Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES, YES AND YES!!! Justice for Suzanne should not be left up to Linda and her crew. They didn't even refute the partial DNA match in her car today which (according to the judge) played a big part in BM getting bail. They could have easily shown a partial DNA match in her car means nothing.
Also, I do not recall a mention from the prosecution that Barry attempted to move or flee the area when he was arrested. It seemed like an important detail that ought to have been mentioned while they were discussing bail.

Maybe this bond thing could really help the prosecution in the long run? I don't see him keeping himself quiet or acting normal. Something will happen I just feel it. And if he's restricted to Chaffee county?

I think we will learn more about the cash bail conditions when he actually posts bail. Other than being ordered not to leave the county, I did not hear if BM has a curfew or other typical conditions. I agree that BM just might be his worst enemy and end up forfeiting the $500K and finding himself back in county lock up. MOO

Did not the defense bring up Gunnison as a place BM could possibly reside? Was he hoping to move in with M1? Or, was there another reason for wanting to be there? I don't know what county that would be. Just wondering.
I guess he didn't want to stay closer to M2?

Doesn't "People" mean the state? And the tweet was posted by CO Courts.
I thought it would be Morphew v People (the other way round), if it was the defense filing the motions about violations?

People v Morphew: motion hearing Nov. 9, 1:30 pm on discovery violations and contempt for violating the pretrial publicity order.
https://twitter.com/cocourts/status/1438995601337749514?s=21

She is a brilliant woman.
She's the best chance Suzanne has and her heart and soul are in the right place.

@SouthAussie - do you think any of those pretrial publicity order violations might have to do with Stanley talking with ProfilingEvil or n a YouTube livestream? Just a few of the things I remember her saying, like that she sent Mike a portion of the jury instructions she likes to use and one she’s planning to use for this case, how they can go after BM with more federal charges, among other things.

I was a bit disappointed (but not entirely surprised) that Stanley took part in such an interview/livestream. I was more disappointed that PE thought this was a good idea to do, at that time they did it, but my opinion of them has unfortunately been getting a bit more negative ever since all that drama (my term for it) of Chris ranting seemingly endlessly about how the police left a potential crime scene / place to search unwatched overnight and how they didn’t do their jobs…..and how a Chris oddly started to separate from PE after all those comments. But anyways, my personal opinion doesn’t matter one bit, just all very interesting stuff in this case! (just IMHO of course)

Did not the defense bring up Gunnison as a place BM could possibly reside? Was he hoping to move in with M1? Or, was there another reason for wanting to be there? I don't know what county that would be. Just wondering.
I guess he didn't want to stay closer to M2?
Gunnison County

Well what a whiplash of emotions! I’m glad we will finally see the AA, but can you imagine how those people that are in that AA(even redacted) must feel about Barry getting released on bond?

They are probably terrified, IMO.

I pray they are able to find Suzanne soon!

@SouthAussie - do you think any of those pretrial publicity order violations might have to do with Stanley talking with ProfilingEvil or n a YouTube livestream? Just a few of the things I remember her saying, like that she sent Mike a portion of the jury instructions she likes to use and one she’s planning to use for this case, how they can go after BM with more federal charges, among other things.

I was a bit disappointed (but not entirely surprised) that Stanley took part in such an interview/livestream. I was more disappointed that PE thought this was a good idea to do, at that time they did it, but my opinion of them has unfortunately been getting a bit more negative ever since all that drama (my term for it) of Chris ranting seemingly endlessly about how the police left a potential crime scene / place to search unwatched overnight and how they didn’t do their jobs…..and how a Chris oddly started to separate from PE after all those comments. But anyways, my personal opinion doesn’t matter one bit, just all very interesting stuff in this case! (just IMHO of course)
Yes, I am assuming that was the issue....her participation in social media. If you recall there were a number of grievances from the defense that the judge put on hold until after the preliminary so I imagine they will be revisited at the hearing.

Well what a whiplash of emotions! I’m glad we will finally see the AA, but can you imagine how those people that are in that AA(even redacted) must feel about Barry getting released on bond?

I guess it depends on what's in it and what those people said. If you recall the judge had some concerns about character assassination in his original response.

Now that Barry has been allowed to bail out, he and his attorneys won’t care how long this takes to go to trial. I predict lots of stalling and jury pool tainting. So happy the AA is being release without the defense suggested redactions.
I disagree. I think they would want to get it to trial fairly quickly and not give the prosecution alot of time to tighten up their case.

Doesn't "People" mean the state? And the tweet was posted by CO Courts.
I thought it would be Morphew v People (the other way round), if it was the defense filing the motions about violations?

People v Morphew: motion hearing Nov. 9, 1:30 pm on discovery violations and contempt for violating the pretrial publicity order.
https://twitter.com/cocourts/status/1438995601337749514?s=21

State criminal charges are written as The People v Defendant.

Motions filed by the state (for the People) are identified with the letter "P" as in P-01, P-02, P-03, etc.

Similarly, Defense motions are labeled with designated "D" as D-o1, D-02, etc.

I would be terrified. Not being able to hunt with guns means too much idle time to ruminate on those he feels have wronged him. Like Frazee, he may try to do some "recruiting."
MOO

Unbelievable.
The one thing we learned from the prelim is how cunning and self preserving Barry is.
He made a lot of mistakes in the aftermath of killing Susan. But not enough it seems to hold him in jail?

He has had LOT OF TIME TO THINK and hatch a plan.

That judge better hand in his law degree if Barry finds a way to Mexico without a trace.

o_O moo

Gunnison is located in Gunnison County. Chaffee County towns for BM include:

Salida
Poncha Springs
Buena Vista
Johnson Village
Smeltertown

I wonder how long before the defense begins motioning the court for permission for BM to be allowed to travel to neighboring counties-- as well as across the state to work. BM and his bobcat have places to go and people to see! They will argue that BM should not be prevented from earning a living and that he's been pushing dirt for 35 + years with limited other skills. Just another reason why one hates to see 1st-degree murder defendants allowed release on bail. MOO

So, mixed emotions... but he is going to trial. So that is great! Just could have done without that bond. I was always under the impression there is no bond with 1st degree, but obviously had that completely wrong.

BTW, while Judge Murphy outlined the case against him, BM turned white as a sheet. It hit him, i think... A little at least...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123