Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot covid existed for a second :eek:

That is an excellent point you make about wearing a mask. I wondered how he could possibly go anywhere since the whole country knows him now, but it may be relatively easy to hide with a mask, etc., based on the mob at his house, he better hope no one figures out who he is.

YES, definitely he had time to buy his makeup costumes and his IG has lots of drawings on that. LE has to get the neighbor's door-cam footage of their front and back doors if possible and watch it from last week of August till now to examine everyone who would have entered or exited

None that I have found- I’ve updated the media thread and the earliest reports put t
Her van back at their home 9/1 -
Thanks! I’ve been keeping up with your TL all day. Good stuff.

I’m curious, even though it does take away from Gabby’s disappearance a bit, if there’s a way to confirm that is was him who brought the van back and if so, who was he in contact with other than his parents? Has anyone seen him? At all?

A

A person has the right to do and go where they want - but the police also have a right to track him. Tracking him isn't preventing him from going anywhere.
Maybe LE knows he's not involved with her murder. Maybe they know something we don't. That may be why they weren't tailing him. They could come out and say he's not a suspect. We'd all say whaaaa? I agree things don't look good for BL, but there is this nagging feeling that he's not guilty. Clearly you don't want me on the jury.

Interesting Karma at play here. BL parents silent, with seemingly no empathy for Gabbys parents distress.
And now they’re experiencing it first hand. Will they expect empathy.

YEP! and I do believe in Karma, 100%. Ms Petito's fiance is missing, will his parents now reach out to her parents.

VPN’s allow a user to geo-spoof. Many online media services require a location to use with your membership. Hulu us an example…but many services can detect these VPN’s…however…it’s still common to use them-especially while traveling when a static IP isn’t possible.
Quoting your post since this thread has moved so fast that I can't find the one you're responding to (Alkali).

Yes, VPN's definitely provide the ability to geo-spoof. *If* one was at play here, it would have greatest use in allowing them to connect to a secure network - which a public cafe spot is anything but. There are a lot of privacy concerns regarding connecting to popular open Wifi spots and the safeness.

Basically what I mean to say: the benefit of a VPN here would be to protect their connection to the public Wifi network, and the actual geolocation is totally irrelevant to them in this scenario.

Uh oh - North Point police broadcasting that they didn't have any obligation to track BL because he isn't being charged with a crime.

Isn't tracking someone part of finding out if there's been a crime? Isn't it part of an investigation?
I find this confusing. Sure he wasn’t charged with anything but he was named a POI. Isn’t that enough? Esp for one that you know travels a lot and is familiar enough with being “off grid” (ish) to make sure to have a tail on him so he’s not leaving town?

Wow, Josh Taylor is angry. You can tell this is a man that cares, he wants to find Gabby and he's not happy that he was blindsided by the Laundrie family like this. My heart goes out to him, he sounds tired and this has got to be exhausting.
But...that is NOT what he said at all. He took issue w/ rumors and comments online. And pretty much told everyone they don't know what is going on.

He requested the interview. He called into the station. He needs to take a break next time before a call like that.

First post.
I suspect, IMHO, that police may have been looking in BL's parents' silver Ford Mustang for a firearm. Parents have not heard from BL since Tuesday, and perhaps they just discovered their concealed carry pistol missing from car, causing them to call police out of concern for BL. JUST MY THOUGHTS.
Omg if they have a conceal and carry that’s where it may be stored - sigh

really excellent sleuthing @Mr. Malinois

Careful not to get carried away with the friend talking about BL having mental illness. They are young and on SM. Self diagnoses is popular on SM and many young people claim it on SM.
I am not downplaying mental illness just stating they were not on medication and as far as we know they were not seeing doctors for it so until then it is just Gabby's friends opinion not fact.
well yes but she didn’t say that she described bf trouble sleeping and hearing voices

While these people aren't exactly the best at reporting people missing in a timely manner, at least they are getting better. We've gone from never, to 3 days.

Progress. Or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member