Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said it before, but I think it’s really important to remember that Brian is just some 23-24 year old young adult who wanted to go on a long roadtrip with his girlfriend and not a criminal mastermind.

I see so many people here and other places suggesting that he was plotting or planning stuff like disappearing from the beginning and I think so of us have read too many crime novels.

More than likely, the news of being a POI scared the dickens out of him because he’s guilty as all heck and he ran. I would also guess that his plan this entire time hasn’t really been a plan- just a serious of actions and reactions as he is running scared from LE, even before they knew anything was wrong.

His comments to the TikTokker that allegedly picked him up speak volumes here. He had no trouble speaking to LE in Moab so we know he does talk to the police. I believe the ones who encouraged Brian to invoke his 5th amendment rights were his parents. They seem to be the secretive ones who are trying to protect their son.

This all means that Brian is very very very likely to have made major mistakes in all of this. He probably believed, as so many people do, that they’d never find her body or never look too hard into her disappearance and just take his word for what happened. But when he realized that the hikes they were taking were all carefully recorded on The Dyrt and their phones had other valuable stored information that can be retrieved through their network carrier, he panicked and ran.

I just want to reiterate- I think we are giving Brian way too much credit to assume he has some great plan here. I think he’s a 20-something baby adult who is way in over his head.
Totally agree. Which is why I think if GP is deceased, she will be found quickly. Probably by this W/E. If he's found alive, also probably happen this W/E IMO, he might finally talk. Let's hope. I would love to think GP just needed some space, but come one, we've all seen things like this before.

I get the impression that both sets of parents weren't too thrilled about the relationship in the first place, and that this may be the root of a certain animosity between them that was already there way before GP went missing.
I get the same feeling. Not a good healthy relationship to be traveling and living in a van.

Re "Van" locations.

Do LE have "ANPR" (Automatic number-plate recognition) in the US?

ANPR devices work by scanning vehicle registrations and checking them against information stored in databases, including the Police National Computer to identify vehicles of interest to the police, such as stolen cars, those involved in crimes or vulnerable missing persons.
All police forces have real-time access to ANPR camera data through direct links to the National ANPR Data Centre.[3] Effectively, the police (and the security services) can track any car (technically any number plate) around the country in close to real time.[6]

Automatic number-plate recognition in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

Fundamentally. Police can enter a registration into the data base and if it has been picked up by ANPR camera anywhere in the country they can track it's movements from the first to it's last capture, in real time or subsequently. If a subjects vehicle travels from point A to point B and the suspect says they were not there the data will prove otherwise, the time and date, unless the subject reports the car stolen (In person) before the capture and on or around the capture and they can not geographically (distance) possibly be in two places at once. Which may suggest cooperation, especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose.

Moo
Yep, but the US is less centralized than a lot of countries, so it's on a jurisdiction-by-jurisdiction, city-by-city, county-by-county, state-by-state basis. I lived in one city where it was widely used to find cars that had unpaid parking tickets so that the cars could be impounded. But there are also plenty of jurisdictions that don't have it at all. Increasingly, highways on the East Coast have them instead of having toll booths, so that you just get a bill in the mail based on your license plate. I'm less familiar with what's going on in the middle and west of the country vis a vis tolls and plate scanners.

Last edited:
They still can't force him to answer questions but they can try. Or, if he's caught doing something illegally they will have a reason to detain him. At this point I would think LE will take any opportunity to question him.
At this point at least get him on record refusing to answer anything. Reminds me of Paul Flores in the Kristin Smart disappearance when the civil suit started.

I am a bit incensed to see all of the searchers descend on a location to search for Brian and they have no idea where to search for Gabby! I hope they find him alive and I am NOT impressed with the way he or his family/representatives have handled this. Gabby deserves so much more and so do her loved ones!

Except if I know you murdered someone, and I help you get to somewhere police can't find you, I am an accomplice. If I know only that you're a POI then I am guilty of nothing. You would have to believe that at no point did he tell his parents anything that implicates him in a crime.
Except if I know you murdered someone, and I help you get to somewhere police can't find you, I am an accomplice. If I know only that you're a POI then I am guilty of nothing. You would have to believe that at no point did he tell his parents anything that implicates him in a crime.

MOO You would have to prove they knew he committed a crime not just believe they knew.

RE: about Gabby's credit card use.

I can't find anything in MSM to support that.
I didn't quote the post because I suspect it will be deleted without a link to prove it.

I think it was part of the image he was going for. Being one with nature, respecting the Earth, feeling a sense of freedom and mindfulness, etc. I don't really see it odd because it is a familiar concept in yoga, some spiritual practices, lovers of nature communities. I am not sure how authentic it was for him vs trying to create a persona/ image, though. MOO

ETA, HI! I didn't even realize I was replying to your comment.
I noticed he had rock stacking in some photos and thought about his spiritual practices and meditations.. maybe just for the photo but he appears to want to be in tune with nature.

I got permission to post the map that someone has put together matching GP’s hiking app history, the known facts we have about the crucial last days of August and the potential hitchhiking interaction.

The person who made it said I can share but asked me to share their theory elaborating on the showers and van too, which I’ll do a bit later once I’ve edited it and knocked it into the kind of shape that fits the rules over here!

Attachments

• 9AC5839C-15C9-4192-A2B8-B1685A7291AE.jpeg
    9AC5839C-15C9-4192-A2B8-B1685A7291AE.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 137
My husband and I checked the AllTrails app and his phone did indeed say Florida and hers said PR. It’s not an app we knew anything about previously so I can’t speak to its reliability. I do however think that her phone could easily have been mailed there. IMO.

I have AllTrails Pro and I just checked my own location. It says I'm in Maine, but I'm in Virginia right now. But Maine is where I downloaded and set up the app and the last place I used it. Just FYI

FBI Searching for Brian Laundrie as Gabby Petito case continues to gain national attention - NBC2 News (nbc-2.com)
[...]

As of Saturday morning, the North Port Police Department is searching the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park and Carlton Reserve on foot.

SEARCH-FOR-LAUNDRIE-IS-ON-1024x567.jpg

Officers said Laundrie was known to frequent this park.

According to his family, Laundrie entered the park earlier this week.

North Port police originally believed Brian was inside the family’s North Port home until Friday evening. Investigators said there is still no official crime here, and these are still being considered multiple missing person cases.

[...]
I guess they have to take his family's word that he went to this park, but I'd be taking it with a giant grain of salt at this point. On one hand, if they are legitimately worried about him, then this might be good and valid info. But, on the other hand, if someone were trying to buy him time, directing LE's focus (and apparently it is a big focus) to this park while BL was actually in a completely different area/headed a different way would be very effective. MOO IMO

FBI Searching for Brian Laundrie as Gabby Petito case continues to gain national attention - NBC2 News (nbc-2.com)
[...]

As of Saturday morning, the North Port Police Department is searching the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park and Carlton Reserve on foot.

SEARCH-FOR-LAUNDRIE-IS-ON-1024x567.jpg

Officers said Laundrie was known to frequent this park.

According to his family, Laundrie entered the park earlier this week.

North Port police originally believed Brian was inside the family’s North Port home until Friday evening. Investigators said there is still no official crime here, and these are still being considered multiple missing person cases.

[...]
WOW....They knew he was gone early in the week. Did they have to wait a certain amount of time to report him missing? Poor parents are worried about him. See how that works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000