Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because she has endangered her own life. I rather not say what I'm thinking.
His complete lack of cooperation with LE though leaves me zero doubt of his involvement. I absolutely understand lawyering up, I do not understand him not cooperating with LE with guidance from his lawyer who would be by his side. I can’t think of any scenario that if he was not involved, it would not be to his advantage for him, with his lawyer, to provide LE with all the info he knows.

As someone who has had an interest in crime for many years, I can't tell you how many times unsolved disappearances began with a boyfriend letting an upset girlfriend or wife out of the car, driving away, returning after "cooling off" and finding her gone.
Sometimes, its not the people involved, but the environment of the unexpected they occupied and the unanticipated humans who inhabited it.

Ok...but why the silence?!?

Haven't read everything yet, unfortunately, but has anyone posted that she could be in a psychiatric inpatient facility in the area?

Whether she was IVC'd or admitted voluntarily, it would be HIPAA protected and not disclosable unless she authorized it to be disclosed.

JMO.

I'm pretty sure LE would have checked on this already. LE can get that information from facilities (and there aren't a whole lot of them up that way). A facility can't just harbor a person who has been declared missing and for whom there is a nationwide search - her name and location is not medical information; her treatment and diagnosis are, though.

Indeed, LE come into hospitals all the time and talk to patients - because doctors and nurses are mandated reporters (that's just one reason).

I haven't fully read all the post and I haven't fully come to any firm guesses as to what went on except that that trip back to Florida to supposedly move things from or to storage is BS - IMO he left her, he had had enough of her obsession with her blog, close and sometimes hard conditions and went home. She went to a motel b/c it was safer. A young attractive women alone in a campsite is dangerous and scary not to mention her mental state might not have been that great following the break up and abandonment of her fiance. They reconciled and he returned to her, the honeymoon phase of the reconciliation didn't last long and the fighting began again. What happened after that I can't even speculate b/c his silence really speaks of guilt to me, it is also very telling that she is no longer alive but he doesn't come across as a cold hearted killer. I do think that we are going to get some answers very soon.

I wish we could pin this post. Every time someone goes missing people wonder if they're in a rehab, mental health facility or hospital and due to HIPAA no one is able to report it.
Actually, the code cited says the opposite: LE can be told if a person is in a mental health facility - just not much more than that.

Regarding the interaction between LE and BL...when they are driving to the hotel I find it odd that the conversation has nothing to do with the situation, except to note that the LE's wife also has 'anxiety' and needs medicines and a hot shower .

I'm guessing his wife is in an emotionally and physically safe situation versus GP who is in crisis. I think BL was nervous beyond nervous so attributing all of this to problem to being GP's anxiety takes any focus on her being in an abusive relationship. Again, as someone mentioned the whole 'water' thing is weird in that he doesn't like plastic, but needs to sit in a shaded area as he is so hot. Why not drink the water? ??????

Is there something that could possibly be linked to a previous crime that DNA from him and a water bottle would point to? No one's stance on plastic bottles would prevent them from drinking a poland spring 8oz in the heat. I think he was avoiding LE getting any DNA by using an enviromental/green stance. It just keeps knawing at me...

I just wanted to mention...regarding posts about BL having marks and GP not. Again, this is just MOO, but from what I know about abusers, it is common for them to hit or do physical things that don't leave a mark. For example, punch the back of the head so it's hard see bruising or feel for bumps.

Also choking doesn't leave marks when not done for long enough etc.

But not all abuse is physical and I think he may have been well versed in the other methods, like the speeding car for example. Locking someone out, holding their belongings hostage etc. All things I have also experienced and honestly the stress and mind eff it puts you under makes you go a little crazy.

All JMO

There is a link at the top of the CrowdSource Timeline as well, but here is the start of a map for visual reference. I'll be pulling the info off of the timeline and putting it on the map. Google has a weird quirk, and while everything else in Drive updates automatically while you are on the sheet/doc this is NOT the case for the map so you will need to refresh to see updated version.
GABBY PERTITO MAP - Google My Maps

Concerning your timeline on the 12th. The 12th could have been the day they posted the arches hike since thats the day she had wifi for 6 hours. Also, I read here that she had mentioned that it was Monday and their hiking the arches. (paraphrases). Also, where she stayed that night? I don't think its much of a stretch to consider that she may have just stayed in the hotel with BL. Hot showers, flush toilets, climate controlled, wifi, etc and all free.

As someone who has had an interest in crime for many years, I can't tell you how many times unsolved disappearances began with a boyfriend letting an upset girlfriend or wife out of the car, driving away, returning after "cooling off" and finding her gone.
Sometimes, its not the people involved, but the environment of the unexpected they occupied and the unanticipated humans who inhabited it.
I don’t know why we have the same interest in following crime, but I do too. My observation is the opposite, very small percentage when the SO is not the perpetrator.

Something else that has bothered me about the police can video-

Their campsite that night was planned to be in Arches- Gabby wasn’t comfortable driving the van.

The only campsite in Arches is *17 miles* into the park with no cell service. Would she have been comfortable driving 17 miles into the park when she was concerned about Brian’s hotel room being across Moab from her, which is not a very big town?

So it’s probably safe to assume she didn’t stay at the campsite in Arches that night.

Good observation. So, you think they were together that night?

Did anyone else notice his odd walk at 42:28? Not impaired or anything, just an unusual gait. imo.

Gabby could have voluntarily gotten out of the van and stayed behind, and BL will claim she just wanted to be on her own (if he ever says anything at all, which is doubtful). "Woman goes missing in Yellowstone" is not enough to file charges against her BF, IMO.
RSBM
I've followed cases where that kind of claim is made by a suspect, and, it seems to me, it only works as a stalling tactic. When the victim's disappearance is so out of character, and they cannot be found and the suspect shows zero concern for the missing person, IMO it can actually become part of the evidence against the suspect at trial.

I dont believe most facilities would allow a nationwide search effort for a missing woman continue if they could notify law enforcement without publicity and ensure she was alive. MOO

I hear you, believe me, but facilities gauge those kinds of disclosures versus any potential legal liability. Just because HIPAA allows it doesn't mean they can't be sued, or that providers there wouldn't be risking sanctions by their respective licensing boards should they voluntarily release it.

I think this is best case scenario, for what it's worth. Yet plausible. Because then she would still be alive and he wouldn't be a monster.

JMO.

I just wanted to say to parents:
I am a mom to an almost 18 year old girl. My only child.
Since she was young, I put her in a martial arts/self defense class. She is still in Krav Maga and is a black belt. Krav Maga is Israeli Self Defense. It is what the IDF is trained in. She has not only learned self defense using her body, but weapons training with knifes, fake guns and escrima sticks/fighting sticks and other random objects a person could find laying around. She has learned how to fight off someone pulling her long hair. And all kinds of real life situations that could occur. She has learned to fight off adult men. She is only 5.3/110 pounds. She also learns how to use a gun for when she can legally own one.

Please, if you have kids under 18 - put them in some form of self defense/martial arts. Not just karate as an offense fun thing. SELF DEFENSE. And make sure they learn to train in using weapons (it does not have to be guns if you are against them).

We just never can predict what other people are going to do - strangers and people we know. Our first line of defense, is ourselves.

Situations like Gabby is in......I fear for my daughter...and is why I put her in these classes start at age 6.

This is now posted in MSM, so I believe I can mention here. A TikTok user claims she and her boyfriend picked Brian up at 5:30pm on August 29th at Colter Bay in GTNP and dropped him off around 6:09pm at Jackson Lake Dam. He claims he had been camping/hiking at Snake River for the past few days and that his fiancee was back at the van working on their social media site. She has reported this info to LE.
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam