Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be solved very quickly if they were in GTNP or YNP. So many people there. So many cameras. So much social media. These two people don't strike me as resourceful outdoors people. They were not backpacking. They can only go where their van takes them. Which is not an overlanding vehicle. Options are limited. Just a matter of time IMO. BL must be very nervous.

Two young people loaded themselves into a van like spam in a can and took off on an adventure. Somewhere along the way, they got into an argument. Someone reported that argument. The police intervened. The young people went on their way. Some days later, he returned home without her, didn't call 911, family didn't call 911, entire family lawyered up and are now hiding out.
That's the backbone of this incident.

At this moment, an army of police are working the case, plowing through thousands of phone calls, email messages, so called "leads", and following standard police investigation protocols. All the dissection of these 2 unknown to us people is speculation until the police establish solid, provable facts.

That investigative army is arrayed against the assumed shelter one lawyer has afforded a terrified young man and his family. There's a terrified family with a missing daughter. Between all of them, there's an avalanche of the unknown.

Patience is the key here. Its going to take a long time to to investigate a case that encompasses thousands of miles and myriads of unfortunate possibilities.

Walking barefoot is a trendy thing called "grounding" or "earthing".

Why Going Barefoot Can Be Good For Your Health: Meet "Earthing"

"The Earth's surface is negatively charged with free electrons—meaning that the Earth has an abundance of free (negatively charged) electrons that travel and rapidly reduce positive charge," Ober tells mbg. "Example: When standing barefoot on the earth, the body absorbs these free electrons and equalizes to the earth's negative charge."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe like aligning your bed north south not east west.

Where did she see them Aug 25?

Saw you tagged me last thread, @PommyMommy . By the time I replied, thread had closed! THIS IS MOVING SO FAST!

Haven’t updated timeline because the story is so frantically exposed EVERYWHERE, that even major MSM outlets are failing to fact check, imo. For example, the last date seen, found date & TOD for the Moab couple is critically different with different sources. Which is so important when LE is saying that the 2 cases are not ruled unrelated. Just saw a NEW headline that said Gabby’s missing 6 days (whaaa?) assuming because the missing persons report was filed Sept 11. So many other examples I could list.

VERY FRUSTRATING. I didn’t want to contribute to tangent discussions based on floating dates reported widely in media rn. So holding off to update TL. :(

Yes. I even saw a major newscast that mixed up BL's two trips back to Florida (the plane trip and the van trip).

It would sure be nice if we had some sort of public excel sheet where people put down all the information, with columns for sources and estimates of reliability. And there could be more columns for more subjective opinions (like the shape of someone's ears!)

Does anybody know how and where this could be set up?

Where did she see them Aug 25?

Saw you tagged me last thread, @PommyMommy . By the time I replied, thread had closed! THIS IS MOVING SO FAST!

Haven’t updated timeline because the story is so frantically exposed EVERYWHERE, that even major MSM outlets are failing to fact check, imo. For example, the last date seen, found date & TOD for the Moab couple is critically different with different sources. Which is so important when LE is saying that the 2 cases are not ruled unrelated. Just saw a NEW headline that said Gabby’s missing 6 days (whaaa?) assuming because the missing persons report was filed Sept 11. So many other examples I could list.

VERY FRUSTRATING. I didn’t want to contribute to tangent discussions based on floating dates reported widely in media rn. So holding off to update TL. :(

Yes. I even saw a major newscast that mixed up BL's two trips back to Florida (the plane trip and the van trip).

It would sure be nice if we had some sort of public excel sheet where people
Two young people loaded themselves into a van like spam in a can and took off on an adventure. Somewhere along the way, they got into an argument. Someone reported that argument. The police intervened. The young people went on their way. Some days later, he returned home without her, didn't call 911, family didn't call 911, entire family lawyered up and are now hiding out.

At this moment, an army of police are working the case, plowing through thousands of phone calls, email messages, so called "leads", and following standard police investigation protocols. All the dissection of these 2 unknown to us people is speculation until the police establish solid, provable facts.

That investigative army is arrayed against the assumed shelter one lawyer has afforded a terrified young man and his family. There's a terrified family with a missing daughter. Between all of them, there's an avalanche of the unknown.

Patience is the key here. Its going to take a long time to to investigate a case that encompasses thousands of miles and myriads of unfortunate possibilities.

put down all the information, with columns for sources and estimates of reliability. And there could be more columns for more subjective opinions (like the shape of someone's ears!)

Does anybody know how and where this could be set up?

Where is the information of BL'S return to Florida documented if it is?
How do we know he returned Sept 1st.? How do we know he even returned? Has anyone seen him or talked to him? Also, how do we know he returned alone? I was trying to find this info but couldn't. Would appreciate some help.
here is her media thread
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

press conferences, tweets, MSM media, etc. a lot of information about Gabby missing

Does anyone know if BL ever had a job and what he did for money?

For actual money. Not the drawing/art stuff. There is no money in that.
Very curious how he was paying for the van life trip. Or if the money was totally from Gabby and from his and her parents.

Just saying ... that when I was in my early 20s I was expected by my parents to have a job, not live off of them, or go traveling around on a months-long vacation while they sent me money. So I worked, but these two did not. Is someone's parents in this saga rich? From the looks of BL's parents house, they are not rich people. So where was his money coming from?

Someone earlier mentioned "savings". Who has a lot of savings at the age of 22?

Friends stunned by Gabby Petito's disappearance, said ...https://kutv.com › news › local › friends-stunned-by-ga...

