Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for replying but can you please elaborate on previous road trip?

I thought it was on this current road trip. The published this video on Aug 19th after the police encounter on Aug 12th.

How correct is this time line on Gabby Petito Search: Timeline Of Road Trip With Fiance Brian Laundrie, Notable Dates And Events

There are many California pictures included in the video and it has been established they made a cross country trip previously in a sedan.

JMO but could have been the real reason for the fight....they weren't doing what he wanted to do.... he wanted to be hiking

I just looked at Jenny Lake and Teton Park rd on google says it is closed in November thru March. Dang hope they find her soon.
At the beginning of the stop, I feel like she mislabeled her emotions and accepted more than her share of responsibility for their conflicts, as many women, especially young women, do.

She said she was OCD because she liked things to be tidy and organized and that she was mean about it when he wanted her to stop (or had a "bad vibe"). That is a TOTALLY NORMAL, if sort of unhealthy, couple dynamic. The "bad vibe" is feeling irritated and resentful and not wanting to say anything for the sake of peace. Totally normal stuff.

My God, If I had a penny for every single time I've had this discussion with friends about wanting some semblance of order in the house and having an uncooperative partner who won't agree on ground rules about where things are put away, or what level of cleanliness or disorder is OK, I would be a very very very rich woman by now. In our conversations, my friends and I go around and around and around about whether we "should feel that way," whether it's "fair" to feel that way, and blah blah blah, but when it comes down to it, we have partners who do not care about things being organized and we DO care. And so we relent to keep the peace because we don't want to have a forever-argument, but we feel resentful and let off "bad vibes" when we see dishes in the sink for the bazillionth time. And I'm sure our partners also believe that we are nags and never let them relax and are "OCD about certain things." Just normal couples BS that 99% of couples experience. Women are socialized to try to please and blame themselves when they feel resentful.

What I see when she says she's "OCD" is not someone with a mental health issue, but a girl who doesn't want sand in her friggin tent because it makes the tent uncomfortable and icky, and a guy who doesn't care that there's sand in the tent. Instead of chalking it up to different priorities and something they will both just need to learn to live with, she's been labeled by both of them as the one with the problem who has "OCD" and "has a bad vibe." I see a girl who wants her boyfriend to pull the hell over when he's driving triple the speed limit and a cop is behind them and who is scared because now the police are involved and the day was already bad enough. I do not see irrational hysteria.

thank you for replying but can you please elaborate on previous road trip?

I thought it was on this current road trip. The published this video on Aug 19th after the police encounter on Aug 12th.

How correct is this time line on Gabby Petito Search: Timeline Of Road Trip With Fiance Brian Laundrie, Notable Dates And Events
It's mentioned in the bodycam footage and has been brought up here multiple times, I will try to find a reference, but they took a cross country road trip a year or two before in GP's Nissan Sentra.

Didn’t the order happen when he had flown back to Florida for several days? If it did, she might not have had credit cards of her own and I doubt he would have left one with her.

jmo

The order was before GP’s parents think/were told he went back from FL, on the 23rd, but there is a potential sighting of GP & BL together in a bar on the 21st, the day after the Uber Eats order.

We don’t even know for certain that he did go back to Florida at this stage either.

Can someone direct me to the source of his allegedly belittling or stopping her from finishing her blog project that same day of the altercation? I don't need a link, just would like to know where to look it up. If it did occur.
@NuttMegg - it was in the police body canm video - early on - initially when gabby is in th eback of the police car IIRC

In a situation such as that, the officers are going to keep them apart and not allow them near each other. They want to talk to each person separately to try and determine what happened and who was the aggressor and who wasn't.
At this point in investigating, what happened on Aug 12 can be kept in mind but put aside. They happened to be seen in an argument which was volatile. But they were still together on Aug 25th. They probably had squabbles every day and that's probably part of their relationship. They were likely exacerbated by the close quarters and other discomforts of traveling. That doesn't make either one of them certified mentally ill specimens. Clearly, something happened to Gabby, even in the unlikely case that she left on her own volition. BL knows when the last time he saw her was and where they were. The fact that he will not reveal that tells me that he feels responsible for her disappearance and fate. If she had just left him, he likely would have looked for her and reported her missing to local police and their respective families.......instead, he just took the van and drove home. He is not talking because he knows exactly what happened to her, and if he is lucky, she will never be found . I'm not sure that arresting him would force him to talk......it may be better to let some time pass and pay attention to sm chatter. I believe she is deceased. And not by suicide, or he would have been forthcoming with that information. JMO

A question that has been flipping around in my head … when he flew to Florida to move her things, why would he return, why not just stay there? Why go back at all? (Just my own opinion and speculation)

The female officer with Gabby told the other officer she was on the phone with her parents!

To be factual which is important this is a Park Ranger NOT police.

I don't think that was them, at the convenience store. The "sighting" was when he was in Florida, not Utah.

We have no confirmation he was ever in FL just that NS was told that.

The witness’s (Chris) statement is included at the bottom of the police report stating he wasn’t exactly sure what he saw.

Yes and other witnesses apparently left.

where did you get that?

It was in one of his media interviews Fox 13 perhaps? There are too many at this point.

Gabby Petito’s father responds to comment from Brian Laundrie’s sister | WFLA

“Obviously, me and my family want Gabby to be found safe,” Cassie Laundrie, Brian Laundrie’s sister, told ABC’s “Good Morning America” in a clip. “She’s like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and found and this to be just a big misunderstanding.”

Gabby’s father Joe Petito told NewsNation’s Ashleigh Banfield that the remarks “made a lot of sense.”

“If that’s that family’s version of love, to just ignore and not care that someone’s gone,” Joe Petito said, “and people are looking for them and entire countries looking for them, I mean, that explains how we got to where we are today. Because I mean, look at their version of what they call love.”

JMO of course. If there had been an altercation between them, a tragic accident or indeed (God forbid) an argument which led GP to do something to herself in desperation (not victim blaming, just considering all options) such as taking a fall in a ravine...
Due to the previous report and subsequent bodycam footage, could BL have assumed the blame would automatically be placed on him?
Therefore, informing his parents and obtaining a lawyer to pursue his innocence?
I'm not saying this is right, morally or legally, of course.
Forgive me if I have missed a lot. I'm trying to catch up in Europe o_O

My theory, which has changed since seeing the body cam is that they fought and she accidentally fell. The report says she is the "aggressor" however, I knew girls like that. They are all arms flaying and drama when they're upset. They "strike out" and "girl hit." You also have to take into consideration the age of these two. They are "babies." Their brains dont think properly and if you're panicked, you do not behave rationally. You do stupid things, like RUN. Especially if you have recently had a DV stop. No one is going to believe she just fell off a cliff. You cant say you pushed her. Even if you didn't push her and she accidentally fell. You call your parents and you drive home and your parents get you an attorney because you didn't mean to do it or it is a tragic accident. BUT what you dont do in either of these scenarios is send a fake text on 8/30. Which is also why I ask the question could the text have been from Gabby and sent earlier than 8/30 but only received by her mom on that day due to a signal delay?

Of course people would believe she fell! Even if he pushed her and it was accidental death, he goes to authorities crying and panicked and helps to recover her or get her to a damn hospital.

He covered his tracks because she has hand prints around her neck, and he sent that text to buy precious time. I also think he was acting on the advice of Mommy and Daddy. Now authorities may never know cause of death. JMO

IM FINALLY CAUGHT UP! Logging back in after the Jason Landry case seemingly went cold...

Wow... what a crazy case this is.

The one takeaway I have, is how incredibly sad it is that an excursion that should be freeing mentally, to quit the "corporate" world, was still riddled with pressure and the need to do all of this "performative" stuff for the cameras in order to "earn" income or become some type of influencer. What a sad world we live in. Nothing can be enjoyed for the pure sake of joy. Any and everything we do must be monetized. I'm not saying its right or wrong... its just sad.

These 2 people were out of their element in a huge way, IMO. Especially after seeing the video of them released by moab police. 2 extremely young adults engulfed by the desire to "be cool and different" (never mind you there is nothing unique about what they were doing) out finding themselves in some of the harshest terrain in the US... a recipe for disaster.

I have a friend (an incredibly handy and resourceful friend) right now whose doing the sprinter van journey in the west (who was actually in moab around the same time as BL and GP) - and its not for the faint of heart. I met up with him in colorado in august and he was only a couple of weeks into his journey and this is not an easy life. Dirty, sleeping in uncomfortable temps, water sources must be well thought out, etc. I can't imagine trying to edit videos and upload and blog all while moving around the west in some of the worst connectivity places in the USA. The pressure she was putting on herself had to have been immense. I am not excusing any reaction from BL, but i can see how this was potentially taking its toll on him.

Praying for her safe return. Nobody deserves this. She seemed like an incredibly sweet person. I can only begin to imagine what actually happened out there. I have some theories but i am going to wait for more information to come out as this could go 1 of about 100 different directions right now.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Well he's gonna miss the van, that's for sure. Have to get his parents to buy him some wheels instead of depending on his girlfriend. With the going rate of lawyers to create a screen for them, a new vehicle would be peanuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
SEP 16, 2021
Gabby Petito's father responds to comment from Brian Laundrie's sister (newsnationnow.com)
[...]

“Obviously, me and my family want Gabby to be found safe,” Cassie Laundrie, Brian Laundrie’s sister, told ABC’s “Good Morning America” in a clip. “She’s like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and found and this to be just a big misunderstanding.”

Gabby’s father Joe Petito tells NewsNation’s Ashleigh Banfield that the remarks “made a lot of sense.”

“If that’s that family’s version of love, to just ignore and not care that someone’s gone,” Joe Petito said, “and people are looking for them and entire countries looking for them, I mean, that explains how we got to where we are today. Because I mean, look at their version of what they call love.”

[...]

This reminds me a tiny bit of the Neil Entwhistle case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam