Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, the german federal council approved a law according to which murderers have to go to court if there is new evidence despite acquittal in the past.

This could be a key to finally solve some cold cases maybe.
Sounds promising!

Sounds promising!

Well, it's a first step! Let's see what the federal constitutional court will say if there is an appeal later on and after that maybe the European Court of Justice.

It's not a walk in the park, to overrule the principle of the criminal action consumption just by a national law IMO.

We'll see!

Well, it's a first step! Let's see what the federal constitutional court will say if there is an appeal later on and after that maybe the European Court of Justice.

It's not a walk in the park, to overrule the principle of the criminal action consumption just by a national law IMO.

We'll see!

Also let's see if it does have retroactive effect, or in other words people that are already acquitted like the 2 guys on the PK case can now go to trial if there are new evidences or if those that were acquitted in the past are not affected by new law and only from now on the future the new law will applly. Most likely it's the 2nd.

No statement of my pal with the long german nickname?

C'mon, please do not disappoint me...;)

I will be as honest as I can even if you don't believe me, I don't have a huge deal of knowledge on the MM case and so I do have to rely on media articles like all of you guys and this is problematic because many articles are just made up.

To further the problem I don't have any particular interest on the MM case by itself, i'm just following like others to see how it will end but by no menas i'm a "fanatic" by this or someone that knows all details and read all stuff and followed all news. I did read more back on 2007/2008 when the case started but for years I didn't pay more attention to it and even now I'm reading the forum/theread and participate only with the goal of seek out information and compile it but information about other cases that are mentioned, and this makes me "scan" some articles very fast and miss many stuff.

For example by mistake i was "influenced" by my fury on that JC guy and did end up writting that CB is investigated for other 4 crimes in Portugal while in fact they are 3 + MM one.

Then I did read his opinion (aparently told by HCW to him - JC) about what those cases did had chance to be charged to CB and I posted here that I would vote for Irish Woman but I was not aware of the many arrticles that are on the net like this :

https://thakoni.com/portuguese-police-have-already-ruled-out-mccann-suspect-in-rape-of-irish-woman/

Claiming CB was "excluded" from Irish woman rape. Also I was not aware of FF claims about CB not having the marks that the woman claimed the rapist have. If FF is telling truth then forget about CB to be charged with that crime.

I'm changing oppinion because I keep reading contradictory stuff on this and I'm not paying that much attention as well, it's completly different story if it's something that you have knowledge about either for official files or friends or working directly on the case so becames confusing.

My vote at this time is that HCW will not be able to charge CB ever. But that doesn't mean that I do think he is clear/not done the MM crime. He was on the place, had motive, could even be there just to rob, etc, so it's plausible to think that he could do the crime but many other guys could do the crime as well and it's well known that the region was full of pedophiles and we don't even know for sure it was a pedophile, etc ... so yes, CB "fits" someone who could do the crime, i did not ruled him out, but because of the actions of HCW i think he will never ever be able to charge him.

I do wonder if HCW believed because he had the right guy, the evidence would be easy enough to find.

But if the theory of the case is incorrect, you won't find corroborating evidence.

It's always been the big problem with this case. Finding more evidence that fits the theory. Amaral thought he had cracked it, but then the forensics didn't pass muster.

Maybe we are just always back to needing a body on this one.

I'd just really like to know what it is he has! Because it surely has to be very significant for him to name CB and maintain his (HCW's) stance since June 2020 that he has the right man in his sights. Surely?

I'd just really like to know what it is he has! Because it surely has to be very significant for him to name CB and maintain his (HCW's) stance since June 2020 that he has the right man in his sights. Surely?

Yet what he does have is not strong enough and he needs to seek help of others to provide more info ...

Also CB is in jail, it's not like when you are investigating someone that is free. Example if i were investigating a guy under suspicion of drug traffic i could follow the guy, check communications, etc and i would try to catch him.

CB is in jail and will go no-where. He will not destroy evidence, he will not change past unless he does have a secret time machine and even if he can call people from cell or something like that people already know that he is wanted for MM crime.

To further my claims if CB did commit the crime he does know what HCW have on him.

Example - IF CB did made videos of MM and does know that the "evidence" are the videos.

So ... What is the point of not charging or question CB ? What could possible CB do to change the sittuation if confronted with what HCW have ?

What HCW have is something that CB can change if he knows what it is ?

Think about it, what could it possible be ?

And about that JC book, I do think that JC did mainly wanted to tell his story of his searching for MM with all of that unrelated stuff like the other guys he did check and he did end up using the CB popularity to "boost" his sales.

