Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone but me notice that at the beginning of the bodycam BL says he couldn't leaver GP because he doesn't have a phone then near the end he is asked for his phone number and pulls a phone out of his pocket?
I have heard it brought up on this sight a number of times. Was he confused? Or he may have ment that the phone was not on his person. I am guessing his reply was because it was not in his physical possession. He also did not have any weapons on his person, but there was no mention of any in the vehicle, at least not from what I have read.
So yes he did own a phone, and did he lie about it? Not really, He may have been painting other details in a rosy light, I find it quite interesting how much people extract from the footage. A lot that I didn't notice, some I found reaching.

To me I think dad went there after mom called him to say she was getting no answers and she was concerned-either before or after being denied by LE to submit a police report.

People are sometimes reluctant to make an official “missing person” report, if they believe the person may not be missing. I think this is why the father went to the Laundrie house first. When he realized that he wasn’t getting anywhere with them, they filed the report, IMO

Someone on the live feed said FBI. It was audible. Of course, that could be wrong.
True, I just personally doubt they’d flash their FBI badge to the crowd for anyone to know that 100%. Police officers / detectives in partial uniform in unmarked car makes more sense in my opinion.

Last edited:
Fair point! LE communications change all the time but it seems unlikely that they would make such a definitive statement without some type of proof. Who knows, hopefully they announce more.

Yes, let's hope they do announce more soon!

I think the only way they can say the cases are not connected is if they think they know for certain the perpetrator in either one of the crimes.

It makes me wonder if there's been a breakthrough and that's why the statement they were going to make tonight was suddenly cancelled. Maybe there's a recent development and they might be about to announce there's a warrant for the arrest of BL, for example.

I also saw a couple of comments back on here, on a Twitter link that someone posted, that the police are apparently IN the Laundrie's home right now.

MOO

GROSS, who is that moron in the long-sleeve shirt right up in front of the garage smirking at himself taking selfies? What a cluster this is, and all those kids in the yard. Yikes, the defense is going to have a field day with this.
The reporters there are not helping in the situation by covering these idiots.

GROSS, who is that moron in the long-sleeve shirt right up in front of the garage smirking at himself taking selfies? What a cluster this is, and all those kids in the yard. Yikes, the defense is going to have a field day with this.

And what are they going to say, "my client was harassed because these total degenerate civilians were TAKING SELFIES OF HIS GARBAGE CAN!"?

"
...thank you."

Whether we know it or not, we have a very unique and privileged degree of freedom in this country. People often can debate and obscure that argument towards some other ancillary points, usually referencing all sorts of postmodernist babble, but the reality is, the majority of our freedoms are found in our legal system. Our 4th Amendment rights, which basically protect us from unauthorized searches/seizures, 5th Amendment rights, that prevents us from 'answering' to a crime; perhaps most of all, the 6th, trial by jury....these are like, really radical things that I don't think many people contemplate or appreciate; through no fault of their own, mind you - but it's simply because it's the 'norm' for us. Point being, all of these people on the property screaming at the house, well, they too have rights, and so in as to discuss it, they have the right to free speech, on that public street. To be fair, they probably don't have the right to be on their lawn. But part of our legal system is also the ability to press charges, if desired. We can pick our civil battles. All of these things CAN result in side-effects - obnoxious hecklers, shaming, people looking guilty for getting counsel, etc. But, it's just America doing what it does.

I don't know the zoning laws locally but we have seen guns pulled for protests going through peoples property. Highly questionable.

I'd like to see if anything processed from the home but it kinda puts me off to see these people too.. So i don't think i'll make it through watching the live streams on that.

Yes - I'm going to abstain too, out of principle.

Whether we know it or not, we have a very unique and privileged degree of freedom in this country. People often can debate and obscure that argument towards some other ancillary points, usually referencing all sorts of postmodernist babble, but the reality is, the majority of our freedoms are found in our legal system. Our 4th Amendment rights, which basically protect us from unauthorized searches/seizures, 5th Amendment rights, that prevents us from 'answering' to a crime; perhaps most of all, the 6th, trial by jury....these are like, really radical things that I don't think many people contemplate or appreciate; through no fault of their own, mind you - but it's simply because it's the 'norm' for us. Point being, all of these people on the property screaming at the house, well, they too have rights, and so in as to discuss it, they have the right to free speech, on that public street. To be fair, they probably don't have the right to be on their lawn. But part of our legal system is also the ability to press charges, if desired. We can pick our civil battles. All of these things CAN result in side-effects - obnoxious hecklers, shaming, people looking guilty for getting counsel, etc. But, it's just America doing what it does.
We do know that. We also know you should stay on the sidewalk.

This may explain why BL's family is not talking. GP's dad probably showed up there and was threatening enough for the cops to get called. I'd assume that BL had no idea that she wasn't contacting her folks. I don't get the sense that he was that close to her parents so he's not going to call them to say they broke up. It could well have been the first time he heard that she may be missing. Sure, I get why GP's dad would be like WTF, you've been here a week and didn't call the cops? His answer would probably have been, "I assumed she was ok. but she wasn't answering my calls. I'd think there would be missed calls from BL on GP's phone if that were the case. But he may also not have called. It may have been a traumatic enough break up that he didn't want to talk to her either. And why would he call her parents to announce that they broke up? Only after being confronted by BL's dad and learned she was missing may be when he lawyered up and clammed up.

I disagree. I absolutely beluieve that BL and his parents knew full well that she wasn’t contacting her parents, and why she wasn’t. Why do you think that Brian and his parents refused to answer GP’s parents’ texts?

2nd try: About the van-- I bet profilers are looking at every last detail around the van. We've already heard from several women here, incl. myself. who have been abused in some fashion via a vehicle. In G's case, she was terrified of being left alone, locked outside her own van. She crawled over him to regain access to her own van. And now? Nope. No more access.
We don't know what it meant to B that his name was not on the title. But he'd have an opinion of that fact either way. It was a major thing they shared on a daily basis. That fact alone makes it significant, imo. That he ended up with it in the end, but but refuses to talk, is significant.
Last, I, like many women, once had a car taken out from under me. I naively gave him the title & he said he'd pay me for the car. Well, no, never happened. Cars are a big deal to guys, not to stereotype, but in general.
B could have simply abandoned the car, but the fact he decided to take the thing is significant. I'll go back to my original theory, which is he didn't want to leave it somewhere, because that would clue searchers in to a specific area to start with. Now there IS no area, & he ain't talkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member