know and care about. I don't think you leave them in limbo while you plan a manslaughter, accidental death, or similar defense. Reluctance to talk is the key here. Why not speak out? Why would you not talk about the girl you love and acknowledge her parents requests? I also think the parents silence speaks volumes here. You only protect a child to this degree when something significant is at stake...perhaps his own life if convicted.

Wouldn't there be airport security footage if the van was driven to the airport in order for him to grab that flight to Florida? Or a video of its having been PARKED there?

There is likely a ton of evidence that LE are gathering/have gathered and has not been made available to the media or internet crime sites.

How in the heck can they make that request?

Something very odd is going on here.
Maybe because she told her parents something about the relationship that he did not tell his own parents, and they don't want his family, or anyone else, to be tipped off for fear that someone might start hiding evidence?

....BL says GP was punching him in the arm while he was driving. GP denies that and I believe her. I believe he was "piling on" once he realized HE wasn't the one in trouble. His demeanor, in my opinion, is extremely odd given the circumstances of the day. He's smiling (oddly) and at several points laughing and trying to be "chums" with the officers. It's beyond being polite or nervous. GP also is not "hysterical" the entire time. She seems pretty composed particularly under the circumstances. This looks like gaslighting to me.

It's very odd to me that GP did not call her parents. Even if she didn't want to tell them she was upset or what happened. They seem like a close family. She would want to hear a familiar and loving voice amidst the chaos of what she was living....

BL said that she grabbed the steering wheel; GP said she punched him in the arm. He left out the punches; she left out the steering wheel grab, though she eventually amends it to saying she touched the steering wheel. (She has a very limp-wristed punch if we go by her illustrators.) LE noted scratches on BL's upper right arm.

My understanding is that GP was talking to her mother while she was sitting in the police car. I don't know if that's what you're referring to.

I asked myself the same thing. However, if they did go forward with arresting her, maybe she would have had the chance to call one of her parents. Maybe they did not know about the altercation with the cops? Does anyone know or have proof that when she was actually in the back of the cop car she was texting one of her parents? I know we saw her state she was doing so in the body came footage but she could of been texting anybody. My point is, it may not have stopped anything by the cops arresting her but it very well could of made even just a small difference.
i just dont see how it would have made one difference, and the cop said at one point, ill let you get back to talking to your mother, i dont see a reason for her to lie about who she was on the phone with at the time.either way we can tell by watching the video that she didnt wanna be seperated from him even for the night so the next day they would have continued on just like they did IMO

Having a hard time getting up to speed on this case because the threads are moving so fast.

I had read that GP’s Mom had said she was unsure if the last texts she received were actually from Gabby, because she didn’t literally speak with her. Does she now say that she definitely feels they were not from her daughter? Thanks.

Yes, initially she said she wasn't sure they were from her at the beginning which caused concern, but has since come out and used more definitive language. Not sure if they were trying not to corner BL early on in hopes he would give more info or if she indeed changed her stance...Gabby Petito’s mother says final text sent from daughter was ‘fake’

I have a friend (couple) that is doing this and they are cruising around in a decked out $200K sprinter with no financial worries. He says it can still be a bit rough, at times.
It reminds me of people who live on their sailboats. You can have a $200k sailboat, but at the end of the day, you are still essentially camping (or glamping, as the case may be). It takes a lot of skill, ingenuity, and willingness to put in a lot of hours of work every single day to live that life style, even if wealthy (but short of being a multi-billionaire with a staff and a mega-yacht).

seems more likely to be a mapping pattern... or possibly some type of "drop" (like, say, a rabies drop, for example). The plane took a quick reconnaissance(?) of the area yesterday, and is doing the pattern today. But, who knows, could be a SAR.
Thanks, I knew you would have thoughts if around! I'm usually on the radar to track local LifeStar helicopters, not find SAR operations.

Some random unorganized thoughts...MOO

* It's a view into their dysfunction but I think we shouldn't read too much into the specifics of the he-said/she-said of the police encounter. Don't get lost in the trees. Focus on the forest. They had an openly and publicly volatile relationship to the point that complete strangers felt compelled to call 911 and involve the cops just days before she went missing. That's the main thing.

* I could be wrong, but I also think people are focusing too much on the Yosemite thing. It's a common mix-up. It doesn't mean the text couldn't have been sent by BL but the typo (if it exists) isn't an indication of anything in either direction.

* You have the right to remain silent. But the public and investigators have the right to question how someone could "hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful" (from his lawyer's first statement) while also refusing to even provide the time and/or date and/or location of their last interaction. Those are diametrically opposed. If you hoped for the search to be successful, you'd provide every piece of information possible.

* That six day visit home still bugs me. Was he actually in Florida? Was he plotting? Nobody spends $200 minimum on a flight and $500 for your girlfriend's hotel in Utah to clean out a storage unit instead of waiting the two months until your road trip ends. Hard to imagine the unit cost more than $700 for those two remaining months of their road trip. I assume (and hope) FBI/police have been putting together the timeline to the minute with cell data and CCTV. The police could be tapping his phone with a warrant.

* I still haven't seen anything that actually confirms BL is at his parents' house. That's where the media's camped out but we really don't know. The chief of police down there says they know where he is. Could they just be waiting for him to come out to arrest him to avoid any sort of confrontation? Hopefully he's not out of the country.

* They talk about "van life," which is generally used by people who live the lifestyle full-time. Were they planning on trying to make this a full-time arrangement or was the four month road trip going to be it? They spent some coin on the van and conversion (I assume) so it seems like a longer term investment.

You don't think the DV incident is important given the fact that BL ended up abandoning Gabby, God knows where, just like he was trying to do in Moab?

What would be the very biggest threat to these two and VanLife?

Pregnancy

There is no way the two of them and a baby could live in that little van. Now additional daily financial pressure for meds, diapers, clothing, supplies, etc. No Grammas around to help, support, coach, give the couple a break.

And her blogging time will be cut down and he might have to find a JOB!

Was this why LE had to suddenly interrupt the trip to fly to FL, leaving her in SLC?

NOTE: He LEFT her. Alone.

Did he freak out and call his parents asking advice? Would they have demanded he visit to talk things over in person, WITHOUT HER there.?

Would he have decided they had to split up permanently and that's why her possessssions had to be removed, so she had no reason to come back to live in their home, as they had done as a couple?

Or would they have just continued on a bit to Yellowstone, then cutting off the trip andplanning on returning back to FL, at which point she'd tell her parents?

I dunno.

Just musing about what turned this trip around so fast that he had to fly to FL for only 4 days, yet return to appear to finish parts of the trip.

Hi @oviedo. I posted this back on thread 3, maybe this would explain it? I believe the Arches hike was taken on the 9th, not the 12th.
I just noticed that on Gabby's instagram, the two posts she has from Arches/Delicate Arch were posted on the 12th of August. However, in both of the posts, she references the hike taking place on a Monday morning, 7am she says. The 12th wasn't a Monday, the 9th was. So, that would move the timeline posted here of when they were first in Arches, if that is correct.
Thank you - I saw that (stored it in my mind for the timeline) then promptly forgot where it was posted. I'm going to add it now @MysteryMama

and thanks to everyone who is contributing to her timeline...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021