They worked together at Publix

But really, the van’s legal owner is still kind of insignificant at this point.
I agree, but the one significant thing from the bodycam footage is we know she cared a lot about the van and her own safety, and wouldn't have given it to him and walked away, or at least, not without first getting support from parents or others.

When are you referring to, and where does that come from? Are you saying he stayed in the van the night before he flew home to help move stuff in a storage unit? That she stayed in an airport hotel alone?

I think it was in response to LE separating them shortly after they were called. The post referenced her dad ordering Domino's Pizza from his app and delivering it to her at hotel.

Well we know he was the primary driver, we know it was her name on the title (correct me if I’m wrong on that but I thought it was confirmed), and we know they both did work on making the van what it was for their cross country trip. We know her parents helped out with money along the way, I don’t remember if his family did, but as they were living with them prior to the trip I’d say they probably helped somehow. They both weren’t working so I don’t see where “her work” is what was making their trip possible.

I’m surprised the issue of it being “her van” is still mentioned. Like I said, for all intents and purposes it was theirs. Before my marriage my husband and I sold my car that I bought before I knew him and bought a new car, he wasn’t on the title to “my” car but it was ours and we use it for trips to Vegas and San Francisco. But really, the van’s legal owner is still kind of insignificant at this point.
Since you brought it up and we have discussed this previously - Florida does not recognize "their" property. If the van is registered in her name alone, it's hers. They aren't married. If they were, and she was dead, he could take her death certificate down to the tag office and make it "his". That is our process. LE has confirmed the Van was hers.
JMO

This is going to be solved very quickly if they were in GTNP or YNP. So many people there. So many cameras. So much social media. These two people don't strike me as resourceful outdoors people. They were not backpacking. They can only go where their van takes them. Which is not an overlanding vehicle. Options are limited. Just a matter of time IMO. BL must be very nervous.

So keeping a nationwide alert is a great thing. Hopefully, everyone out in that area during those dates will review anything they have for pictures, videos, recollections of sightings, etc.

I was attempting to transcribe all the parts that indicate she was also injured and my internet is being awful and my audio keeps failing - I'm rural. I know at one point one of the officers says "She has marks too" (maybe someone else can find it)
But I did manage to transcribe these parts

9:04
Officer: "Did he hit you"
GP : "He liked grabbed me" (puts hands to face to demonstrate)
Officer: Don't worry, be honest
GP: He like .. he like this .... (puts hands on face again) He didn't like hit me (makes punching motion) (inaudible)
Officer: Did he slap your face or what?
GP: He like grabbed (inaudible) it cut me here ... (strokes left cheek) ... I can feel it now ... *starts crying* (see photo - this mark is exactly where she's touching her face)

12:24
Officer: This officer noticed you have marks on your face
BL : I put marks on her too

21:08
Officer giving witness statement : He said he never saw the male strike the female. He saw the male trying to lock her out of the vehicle ..... he hung her backpack on the back probably so she'd have her *expletive* ... the witness is saying I never saw him hit her I saw him shove her he couldn't say if it was an aggression against her or a defense against her

(note the witness ALSO doesn't say that GP struck BL - the officer says witnessed says she clawed through the window over top of him )

The motion GP made when she was demonstrating how he put his hands on her reminds me of a parental figure yoking up a child's face. My parents used to do this to me all the time. I'm not trying to inject my personal experience or use it as bias. It just reminded me of that. I hated it when it happened fwiw. If I was grown, I might put marks on someones face if they yoked me up that way. Again, I'm not saying one way or the other about abuse in this relationship; just that motion was very familiar.

Patience needed, yes, unless the 24 year old mans up. Next year is the 1/4 century mark for his stay so far on earth. I don't care for 3 seconds that he is "terrified". But yes, Gabby's family has my complete sympathy.

Hi, I'm new to this, haven't posted much. The last text received from Petito's phone was on Aug 30 that said "No service in Yosemite." They were in or around the Grand Tetons at that point. Laundrie returned home on Sept. 1st and lawyered up. I don't believe she sent that last text and if he would have started home Aug 30, that would have been enough time to reach FL on Sept 1. It's obvious he knows something and isn't talking. You don't just leave the girlfriend who lives with you out in the middle of nowhere, essentially, and drive 3 days home. Even if they would have had a major fight and broke up, I doubt she would have just been left. They lived together. The van was spotted in a parking lot in Grand Teton National Park that's for Jenny Lake. There are many hiking trails in that park. It would be interesting to know if they camped in the park and if park cameras caught them leaving.

To be honest, in the body cam video, I see a very, very upset young lady and a hyper/arrogant young man. I think he was gaslighting her - she was apologizing for being tense over cleaning. The distance between Teton's and Florida is 35 hours. This lines up with him likely leaving the 25th-26th and driving 8-10 hours a day. Or, he left later.... It would be interesting to know when he left the area. If she "ran" off, there are a lot of people in this area during the summer months. She could have easily reached out for help; and I am certain this sweet young lady would have reached out to her family.

We know that BL is refusing to answer questions. I wonder IF police have his cell phone. There is so much information they can glean from a cell phone. I would also love to know where her cell phone is and when it last pinged.

I am praying that BL come forward with more information sooner rather than later. His complete silence points to guilt to me - but that is JMVHO. We have watched many stay silent and thwart LE's efforts to find a missing person. Most often the end result is very sad!

I'm getting a suspicion that "cryptic" is part of his identity (and perhaps smugly so). It fits with his current behavior - although his current behavior is too extreme to put down to this.
I wonder if he is anti-social. The family dynamics are certainly unusual. I thought it was odd that his sister has not spoken to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