Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember he got home on the first of the month and looks like they hired a lawyer before the police came around. They also could have flown him out of the country immediately and left his cell phone in the house, hence "they know where he is." Has anyone laid eyes on him?

On another note, has anything been said about how they were financing their trip? They would need a lot of money for gas, food etc.

I thought that the physical item that he provided to police was likely his passport, but everyone seems to think it was the van key.
This family doesn't strike me as the 'leave the country' type, but maybe. IMO.

I confess to struggling to decide whether he's an abuser or a fairly quiet young man, who is nowhere near as chatty and able to chat to strangers as Gabby and who wanted to travel as an escape from the ultra fast, commercial, climate destroying world, basically to live off grid.

When he finally realised that his fiancée had entirely the opposite planned and instead of never seeing a living soul, she needed wi fi and perfect photo opportunities and to become a travel blogging influencer which is the absolute antithesis of what he wanted.

Both were tired, out in the sun way too much and they'd spent 6 hours in a coffee shop just before that argument. He was like a caged lion and starting to unravel. He needed space, which at home would have been fine, but in the middle of nowhere, Gabby was petrified of being left, so she clung onto him even tighter.

Gabby seems so, so young and I don't think he's experienced much of life either. Neither knew how to deal with everything and both would have suddenly felt so exposed and out of their depth.

I'm not excusing what happened consequently. I'm not taking this to that point. I'm stopping at the argument. He could be a monster, or he could have been worn out, stressed and just struggling to cope. Basically he stopped being the strong one and that scared both of them.
I’ve only been able to skip around and read here as it moves so fast. But thank you for making that point, that G was spending much of the time doing on the vlog. It seems she was quite obsessed with it, and her statement that she is OCD. Not trying to victim blame, just that it very well may have been a significant source of contention between them. Perhaps they hadn’t realized how different their goals were for this excursion.

And I agree on your other points as well.... they are both young and obviously very stressed, and unprepared to deal with the situation, their different expectations and their emotions.

Here's what I want to see nailed down. Between both Yellowstone and Yosemite, who was supposed to be where and when, and who was there and when?

"Yosemite" appears to have been a mistake: a typo (autocorrect) or a deliberate attempt to mislead GP's mother as to where she was (to hide her absence).

There appears to have been an agreement between GP and a friend to meet in Yellowstone (not Yosemite) for the friend's birthday on the 29th. The details appear not to have been worked out, and GP dropped out of sight.

I dont quite understand the hotel period in Salt Lake City.... it wasn't camping and where did the money come from when they didnt have hotel money earlier... did their fight continue and parents intervened? JMO

Police just gave update on Gabby Petito investigation.
“Certainly there has been progress made over the last 24 hours. I don’t know that we are at the point that we have it solved."
Note: First comment refers to people saying they're going to protest at Brian Laundrie’s house.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1438924175914188800?s=21

Websleuthers,
Defense will most likely say she was unstable and they had an argument, she broke up and walked out in the middle of the night. He just gave up and went to sleep. Never knew anything was wrong until cops came asking.

Right now nothing is saying that's not true. With news reports of suspicious local crimes at that time. The other side of me says who just let's someone go like that regardless, then I'm reminded of my youth. I'm mixed on this because there is no normal reaction. And I do remember in my young marriage storming out late at night.
Hello, I do understand where you’re coming from with them being young people blaming him when it’s innocent until proven guilty, what I don’t understand is why? even if they did have an argument, why not let her parents know first she got lost or that he might of or didn’t hurt her. As I read on a post on the last thread, if you even had some kind of love connection or even cared for your ex spouse, the humanly thing to do is try to look for them. In this case, BL freaked out and left to Florida and didn’t say anything about his spouse or ex spouse whereabouts. It just doesn’t make sense when GP even lived with his family for 2 years. How is the family is defending him after they maybe know what happened to her? IMO I feel like she’s gone at this point. I don’t want to be pessimistic but this is exactly what Lori Vallow did with her children. She stayed silent and lawyered up and never spoke up.

I dont quite understand the hotel period in Salt Lake City.... it wasn't camping and where did the money come from when they didnt have hotel money earlier... did their fight continue and parents intervened? JMO
And if it wasn't camping, why not camping? I mean you have that van and all ....

I think most of us assume he would have spoken up if this was the case. It seems unlikely this was the case given his refusal to assist.
I think most of us assume he would have spoken up if this was the case. It seems unlikely this was the case given his refusal to assist.

