Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from a trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstone last week. We stayed at a lodge near Grassy road. This area is between Yellowstone South Entrance and GT. There isn't an entrance station to GT here because you have to drive through Yellowstone going south to get here. It looks from previous posts that they often setup a tent. So they setup a tent at Grassy road and Gabby could have driven to Jackson Lodge, where there is free wifi in the lobby, while Brian went hiking along the Snake River. If they did that, there would be a record of those IP connections or other activity, so while possible, it doesn't seem likely. There are showers at Colter Bay, the tiktoker mentions those. Traffic eases off this time of day, but the speed limits are between 25 and 45 mph, so the timeline is not too far off (5:45 to 6:09). Not sure how this fits with any theories out there, but is explains why they are searching in GT. I'm skeptical of his story to the tiktoker because we don't know why she didn't contact her friend on the 29th, and he could not have been out there for days if he was in Victor ID on the 26th or 27th. The video of the person describing the search is at either Colter Bay or the Marina. Jackson Lake is very low - you see the docks basically in mud - due to the amount water being released to the Snake River to supply the drought in Idaho. Wonder what we will find out at 6.

Since you brought it up and we have discussed this previously - Florida does not recognize "their" property. If the van is registered in her name alone, it's hers. They aren't married. If they were, and she was dead, he could take her death certificate down to the tag office and make it "his". That is our process. LE has confirmed the Van was hers.
JMO
Not true I lived in Florida he was her fiancée not husband . In that case ownership would go to her family the reason I know this is my Fiancée passed away from cancer and her family got possession of her car even though I was listed as a driver on insurance

That means that he drove an hour from his home because he was very concerned about hearing from her AND that he thought or hoped that BL was there. I wonder if that's when they discovered that her van was at the house. I wish I knew more about what her two sets of parents were thinking and doing between August 29 and September 10. I would have been desperate.

The report shows that things were ugly between the families before she was reported missing.

He was likely just knocking on their door looking for his daughter. imo.

Gabby Petito’s father was involved in a "public service" incident at fiancé Brian Laundrie’s home on Sept. 10, nine days after he returned to Florida without her from a cross-country road trip and a day before she was reported missing by her mother, according to heavily redacted police reports.

Nearly everything but the time and address is redacted due to the open investigation – but the documents do link Joseph Petito to a police response to the home his daughter lived in with Laundrie and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10. They then returned twice on Sept. 11 for follow-up investigations.
Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident evening before daughter reported missing
That most likely in reference to picking up the van. I believe Petito's name was listed as the owner and when the van was transferred to him an officer would have been present. "Public service" incidents are run of the mill types of incidents. They do it for a traffic light being out, a missing sign, etc. If a person breaks up with someone they share a domicile with and they come to retrieve their belongings with an officer it's called a public service incident.

That was my first thought too - they were broke. Gabby told the cops she is a nutritionist. She worked at an organic juice bar. On her Instagram page the description mentions "veggies". I think she'd have to be broke to eat like this.
Very good point. I wondered also about her eating ramen packs. They had to have had little money and maybe the $200. was just something BL made up to get a ride.

I don't think he'd risk driving around with her body in the van for any longer than absolutely necessary.

They were on the police's radar already since they were pulled over, so I imagine he didn't want to be caught with her body in the van if police were to recognise the plates and pull the vehicle again if they saw him alone in it.

MOO

If her body was ever in the van, that is.

I think it’s more likely they camped a few days hike away from where the van was parked, then whatever happens, happens, Brian walks to the car park on his own, gets a lift, planning to steal the TikToker’s car, panics, goes back for the van and begins his drive back to FL.

Narrative he was maybe hoping to pull off was “Looks like she parked up and went off on her own hiking for a few days to a place with no service, then got lost and had no water. What a tragic accident”, while he says, “Yeah, we broke up and I made my way back to Florida. I know where her van might be parked, as it’s the last place I saw her when she dumped poor me!!”

“Yosemite” is perhaps a deliberate two-in-one diversion + attempted division of resources?

Ok more on this hitchhiking story. She said they picked him up at 5:30pm and dropped him off at 6:09. Colter bay to jackson dam is 7.6 miles trip roughly 11 minute ride. I know the parks are crowded but thats 39 minutes. And she said he was wearing hiking boots. Hmmm

The hiking boots are a sticking point for me...

On Gabby's Instagram, in her latter posts, she waxes lyrical about how Brian always likes to hike barefoot, BUT when I looked back at the images on his Instagram, there were many occasions when he wasn't barefoot and was wearing hiking boots.

Someone made a brilliant point earlier that he refused water when offered it by the police when they stopped the van on the DV call. His excuse was he was against the use of plastic (water bottles)...

If it WAS the case that he was shrewd enough to not hand the police his DNA by drinking from a water bottle, could he also think he was being savvy by not wearing hiking boots with a distinctive tread that could reveal footprints or tracks?

It's only in the recent photos that he started hiking barefoot, yet the post supposedly written by Gabby said he 'always' hiked barefoot.

MOO

I just got back from a trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstone last week. We stayed at a lodge near Grassy road. This area is between Yellowstone South Entrance and GT. There isn't an entrance station to GT here because you have to drive through Yellowstone going south to get here. It looks from previous posts that they often setup a tent. So they setup a tent at Grassy road and Gabby could have driven to Jackson Lodge, where there is free wifi in the lobby, while Brian went hiking along the Snake River. If they did that, there would be a record of those IP connections or other activity, so while possible, it doesn't seem likely. There are showers at Colter Bay, the tiktoker mentions those. Traffic eases off this time of day, but the speed limits are between 25 and 45 mph, so the timeline is not too far off (5:45 to 6:09). Not sure how this fits with any theories out there, but is explains why they are searching in GT. I'm skeptical of his story to the tiktoker because we don't know why she didn't contact her friend on the 29th, and he could not have been out there for days if he was in Victor ID on the 26th or 27th. The video of the person describing the search is at either Colter Bay or the Marina. Jackson Lake is very low - you see the docks basically in mud - due to the amount water being released to the Snake River to supply the drought in Idaho. Wonder what we will find out at 6.

That means that he drove an hour from his home because he was very concerned about hearing from her AND that he thought or hoped that BL was there. I wonder if that's when they discovered that her van was at the house. I wish I knew more about what her two sets of parents were thinking and doing between August 29 and September 10. I would have been desperate.

The report shows that things were ugly between the families before she was reported missing.

Well, the Laundries had been ignoring Gabby's Mothers calls, so I'm sure they were rightfully upset. It's a damn shame that that much time elapsed before they started looking for her. Hope it isn't too late.

MSM reporting it now.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

A TikTok user claimed that she picked up Brian Laundrie, the boyfriend of missing woman Gabby Petito, while he was hiking alone in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming in late August.

In a video on TikTok published Friday, a user by the name of Miranda Baker said on August 29 she and her boyfriend picked up Brian Laundrie, who she said was hiking alone in Grand Teton National Park at 5:30 p.m.

This alleged incident was four days after Gabby's family last heard from her and three days before Laundrie showed up in Florida alone, driving the van that he and Gabby were traveling in.

This also piqued my interest, and has me thinking that the parents and BL all know something they don't want anyone else to know -- including, apparently, their own daughter. Whether this means they are all complicit in something, nobody can say. I'm also considering how bizarre it is for a sibling to independently comment upon these terrible circumstances, clearly without communicating first with their parents or (at least) BL. When I take a moment to think about it, I can't make sense of it.

I can make sense of the family cutting off the information to the daughter, for her own good.

I cannot make sense of the daughter then appearing on national television with basically nothing to add. Very attention-seeking behavior, very strange to speak on behalf of a family that has all but shut down. (Seems to me very "rogue"). What is UP?

I think the media may have hounded her and since she apparently liked Gabby, she felt she should make a statement, even though she knew no details of what happened. I think it was probably the media that made the brief interview/comments a much bigger deal than it was, not the sister's doing. She really didn't have much to say, but expressed that she liked Gabby, as did her children.

This all sounds like my ex- telling me that my angry reaction to his constant mental abuse was my own fault and made me "bipolar".

In her "mental state"? You mean her justifiably being angry, fearful, or upset? Or is she just CRAZY?

I'm so sick of this blaming of the victim and accusing her of being some kind of monstrous abuser. The victim is Gabby, not BL.

She SAID that she had OCD and severe anxiety issues. Whether or not those were clinical diagnoses and whether or not he was using these issues to control or demean her, she said she had them, so you can't blame posters for considering whether or not they were true.

This. She was upset, yes. But people going down the rabbit hole of her checking into a mental health facility or committing suicide is very extreme IMO. She was having a bad day. I highly doubt she was seriously mentally ill.

Yeah, I agree that "OMG, I need to commit myself" is, like, uber-extreme behavior and thus highly, highly unlikely.

Ms Laundrie also claimed that she had not yet spoken to her brother about what happened - angering Ms Petito's mum, Nicole Schmidt.

She told MailOnline : "Instead of just saying Gabby's like a sister and that you hope she's found, how about beg and plead to your brother, from sister to brother, to tell us where she is."
Mum of missing Gabby Petito blasts fiancé's sister for not making him talk

LOL, I like her spark... while simultaneously, I don't necessarily blame Brian's sister.

Maybe Brian's sister is embarrassed by his-and-her parents' behavior, took a wild hair, and thus felt compelled to opine rather than just keeping her mouth shut. Maybe she's the only person in the family with a conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa