MD MD - Upper Marlboro, WhtMale 15-20, UP4833, initials 'ELT' on jacket, Dec'73

Just a few quick points.

Shalom also means peace. I'm struggling to see how writing shalom on someone's jeans would be a way to mock them.

Crude has multiple meanings, and the meaning in this case seems to be rudimentary or unrefined (think "crude cave drawings" instead of "crude humor").

IMO drug abuse is implied in this case. Needle marks and pneumonia both point to it.

Speaking from my own personal experience, I had pneumonia for 6 months before I sought treatment, and at that point I was diagnosed with atelectasis (partially collapsed lung). I was relatively healthy, in college at the time, and I wasn't using any drugs. I can't imagine experiencing it while potentially homeless and abusing drugs. Pneumonia could absolutely kill someone under those circumstances.

That was more of my mistake, I got it as if it was more of a mocking way because it said "Crude" and since Shalom is something jewish people say often then I thought at the moment it was more of a mockery.

Oh God that sounds horrible, I hope you are okay now. Do you think those needle marks are drug related and not vaccine related? Because it said that the UID might have been on a hospital before, and usually they put vaccines on you or they put some needles so they can extract your blood for analysis.

If it were to be drug related I really can't imagine how much he suffered when he was sick with pneumonia.

Id love to know what the other words on his pants were.

Does the hospital he stayed in have records? He may have given them a false name and probably ran away from the hospital to get more drugs, despite having severe pneumonia. Pneumonia if untreated can easily kill you.

Do we know the name of the hospital he could have stayed at?

Yes it makes total sense that he ran for more drugs, he might have been very dependant and his mindset was probably "If I take these I will feel better", because he was so dependant to them.

Do we know the name of the hospital he could have stayed at?

Yes it makes total sense that he ran for more drugs, he might have been very dependant and his mindset was probably "If I take these I will feel better", because he was so dependant to them.

Possible institutions/hospitals are discussed up thread. Wonder what your thoughts are about it. I know....it's a lot of information, but if you have time and are up to it....

That was more of my mistake, I got it as if it was more of a mocking way because it said "Crude" and since Shalom is something jewish people say often then I thought at the moment it was more of a mockery.

Oh God that sounds horrible, I hope you are okay now. Do you think those needle marks are drug related and not vaccine related? Because it said that the UID might have been on a hospital before, and usually they put vaccines on you or they put some needles so they can extract your blood for analysis.

If it were to be drug related I really can't imagine how much he suffered when he was sick with pneumonia.
Hospitals don't usually perform vaccinations, and vaccinations are usually administered to the upper arm or thigh. Needle marks in the crook of the arm could be from drawing blood or possibly from an IV. I'm wondering if the detectives thought he may have been in a hospital because they saw the marks, but the marks were really from his drug use and he hadn't been to a hospital. I wish there were more details.

Hello again, I was kinda looking at NamUs in search for our UID and I have some boys that might lead us somewhere, these are totally based on appearence, feel free to consider them or not:

Seif Benkailly Mahssen, Missing from West Virginia:

NamUs
: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

(I know this is probably impossible but it's still worth a shot)

Seif was taken to Yemen by his father for a 2 week visit but never returned. Seif was born around 1957, making him either 16 or 17 on 1973, our UID was between 15 or 20, he has brown hair and brown eyes, our UID too, he more than likely has the "middle eastern" look like our UID, the off thing might be the "Shalom", although there are jewish people in Yemen, but it's debatable.

Seif might have returned to the US with his father unbeknownst to anyone and it could end up being our UID.

1379_10169.jpg 1567UMMD_LARGE.jpg

Daniel Barter, Missing from Alabama:

NamUs:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Charley Project: Daniel Barter – The Charley Project

Daniel went missing after he wondered away from his family's sight while on a camping trip. His case is being investigated as an abduction since there was no evidence of an animal attack.

Daniel would have been 19 on 1973, our UID is between 15-20 years of age. Daniel has brown hair and brown eyes and I would say he looks a lot like our UID, even with the age progression he has. Off things are the scars Daniel had, on his fingers and on the tongue, it would have been more likely been mentioned when doing an autopsy report, and the "Shalom" thing, Daniel is probably not jewish.

2688_20345.jpg 1567UMMD_LARGE.jpg 2688_232673.jpg

This is just what I think, I am probably very far off.

Hospitals don't usually perform vaccinations, and vaccinations are usually administered to the upper arm or thigh. Needle marks in the crook of the arm could be from drawing blood or possibly from an IV. I'm wondering if the detectives thought he may have been in a hospital because they saw the marks, but the marks were really from his drug use and he hadn't been to a hospital. I wish there were more details.

Yes me too. I wonder if they can identify what type of drugs he was into, by the needles I suspect heroin or something along those lines. Although I wonder if they saw him be a bit "Malnourished" or "Messy looking".

Possible institutions/hospitals are discussed up thread. Wonder what your thoughts are about it. I know....it's a lot of information, but if you have time and are up to it....

I will look at them , thanks!

Reading back, I think the "track marks" info was speculation by one of us. I don't think it's on the official info. I'm not sure why they thought he was hospitalized.

I'm still thinking of this young man and wonder who he is....what his story is. Really hope we will know his name one day.

Bumping.

Personally, I am always cautious with racial classifications when a person has slightly tan skin. I see that according to NamUs, this young man is white, but I'm wondering how certain that actually is. There have been multiple instances of LE saying that someone is one race only to find out later that they were something else, so I'm wondering if this young man may be mixed race or maybe not "white" at all.

Regardless, I would love if Othram would take this case. I'd be more than happy to contribute for the fundraising for it that they do on DNASolves, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back