Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes- Also I think Brian isn’t quite the criminal mastermind some people are making him out to be.

More than likely his lawyer is making him stay silent because he would incriminate himself right after saying “Hello”. If this girl’s TikTok story is true, she really is a key witness here and may be the only person on the planet outside of his lawyer and parents who heard some part of the “story” he was trying to come up with before mom and dad called their lawyer.

If he just did something to GP why would he even mention her to the couple giving him a ride.

"He offered to pay us like, $200 to give him a ride like 10 miles. So, that was kind of weird."
Now, we're getting down to business.

Might be he was willing to pay out 200 bucks to get possible witnesses out of the area and establish an alibi at the same time. After he got out of their car, he apparently doubled back, grabbed the van and hit the road. Very interesting...

I smell an arrest warrant arriving within a couple of days.

Last edited:
Yes- Also I think Brian isn’t quite the criminal mastermind some people are making him out to be.

More than likely his lawyer is making him stay silent because he would incriminate himself right after saying “Hello”. If this girl’s TikTok story is true, she really is a key witness here and may be the only person on the planet outside of his lawyer and parents who heard some part of the “story” he was trying to come up with before mom and dad called their lawyer.

If he just did something to GP why would he even mention her to the couple giving him a ride.

I feel like he was trying to lay really low and he was obviously scared. I bet he freaked out and got out of the car because he realized he may have said too much to them, and that maybe in a week or two they would remember that conversation. IMO

Location of her phone for the 8/30 text is the key to the case. If it is along BL's route to Florida, he's hung. If it is not, it is strongly indicative that something else is going on. Might turn out that trying to create an alibi text is the mistake that gets him.

Because he’s not a criminal mastermind.

He’s a scared kid who would have immediately thought “quick, mention my dead fiancé waiting for me at the van so they don’t think I killed her.”

Guilty people, especially young inexperienced ones, are incredibly easy to manipulate. The woman who picked Brian up suspects nothing but because Brian knows what just happened, he’d be freaked out and would mention it “just in case”.

According to this TikToker BL was wanting to go north. From Colter Bay Village? Was that where GP was with the van? I can understand the confusion in the towns as an outsider. I’d not know Jackson and Jackson Hole were often one and the same. It’s a little confusing.

I believe the girl’s story. Seems credible enough. But according to her timeline it took them 39 minutes to drive a little less than 8 miles. Is that typical?
View attachment 313006

That’s a tight timeline relative to when he made it back to Florida. He would have had just a short amount of time, considering the amount of time needed for the trip, between when the couple dropped him off at the Dam and when he made it to FL. He obviously made it back to the van (and presumably Gabby) somehow. He’d almost immediately need to be on the road to make it back by the 1st.

More questions.

ETA: For him to have offered $200 for a few mile ride, he must have really wanted to get to “Jackson”. Quickly.

Those roads are windy and narrow with lots of switchbacks and small villages and it would be slow-going, so the timeline for getting to Jackson Dam from Colter is probably fine.

I am wondering if he meant "Jackson Dam" and got freaked out when it looked like they were going to drive past where he was expecting to stop. Perhaps the van was parked there, at Jackson Dam, or parked nearby. If he went to Colter to take a shower and clean himself off, maybe he wanted to get to the van as quickly as possible after that and hightail it out of there. If he left at 7 PM Mountain Time on the 29th, that would have given him 48 - 72 hours (depending on what time he got home on Sept. 1) to do a 35 hour drive to Florida.

Last edited:

for sure staying silent is wise, not at all helpful but i think in the end he is worried about himself more than her. he would incriminate himself, deflect, distract, make excuses, discuss her issues....everything he did at the traffic stop,only this time magnified with not so gentle detectives.

She posted a new TikTok and clarified some info. This was updated in the MSM article as well. She said the exact time of pickup was 5:44pm and this is proven by a text message to her mother. She said he did not pull a phone out at any time during the drive/interaction. She also said she is in constant contact w/FBI and LE.

Regarding the 39 minute 8 mile ride, maybe they didn't leave right away. Maybe they spoke for awhile, were getting stuff together, etc.. She was texting her mom they were giving someone a ride.
I don't know if there's 'rush hour' traffic there as it was supper time, end of day. Could be busy.
Great observation.

What’s the speed limit through there? If part of it was very low that would slow them down a lot.

Regarding the interaction between LE and BL...when they are driving to the hotel I find it odd that the conversation has nothing to do with the situation, except to note that the LE's wife also has 'anxiety' and needs medicines and a hot shower .

I'm guessing his wife is in an emotionally and physically safe situation versus GP who is in crisis. I think BL was nervous beyond nervous so attributing all of this to problem to being GP's anxiety takes any focus on her being in an abusive relationship. Again, as someone mentioned the whole 'water' thing is weird in that he doesn't like plastic, but needs to sit in a shaded area as he is so hot. Why not drink the water? ??????

Is there something that could possibly be linked to a previous crime that DNA from him and a water bottle would point to? No one's stance on plastic bottles would prevent them from drinking a poland spring 8oz in the heat. I think he was avoiding LE getting any DNA by using an enviromental/green stance. It just keeps knawing at me...
Could be why his sister hasn't talked to him. He's out of the country. MOO

Doctors and nurses are mandated reporters but only under certain circumstances. Being a missing person isn't one of them. There are a host of reasons why being a missing person doesn't mandate disclosure.

Psychiatric facilities are under a bit more scrutiny when it comes to PHI disclosure than a typical medical facility. And yes, a person being merely registered as a patient at any hospital is PHI. PHI isn't just relegated to one's treatment and diagnosis, but also one's presence.

Again, the facility must weigh law enforcement's request and the public's right to know versus the patient's right to privacy and any potential liability for PHI disclosure (whether HIPAA permits or not). They almost always err on the side of the patient's privacy. A court order or voluntary patient authorization to disclose is generally required.

JMO.
Not in a missing person case or where someone is feared hurt or a danger to themselves or others. If she were in a hospital, rehab or other medical facility they are required during an investigation to report her as being safe. They aren't allowed to state her reason for being there or anything in regards to her treatment or diagnosis, but yes, they are required to inform.

No, Brian asked him if he lives in North Port and the guy said no, he lives "a little bit north," which I assume means he lives in Venice. I hope he knocks it off at least before it gets dark. We all want answers but this guy doesn't have the right to create a disturbance especially because it's very likely they aren't even in the house.

I was thinking that they're probably not even holed up in the house.

I'd say - considering the strength of feeling regarding this case, and the widespread anger and frustration towards BL - it would likely be foolish for them to be somewhere where a vigilante could get at Brian.

Could be why his sister hasn't talked to him. He's out of the country. MOO

I think that's a real possibility. They are in Florida and had 10 days head start before GP's mom filed the missing person report. Plenty of time to get him on a boat to somewhere outside the US without any record of it.

With no warrant, I doubt there is any way to know if he's even there unless the house catches fire or something.

I think it was Brian they ran into because he talked about Gabby. How many people in the world are named Gabby? And he presumably told them his own name.

She would not have had wifi in a non-campground area by a river in a wilderness area. That part of what she was doing while she was alone, while he was on the run or whatever he was doing, was made up nonsense, IMO.
We don't know if she stayed in the campground while he was hiking. Perhaps she drove to a parking lot where wifi was available and he simply wanted to spend his days hiking instead of hanging around while she spent time on the internet.

So that at least it was on record with these potential witnesses (who had contact with him) that he *hadnt been with his fiance* so that it could be an alibi. In his mindset, could make sense to offer that unprompted because you’re flustered and intentionally deflecting. Then his parents advise him to not talk to anyone else. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