I did write to him (JC) yesterday (and all main people at olivepress) but goes without saying up untill now I didn't get any answer from them (as expected).

I think HCW did find it to be a "good idea" to team up with another jornalist to have his CB case on another media and keep the fire burning, fire that he should be make burn by himself and not others. Ended up with this mess and this just further ridicularize HCW investigation and attitude on media.

Now let's see what HCW is going to do. I hope that HCW will provide us with more info now, unless JC is correct and we have to wait up to next year for a MM/CB charge....

I just hope that other prossecuters not directly related to this matter (MM) will have to go (again) to international media to explain "mess"/"false info" caused by this "game" of "secret investigations" but looks like it's how it will end up to be...

Last edited:
IMO the question isn't just about what HCW has against him, but what kind of investigation BKA is running, in which CB seems to have played part.

BKA has been at the site of the allotment raid as well.

BKA usually investigates on a wider scale, if you understand what i mean.

I could imagine that even BKA knows more than HCW according to CB....

IMO the question isn't just about what HCW has against him, but what kind of investigation BKA is running, in which CB seems to have played part.

BKA has been at the site of the allotment raid as well.

BKA usually investigates on a wider scale, if you understand what i mean.

I could imagine that even BKA knows more than HCW according to CB....

But then that wouldn't make CB the only suspect on MM case and it would invalidate that claim that "if CB were to have a valid alibi they would close the investigation on him" or something like that.

BKA would have to be there because is the BKA that did made the apeal and they were searching for anything that could link CB to any crimes.

Suppose for example that on the allotments there was a tape/media card with CB raping the Irish Woman or something like that, or even a case that we don't know, BKA/Sta braunschweig should be together on this so I don't think at at least in relation to MM there are stuff that they don't know. Same for all crimes done by CB outside of Germany that are not under jurisdiction of other Sta.

But then that wouldn't make CB the only suspect on MM case and it would invalidate that claim that "if CB were to have a valid alibi they would close the investigation on him" or something like that.

BKA would have to be there because is the BKA that did made the apeal and they were searching for anything that could link CB to any crimes.

Suppose for example that on the allotments there was a tape/media card with CB raping the Irish Woman or something like that, or even a case that we don't know, BKA/Sta braunschweig should be together on this so I don't think at at least in relation to MM there are stuff that they don't know. Same for all crimes done by CB outside of Germany that are not under jurisdiction of other Sta.

"But then that wouldn't make CB the only suspect on MM case....."

Probably yes......

"BKA would have to be there...."

They are 24/7.....

"Same for all crimes done by CB outside of Germany that are not under jurisdiction of other Sta....."

What is very likely, because the BKA is the highest police force in germany, who do their job for the prosecutors office because just this office has the "power" to decide if all of the policework is sufficent to make them able to appeal for a charge at a court. The police (including BKA!) is working for the prosecutors office, not otherwise.

That's how things work in germany.

And now an assumption of myself. Just imagine how many things are going on behind the curtain, while everybody is looking at a possible MM ./. CB connection.

(...)Just imagine how many things are going on behind the curtain, while everybody is looking at a possible MM ./. CB connection.

But that doesn't make sense, as they could do the same investigation without CB/MM. Example if they are checking CB over a ring of pedos or something like that why would be the need to cause a MM/CB distraction ? Only reason would be to get media attention to CB. But then they wouldn't get the autorization for the public appeal on MM.

It would be like - "This guy is a suspect in rape/murder crimes if you public have info on them please tell us". It wouldn't say "This guy killed MM". For HCW to state that CB did kill MM he need solid ground he can't later say "oh it was just a farse/scam to catch some other guys - i'm very sorry to have used your daughter for that, MM family ..."

That statement from HCW was very interesting.

I wonder whether all the talk of paedo rings, photo's of MM etc is all just speculation on our part and there's just nothing in it.

Perhaps HCW knows that CB can't possibly have an alibi for that night because another witness, someone who we haven't even heard of, knows exactly where CB was? Maybe that someone has struck some kind of deal and is being protected.

HCW said "If you knew the evidence we had you would come to the same conclusion......................"

I just can't see what they might have on CB, it can't just be the testimonies of the old friends who have done media interviews.

I think there's a different angle to this case that we haven't even considered and maybe something to do with HCW's UK media hits, that @mrjitty mentioned.

JMO

Madeleine McCann: Public 'would reach same conclusion' on suspect

Last edited:
Also, why so many lies and so many cases ? If HCW does know for sure that he doesn't had a chance with a charge why to keep on the farse ? For example Irish woman rape. I'm not even talking about cases that "others" are mentioning, i'm just refering to MM case + 3 portugal crimes that HCW by himself in documentary and/or podcasts talking himself so we know for sure is him did state.

If that mark that the Irish Woman says that the rapist have, if HCW does know that CB doesn't have why to keep saying that he is still under investigation and they expect charges, etc when in fact they know it was not him ? Of course this is not valid if there are reason to believe that he might be related to the crime and end up charged but .... the more crimes you put on him the more credibility you will loose over time while all other crimes are cleard, at the end MM it will be just one more case that CB didn't had anything to do with just like all the others and it will not be a case that BKA couldn't charge even if there are chances that he is the killer. It will look very bad for BKA at the end.

That statement from HCW was very interesting.

I wonder whether all the talk of paedo rings, photo's of MM etc is all just speculation on our part and there's just nothing in it.

Perhaps HCW knows that CB can't possibly have an alibi for that night because another witness, someone who we haven't even heard of, knows exactly where CB was? Maybe that someone has struck some kind of deal and is being protected.

HCW said something along the lines of ' if you knew what we do, you'd think he did the crime too'.

I just can't see what they might have on CB, it can't just be the testimonies of the old friends who have done media interviews.

JMO

Fully agree.

And because it's the first time i've ever saw an investigation going like this i don't have any clue about what HCW goal is and can't "calculate" what method they are using because whatever it is it was never used prior to this at least to my knowledge ...

Nobody said that CB is the only suspect. HCW told the media, that he/the Brunswick prosecutors office is just investigating CB.

Not more, not less!

Here is the most interesting part of the BKA appeal:

Furthermore, there is reason to assume that there are other people besides the perpetrator who have specific knowledge of the possible course of events and, if applicable, the location of the corpse. We expressly ask these people to get in touch and share their knowledge.

If that mark that the Irish Woman says that the rapist have, if HCW does know that CB doesn't have why to keep saying that he is still under investigation and they expect charges, etc when in fact they know it was not him ?

I think HB originally said it could have been a birthmark, tattoo or a ladder/pull in the tights. (I'll try and find the link)
The only thing I'd say about that case is that the HB's ordeal lasted for 5 hours, whereas the DM rape for which CB was convicted was a much shorter duration of 15-20 mins. Different MO in that respect.

ETA Link re mark on leg........

PressReader.com - Digital Newspaper & Magazine Subscriptions

Last edited:
And about that JC book, I do think that JC did mainly wanted to tell his story of his searching for MM with all of that unrelated stuff like the other guys he did check and he did end up using the CB popularity to "boost" his sales.

I did write to him (JC) yesterday (and all main people at olivepress) but goes without saying up untill now I didn't get any answer from them (as expected).

I think HCW did find it to be a "good idea" to team up with another jornalist to have his CB case on another media and keep the fire burning, fire that he should be make burn by himself and not others. Ended up with this mess and this just further ridicularize HCW investigation and attitude on media.

Now let's see what HCW is going to do. I hope that HCW will provide us with more info now, unless JC is correct and we have to wait up to next year for a MM/CB charge....

I just hope that other prossecuters not directly related to this matter (MM) will have to go (again) to international media to explain "mess"/"false info" caused by this "game" of "secret investigations" but looks like it's how it will end up to be...

"I did write to him (JC) yesterday (and all main people at olivepress) but goes without saying up untill now I didn't get any answer from them (as expected)."

Lot's of effort for someone who insists, not to be interested in the MM case.

Don't you think?

Nobody said that CB is the only suspect. HCW told the media, that he/the Brunswick prosecutors office is just investigating CB.

Not more, not less!

Here is the most interesting part of the BKA appeal:

Furthermore, there is reason to assume that there are other people besides the perpetrator who have specific knowledge of the possible course of events and, if applicable, the location of the corpse. We expressly ask these people to get in touch and share their knowledge.

But that would still be related to MM case.

Meaning if CB killed MM alone or with help or someone knows where MM body is.

Is not they were investigating CB over victim "x" in secret. Like if CB were part of something bigger. So it's contradictory.

"I did write to him (JC) yesterday (and all main people at olivepress) but goes without saying up untill now I didn't get any answer from them (as expected)."

Lot's of effort for someone who insists, not to be interested in the MM case.

Don't you think?

I didn't write to him about MM at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members