Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say No

I don't think the couple had the money for an airline ticket. At that point she was buying ramen noodles and a piece of fruit at the 7-11 store. The cheapest OW ticket might have been ~$65 then but the RT was ~$270.

Most likely his parents paid for that.

I don't see him asking her parents for the funds

I don't think that was them, at the convenience store. The "sighting" was when he was in Florida, not Utah.

Can someone direct me to the source of his allegedly belittling or stopping her from finishing her blog project that same day of the altercation? I don't need a link, just would like to know where to look it up. If it did occur.

In case some don't know there is at least one other missing hiker/person somewhere in Grand Teton National Park. I am not sure we can assume that choppers are in fact related to GP. Isn't it possible that that S&R may find another missing person while looking for GP.
JMO

Do we know if the Florida trip was planned in advance, or spontaneous?

Do we know if he flew into Sarasota - or Tampa - or…? Do we know if someone picked him up at the airport?

A trip like that wouldn’t be cheap - add the hotel bill for her and it adds up to some serious $$.

Looking at ticket prices, it could have been less expensive to secure the van in Utah and BOTH travel back to Florida.

So - did she stay because she didn’t want to leave the van? Or because she wasn’t invited to make the trip? Or because they needed some time apart? Or because something else happened?

And do we know where they were and what they were doing between august 12th in Moab, and the time they arrived in SLC?

Timing of this - and the murder of the 2 women - is soooooo strange…

I just find it really odd that when questioned on the 12th, they both said they did not have money for a hotel and that is why the police made arrangements for Brian. And then 5 days later she is in a hotel and he is on a plane??

In case some don't know there is at least one other missing hiker/person somewhere in Grand Teton National Park. I am not sure we can assume that choppers are in fact related to GP. Isn't it possible that that S&R may find another missing person while looking for GP.
JMO
I agree, that happened a few days ago in the Grand Canyon search....found a man's body that had been missing since 2015

My theory, which has changed since seeing the body cam is that they fought and she accidentally fell. The report says she is the "aggressor" however, I knew girls like that. They are all arms flaying and drama when they're upset. They "strike out" and "girl hit." You also have to take into consideration the age of these two. They are "babies." Their brains dont think properly and if you're panicked, you do not behave rationally. You do stupid things, like RUN. Especially if you have recently had a DV stop. No one is going to believe she just fell off a cliff. You cant say you pushed her. Even if you didn't push her and she accidentally fell. You call your parents and you drive home and your parents get you an attorney because you didn't mean to do it or it is a tragic accident. BUT what you dont do in either of these scenarios is send a fake text on 8/30. Which is also why I ask the question could the text have been from Gabby and sent earlier than 8/30 but only received by her mom on that day due to a signal delay?

Now this is very plausible. If it was not intentional……this is the best unintentional theory I’ve heard so far. Very well thought out/written @halfpintny

The female officer with Gabby told the other officer she was on the phone with her parents!
I never saw the female officer near the squad car where Gabby was sitting in the back seat. Maybe I missed it.

Can someone direct me to the source of his allegedly belittling or stopping her from finishing her blog project that same day of the altercation? I don't need a link, just would like to know where to look it up. If it did occur.
Its within the first few minutes of the cop cam, after they move her back towards
the police vehicle

There’d be no surprise that he drove home solo—but what if her phone sent that last text right where he was on his solo drive home?

MOO
My guess the nearest cell would be in the outer salt lake area. Recaling my car trip from Teatons to Salt Lake most of the trip was open pastures with free roaming cows in the dirt roads and nothing but nothing around. Was like driving through cow pastures.

Well, quite a case we've got here. I thought a lot about it over the past few days, chewing on various theories, some very outlandish. This is the best I can come up with:

1) Gabby and Brian have yet another fight, with G daring B to ride away (she was afraid he would back in Moab?)

2) Brian called her bluff and took off in the van.

3) After a couple of hours regret and worry set in. He tries to call Gabi, but she went off the grid <modsnip - no link>

4) After possibly an entire day spent trying to reach/find her, he gives up and drives home

5) Gabi met her demise either by accident (e.g. falling down a ravine) or at the hands of a complete stranger

Now, I have absolutely no clue what could possibly justify the total radio silence from the Laundrie family.

Hi all, my first contribution to this thread, but I've only really learned about this story in the past day or two (I'm over in the UK), but this really is a strange one, I have to say.

However, the scenario that you describe playing out here, @Dutcher, is what had run through my mind also.

I think that BL is perhaps culpable for GP's demise, but indirectly. He may not have killed her, but who's to say that his actions didn't ultimately lead to her being killed, or her death (by way of an accident).

I suppose it's a similar principle to neglect: a child could die as a result of being neglected or denied the appropriate level of care, shelter, clothing, nutrition etc, but the perpetrator didn't physically kill them, rather their actions (or in some cases inaction) lead to that child's death. There is absolutely culpability there, but maybe the intention to cause death is not there.

Perhaps his silence is because he knows he has no alibi and no real defense and obviously will be seen as the prime suspect? Perhaps he drove off and left her in a fit of rage and then when he returned she was gone and he is consumed by guilt? Perhaps none of this, and he's simply playing the long game knowing that with each day that passes, evidence that could be used forensically to build a case against him, diminishes.

All hypotheticals and MOO.

You're missing the point, that was the statement of the witness that made the 911 call prior
to the police report. The cops weren't witness to that part of the interaction.

The witness’s (Chris) statement is included at the bottom of the police report stating he wasn’t exactly sure what he saw.

Abusers don't show their abuse to everyone. In fact, to others it's often a carefully crafted image put on so people get the exact perception that you have gotten of BL. You have to look below the surface and often what they are focused on gives you immediate clues.

The fact that he DIDN'T come out of the van cussing a streak is because what he said happened (If I'd been hit in the face with a cell phone, had my arm punched while I was driving and the steering wheel grabbed causing me to hit the curb,) - Didn't happen.
Your reaction is a MUCH more normal reaction had that been what happened.

BL calmly focusing on her not liking the flies or sand and dirt is absurd. It's not a proportionate reaction to what he is reporting that she did to him. It immediately places him in the victims spot and her in the "unreasonable" role. It's careful crafting of a narrative that makes them come out looking like the good guy and her the crazy one.

It did happen. She said that she was hitting his arm while he was driving. (BL didn't mention the punching, btw.) Eventually she admitted to giving the tiniest little swipe to the steering wheel. The police noted scratches on his upper right arm. I think I saw a bruise on his bicep.

Did she mention the dirt? Can't quite remember. She claimed to have OCD. I don't know if she has an actual diagnosis or if she's using the term casually.

Of course, the cops didn't see the initial event - but there was a witness that did. And the account he gave to the police matched what Gabby told the police. She slapped him repeatedly. He held her back by putting his hand in front of her face. He suggested that they both take a walk to cool down. She followed him. He got into the van to get away from her. She dove in through the driver's side door and crawled over him to get to the passenger seat. At one point, she started hitting him with her phone. She said it was all because of her anxiety that he was going to leave her there - and I believe her.

I thought cops normally took statements from All Witnesses. Where is the female's statement? I understand Christopher was the one to call 911, but I feel her statement might help. Possibly her seeing the argument prior to him.. her concern for GP must mean, at the very least, she saw or interpreted the argument differently. Idk. That's bothered me since the cams came out. We don't have a complete picture of events leading up to them being pulled over.
On the theory that he was abusive, I am not saying he was or was not.
Then you'd have physical, emotional abuse or both, causing one to feel beaten down, very low self-worth, as well as them taking blame for anything and everything. Alot of times the automaticly believe it is their fault. That somehow their words or actions caused all of the couple's problems. With those thoughts in mind.. to me, GP was extremely upset in the cam footage, she took all the blame; while BL wanted to know what she had said to the cops. In those moments she seemed upset and scared. I would be if someone was trying to leave in my van, leaving me stranded in an unknown area. At that point, I believe he still had her cell as well.
Or could she be concerned that not taking all the blame would result in horrible consequences later?
Just some thoughts.. I wish there was the female's police report to see what if any discrepancies there would be. If anyone knows her report is out there, please msg me a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson