Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically, what this decision tells us is that although the Judge found probable cause to bound BM over for trial at 1st -degree murder, allowing BM bail means the evidence presented by the state wasn't so great where the Judge believes conviction would be most likely. Not having a body is a wrench here. Let's hope that SM will be recovered prior to trial!

Proof Evident Presumption Great (PEPG) not to be confused with probable cause.
Yes and hope that BM doesn't find a way to get to Suzanne's remains first. I'm so bummed.

CO Courts

@CoCourts

People v Morphew: the Court has found probable cause and the case will proceed to trial. Bond is set at $500,000 cash only. Earliest bond may be posted is noon on Monday. The affidavit will be released by noon on Monday. A link will be distributed from this feed.

I’m trying to focus on the win for our girl Suzanne- he is going to trial and he will suffer a financial setback. Without a corroborating witness like we had in Kelseys murder (which I was upset about) we are stuck with bond.

Alright. So we got some of what we hoped for.

Bound over to trial. First degree murder is still on the table. We get the AA on Monday.

Ankle monitor for Barry, and no weapons, which means no hunting.

Month long trial to start about a year from date of arrest.

People v Morphew: trial has been set for May 3 through June 1, 2022,

https://twitter.com/cocourts/status/1438993714748219393?s=21

Judge didn't take away his guns.
In Colorado, people who are subject to a temporary civil protection order (which are what I’m assuming this judge is granting all of the people just listed) are not permitted to possess or buy guns. I believe he’s going to have to relinquish them, temporarily at least while the protection orders are enforceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member