Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot covid existed for a second

That is an excellent point you make about wearing a mask. I wondered how he could possibly go anywhere since the whole country knows him now, but it may be relatively easy to hide with a mask, etc., based on the mob at his house, he better hope no one figures out who he is.

FWIW, BL’s Depop account has plenty of photos of his face close up wearing a mask (to sell masks with his designs). Probably would be useful to circulate those.

His attorney is a very well know and highly skilled one.

This feels very much like it needs a IMO/MOO disclaimer. ha ha (MOO)

That sounds very lame to me. If they were not working on a crime investigation, IMO, they should have been.

I think you’re misunderstanding. They’re saying there is no evidence of a crime yet. So it is not a crime investigation. They are not saying that they aren’t investigating to see if there WAS/IS a crime. There just isn’t evidence yet that there has been a crime. There could be in the future.

Obstruction of justice, if they find out his parents helped him elude the police in a case where he is the only POI. It’s against the law to assist a suspect in getting away or hiding from LE. It appears that after seeing him for rhe last time on Tuesday, he left and his parents waited for three days before calling the police. Looks pretty suspicious-if LE can prove via cell phones or other electronic media that they waited until Brian was out of their (LE’s) hands, they’ll be arrested
Considering the police just released a statement that Brian was last seen donning a hiking backpack "with waist straps," I'm going to assume <modsnip> that he wasn't spotted in person by his parents in his backyard. I'm going to say that it seems more probable his parents were in contact with him electronically, and he was somehow still in the wilderness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabby has become a national, if not international person, missing, and with additional interest. She documented her journey, and became a missing person while doing so. Her closest contact, and alleged fiancee, is in hiding. Yet the plot thickens with more detail. I don't believe that LE should be light from this point forward. And I do not doubt they have gathered enough to hold him. <modsnip -no link to MSM article> Explains the lawyering up from day one. Dad also likely has him hidden.
They thought? Sounds like Brian’s parents told the agents that he was in the house. Which is absurd - if the police actually did go inside - the house is modest-sized, not a palace. He wasn’t off in the East wing. So, did his parents LIE to the police? Were the FBI there too? Did BL’s parents also lie to Federal agents about the whereabouts of a POI in a multi-state investigation?
It's been reported they went to the Laundries door and the person answering the door gave LE the lawyers phone number and name.

Obstruction of justice, if they find out his parents helped him elude the police in a case where he is the only POI. It’s against the law to assist a suspect in getting away or hiding from LE. It appears that after seeing him for rhe last time on Tuesday, he left and his parents waited for three days before calling the police. Looks pretty suspicious-if LE can prove via cell phones or other electronic media that they waited until Brian was out of their (LE’s) hands, they’ll be arrested
I don't think anyone can be held in the USA without an arrest, POI's are free to travel and aren't required to check in with anyone.
Even a suspect has to be arrested to be detained.
The only other citizens who cannot travel are people who have that stipulation in their bail or probation.

He's hasn't been charged with a crime. He could have walked up to a cop and told him he was going to New York and the cop couldn't have stopped him.

I didn't understand the app discussion of the PR location. Did they determine she had intended to go there, or had been there? Can anyone put that determination in layman's terms?

I believe people are just referring to her location on the AllTrails app, I think it was. But we can’t confirm that it’s accurate. Some people have checked and for some it’s accurate for others it’s not. I don’t think it tracks your location live unless you’re currently on a trail with it on.

They may have had him admitted to a psych hospital on Tuesday and still say they haven’t seen him since then.
If that is the case, I can't imagine they would contact LE and waste resources trying to find him under the impression "he could be anywhere." HIPAA would protect him from the public knowing he was there but I don't think he would have been reported missing. MOO

For real, the optics... phew this is crazy. This isn't gonna help at all.
This case is reminiscent of what domestic violence cases can result in. Its association to vanlife is only a matter of coincidence. I’ve been living “vanlife” on and off for past several years and solidly for the past year. It’s wonderful and I plan to continue, with my partner who is also wonderful and supportive. This isn’t about vanlife. It’s about two young adults who were in an extremely toxic relationship.
Correct. The van life experience may have exacerbated their problems but with her friends speaking out, it is obvious their dynamic was not healthy. They are still just growing up.

It is important to have some time to grow as an individual before committing to marriage, IMO. These two were not ready in my view and may not have been temperamentally well matched even if there weren't mental health questions in play.

I don't want to over analyze but Gabby has a lot of potential and serves a partner who supports her. Brian needS to get some goals and have some independence to determine who he is and what he wants in life.

Of course, unless she is found alive unharmed, none of this matters.
JMHO

I’m wondering if he isn’t trying to sneak back to where ever he “left” her because he‘s feeling unsure that he found a enough hiding spot now that it’s getting so much publicity. I hate saying that, but maybe if he does he’ll lead LE right to her. MOO

I don’t know. If he has read any mystery books ever in his whole entire life he should know that would be the dumbest move ever.

If he’s smart, he’s left the country. Even though it makes no sense at all for this to have all gone down like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member