Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked before, their lawyer is from NY, I'm guessing he wouldn't be able to practice as to defend him but he can still advice him? Hmmm

I went back and reread what I was commented on and I misread it. I thought "Rose" was a guy. And that he didn't want her sharing her gps info with a guy. I don't know very many 20 something guys who wouldn't be bothered by that. A girlfriend would be something different.
No, still not okay. Men and women can be friends. Period. There is no world in which that behavior is acceptable.

Something of interest to keep in the back of mind for right now - civil contempt:

2017 - “A Florida judge has ordered the parents of a suspected serial killer to appear in court next month to explain why they shouldn't be penalized for refusing to speak to investigators. Judge Margaret Taylor ordered [them] to return to court next month to show cause for why they should not be held in civil contempt of court.

Their 24-year-old son, Howell Donaldson III, is charged with four counts of first-degree murder in connection to the recent slayings that terrorized Tampa’s Seminole Heights neighborhood.

State prosecutors say the Donaldsons have willfully refused to provide testimony and answer questions about their son, despite a subpoena that ordered them to do so. Florida state law does not allow for parent-child privilege.” Judge orders parents of suspected Tampa serial killer to appear in court after their refusal to testify

BL case may be federal but there is no privilege there as far as I know. Could be wrong. There was a bill introduced in 2003 but it doesn't look like it ever moved. Text - H.R.538 - 108th Congress (2003-2004): Parent-Child Privilege Act of 2003
(direct link to bill text not working. new link, then go to text of bill)

Last edited:
Is it just me or does anyone find it odd that once it is in MSM that there's going to be a vigil (although previously a protest) that the L family decided that was the right time to speak out? Like it’s a good way to stop any additional media regarding sympathy for Gabby? Just odd timing IMO.

I'm watching FOX NOW. They said LE was there at the "family's " request. Maybe they know it's past time they talked. No word about whether BL is in the house.

IMOO

They could have retrieved a firearm from the vehicle. It’s pretty common for people with concealed carry license to keep their carry in their glovebox. The family could have been nervous with a bunch of angry people outside. Perhaps they thought the protesters could have gotten violent, broken into their vehicles and found the firearm… which would have been bad for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member