So you think that the only reason he would lawyer up is if he "knew" she was dead?

It occurs to me, since she is missing in a potentially life threatening situation, this may give the FBI all kinds of access to info from the poi and his family that otherwise, they might need to have more solid probable cause arguments to obtain.

Eg, banking activity, logs of phone calls, even warrants to seize phones.

Another point: whatever happened, it likely took some time for BL to decide what to do, especially if it involved disposing of a body.

It's not so easy, when you're in a strange place, to know which are hidden areas and which are places people regularly go.

It seems like usually, whether the remaining partner is guilty or innocent that they speak up. The innocent ones are often desperate, while the guilty ones are trying to convince you of their innocence.

But this -- this is way different. It's like there's something going on other than we think.
Not spouse related, but Lori Vallow stayed quiet the whole time, even until they found her childrens bodies.

Here's what I want to see nailed down. Between both Yellowstone and Yosemite, who was supposed to be where and when, and who was there and when?

"Yosemite" appears to have been a mistake: a typo (autocorrect) or a deliberate attempt to mislead GP's mother as to where she was (to hide her absence).

There appears to have been an agreement between GP and a friend to meet in Yellowstone (not Yosemite) for the friend's birthday on the 29th. The details appear not to have been worked out, and GP dropped out of sight.
I thought that the physical item that he provided to police was likely his passport, but everyone seems to think it was the van key.
This family doesn't strike me as the 'leave the country' type, but maybe. IMO.

There is evidence ? The police say she ALSO has marks in the body cam video. People here have posted photos of those marks. GP demonstrates how he grabbed and shoved her face. He admitted to pushing her (which yes, it abuse). He admits to hanging her backpack on the back of the van and telling her to go for a walk while keeping her keys and getting into the driver side of the vehicle (which is threatened abandonment - also a form of abuse)

You need to watch the body cam video.

Where in the police video do they say she has marks? I didn't see that. But I DID read in the police report that NOBODY reported that "the male struck the female."

Exactly, LE needs to follow the money trail............were they making withdrawals from some bank account or was the money just "appearing". as they continued on their trip. IMO

JMO of course. If there had been an altercation between them, a tragic accident or indeed (God forbid) an argument which led GP to do something to herself in desperation (not victim blaming, just considering all options) such as taking a fall in a ravine...
Due to the previous report and subsequent bodycam footage, could BL have assumed the blame would automatically be placed on him?
Therefore, informing his parents and obtaining a lawyer to pursue his innocence?
I'm not saying this is right, morally or legally, of course.
Forgive me if I have missed a lot. I'm trying to catch up in Europe o_O

He came out of the previous police encounter smelling like roses, so to speak. Patted on the back, metaphorically, considered the victim....

I’d think that it should have given him courage to face future police encounters.

All this MOO

Remember he got home on the first of the month and looks like they hired a lawyer before the police came around. They also could have flown him out of the country immediately and left his cell phone in the house, hence "they know where he is." Has anyone laid eyes on him?

On another note, has anything been said about how they were financing their trip? They would need a lot of money for gas, food etc.

If his family flew him out of the country then they might as well all leave the country.

At that point the family would be perceived as hunted fugitives.

It occurs to me, since she is missing in a potentially life threatening situation, this may give the FBI all kinds of access to info from the poi and his family that otherwise, they might need to have more solid probable cause arguments to obtain.

Eg, banking activity, logs of phone calls, even warrants to seize phones.

Another point: whatever happened, it likely took some time for BL to decide what to do, especially if it involved disposing of a body.

It's not so easy, when you're in a strange place, to know which are hidden areas and which are places people regularly go.
From the 11th to today I think LE has gathered quite a lot of information - maybe not enough for an arrest but I think they have a good idea of what may have happened IMO. I wonder if next her parents will stop giving interviews? If they do, I think that's a very bad sign about what happened to GP.
JMO

Police just gave update on Gabby Petito investigation.
“Certainly there has been progress made over the last 24 hours. I don’t know that we are at the point that we have it solved."
Note: First comment refers to people saying they're going to protest at Brian Laundrie’s house.
I'm kinda knocked over by the statement that "I don't know that we are at the point that we have it solved". Which implies to me that they are close. How strange coming from someone who always has to tailor words for the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam