Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confusion in MSM on that one. Here’s the latest clarification, imo:
Rick Stafford, the Petito family’s attorney, said that the records shouldn’t be read to indicate some kind of exchange between Laundrie and Joseph Petito that day.“From what I understand, on September 10 is when Joe Petito called the North Port, [Florida] police department to report his daughter missing,” Mr Stafford told The Independent. “That whole day he was in Vero Beach, which was on the other side of the state. ““He’s never even been to Brian Laundrie’s house, and he’s never been on the block,” Mr Stafford added. “If there is a report, when that report comes out, it’s going to be the missing persons report that was taken over the phone from Joe to the North Port police department.”
Gabby Petito: Family’s lawyer casts doubt on ‘incident’ with father at Laundrie’s home before missing report
Thank you very much ! Jeez this is spinning my head (it may also be a glass of wine)

For about 10 minutes I thought Gabby had been eaten by a bear, but then with BL hitchhiking around on the 29th and going to Jackson and offering $200 for a ride it doesn't make sense that is how he'd react to a bear attack. He'd probably have called park rangers or cops immediately. Even he would probably have reported a bear attack.
I can’t keep up with the thread! What is the scoop on hitchhiking?

Were they executing a search warrant? There's film of them going into the vehicle in the driveway. They can't do that without permission or a warrant, and a warrant would have to be based on sufficient probable cause that there was something in that car that could be destroyed if not searched. The car is the mustang. BE's?

Reposting this article to encourage those interested to watch the embedded 4:32 video of Gabby’s friend. Classy young gal, best FL friend & really sincere about their history as friends- but also what she observed between GP & BL long before vanlife. Very insightful imo.
Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online
Thanks JJ for sharing this.
I read reference to it earlier, went and looked and could not remember the headline to find it.

I am reading now :)

There's news articles that Gabby's dad was involved in a public service call to the Laundrie home on Sept 10th. Later it was announced the public service call was the police taking possession of Gabby's father's van on the Laundrie premises, and that her father had never been on the Laundrie property. Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident report evening before daughter reported missing
So he was co-owner of the van registered to his daughter? Or a lien holder?

Yes it does. If he in fact, was hearing voices and having trouble sleeping, as GP’s friend stated then he may have been exhibiting signs and symptoms of schizophrenia which usually manifests in the early 20’s.

This is just so horrible. His parents had to be aware of these symptoms, I would think. Perhaps they're just dopes and didn't comprehend the seriousness but, my God, Gabby never should have gone off in that van with him. The jealousy stuff was bad enough but hearing voices is get out of Dodge time. I can't believe that didn't scare the crap out of Gabby, even if she didn't know what it meant.

So, so, so sad and all preventable.

I find it a bit difficult to believe Brian is not there since the media has been camped out there and saw the moment LE arrived, right? Wouldn't they have seen Brian leave?

Brian could have left LONG before a missing person report was filed. He allegedly arrived 10 days earlier. I propose that he went directly to a psych ward and that he's still there.

I think he knew what he was doing, and knew what he was doing was wrong. That’s why he ran home to mommy and hasn’t cooperated.

Time will tell, but this doesn’t fit at all in regards to legitimate insanity claims.
I agree. Insanity defense isn't hearing voices or having a mental illness. It's proving that the suspect did not know the difference between whether their actions were "right or wrong." I'm not sure we remotely have a case for that currently.

If BL indeed suffers from the condition described by GP’s friend, then I don’t think he would be “plotting” anything for a defense. He may possibly have a very serious medical condition, one that could have rendered him very confused.

This is starting to seem like it’s going to be a very tragic situation for all parties.

wait WHAT?

“#BREAKING: Just spoke to the #Laundrie attorney and #BrianLaundrie’s whereabouts are unknown at this time. The FBI is currently at the Laundrie residence removing property to assist in locating Brian. As of now the FBI is now looking for both Gabby and Brian. @fox5ny #FindGabby”

https://twitter.com/jodigfox5ny/status/1439029163348922370?s=21

I'm thinking she was using a VPN as others theorized earlier. I guess it's common in van-life, but idk why.
I am super tech deficient so I assume that’s the case. But I’ve always been under the impression that a VPN hides your IP address but cannot spoof your GPS location. Either way, I’m glad someone called this in so those smarter than I am can look into it. I find it bizarre and a bit chilling that her default location says Puerto Rico.

I saw someone else report this on another site (can’t remember where) and some people that use this app were checking to see if it accurately reported their location. Some people said it was accurate and others said it wasn’t. So I am not sure how reliable it is.
AllTrails Pro user here. The location is set when you make your account or update it. It's really common to not put your real location on any of the hiking/camping apps, especially as a female traveler. There are some major creeps on the road.

wait WHAT?

“#BREAKING: Just spoke to the #Laundrie attorney and #BrianLaundrie’s whereabouts are unknown at this time. The FBI is currently at the Laundrie residence removing property to assist in locating Brian. As of now the FBI is now looking for both Gabby and Brian. @fox5ny #FindGabby”

https://twitter.com/jodigfox5ny/status/1439029163348922370?s=21

As if he wasn’t looking guilty enough… I really hope the parents told them something finally, if for no other reason to help find their son.

So he was co-owner of the van registered to his daughter? Or a lien holder?
I don't know, it just said that Petito's name was listed twice in connection with the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr