Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could BL flying to FL be a lie GP told her parents? I did RV life and a few days at a hotel sounds so nice sometimes. I can only imagine van life feeling even more cramped and tiring sometimes. Especially when you’re having relationship issues. Maybe they didn’t have the funds so they made that up so her parents would pay for a hotel for her to stay at so she’d be safer than staying in the van alone while he was “gone”. MOO

I totally agree that the whole "no shoes" thing is handled weirdly. I mean, I never, ever wear hats. I just don't like them, never have. I don't wear them skiing, which is pretty unusual, and I don't wear baseball caps or straw hats to keep the sun off of my face and head. I just find them uncomfortable and unnecessary.

Above is literally the most I have ever said on the subject! I mean, every once in a while, people comment or offer me one or ask why I'm not wearing one, and I usually just say "nah, I'm fine, I don't really like hats. Thanks." I've never even really thought this much about it.

Why make such a big thing about being barefoot? I prefer wearing sneakers to hiking boots when I'm hiking even the most challenging terrain because I feel like I'm more agile when my ankles can move separately from my feet. Again, that is pretty much the most I've ever said about it.

The only thing I can think of is that he's just so boring and personality-less that he needs some defining feature so that he doesn't just feel like one in any old six-pack of people.

Very odd.

It’s not odd at all. There’s a whole barefoot lifestyle. It’s super common in many cultures and in the US within yoga and natural health circles and is seen as a fitness / health accomplishment do be able to do so in all terrains . Its a sport in and of itself. It would be no different then talking about being a biker except there is no bike.

Also the common misconception is one has to “build up callouses” to do this and the opposite is actually true. Ive been barefoot for my entire life unless shoes are required (it’s part of my culture) as has my son and we are both avid and accomplished outdoorsman. My son plays soccer barefoot.

How far is the park from the parents home, is it walkable?
To get from his parents place to
Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park
6968 Reisterstown Rd is 5 miles down Sumter Blvd. There are few sidewalks on Sumter, especially out by the I-75 overpass. Once he gets to Tropicaire Blvd, again few sidewalks if any. North Port Estates that butts up against this park is an area of 3-5 acre homesteads. People with horses ride along the roads and trails. I can assure you everyone knows everyone else's business. That has been the case for years. I looked at property there a few times.

upload_2021-9-18_11-25-38.png

WOW!

" She met Mr. Laundrie at Bayport-Blue Point High School on Long Island, Mr. Schmidt said. They began dating after graduation and moved two years ago to Florida, he said." Parents of ‘Person of Interest’ in Van Mystery Say They Haven’t Seen Him in Days
That's not at all what her mom said after reporting her disappearance. She said they had a relationship or date-ship in highschool, then "rekindled" it post-highschool. I can't go way back and find that statement of hers, and maybe it doesn't matter; maybe it's more a matter of semantics as to what she called their association during HS. But I notice inconsistencies like that.

I am a bit incensed to see all of the searchers descend on a location to search for Brian and they have no idea where to search for Gabby! I hope they find him alive and I am NOT impressed with the way he or his family/representatives have handled this. Gabby deserves so much more and so do her loved ones!
I doubt that there is a single resource being used in Florida that would have been in Wyoming. We have a lot of LE in this country capable of searching many more areas than they are now

SEP 18, 2021
Police and FBI are searching for Brian Laundrie, fiancé of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito - CBS News
Authorities said they are searching for Laundrie in the Carlton Reserve, a county park in Florida's Sarasota County.

"His family says they believe he entered the area earlier this week. More details when available," the North Port Police tweeted on Saturday morning.

Gabby Petito: Police searching for her fiancé, family says he's been missing for days: LIVE UPDATES (foxnews.com)
North Port police confirmed Saturday morning that multiple law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, are searching Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie.

Laundrie's family cited the reserve as his last location, saying he had headed there earlier this week. His family reported him missing Friday night, saying they had last seen him on Tuesday.

I am a bit incensed to see all of the searchers descend on a location to search for Brian and they have no idea where to search for Gabby! I hope they find him alive and I am NOT impressed with the way he or his family/representatives have handled this. Gabby deserves so much more and so do her loved ones!
I see the current search for him as much more of a search for Gabby in that finding BL could lead to her location. It is a discrete location vs. all the huge potential areas that Gabby might be located.

It's possible that BL's parents are both afraid for him and of him. Whichever, it appears that the idea of "remaining in the background" is finished.
I think as LE said, they're concerned FOR him. My sense watching that domestic video again is that GP and BL are two fragile, co-dependent souls who couldn't hurt anyone but each other, and very likely did.

RE: Hitchhiking to Jackson

I don't think he wanted to go to Jackson, Wyoming. I think he wanted to go to Jackson, IDAHO. Then when 'Jackson Hole' was mentioned, he realized they were going to Jackson, Wyoming. It makes more sense that he would offer $200 for the much longer ride to Idaho than just 10 miles down the road.

I have a hunch that if they find her body it will be in Idaho, not Wyoming.

I thought that earlier on too but someone pointed out that Jackson, Idaho is barely a village, just a collection of houses, let alone a city, and is unlikely to be somewhere an outsider has heard of or would especially want to go.

The parents don't necessarily know where he went. They probably knew he was taking off, but would not report him as missing for a few days. But if they suspect at all that he is suicidal, they are not doing themselves any favors. Of course, if they DO know where he went, then they are obstructing a now-federal investigation.jmo

I think his parents knew he was taking off also. WFLA quotes his parents saying he was last seen Tuesday wearing a hiking bag and a waist strap

I’ve said it before, but I think it’s really important to remember that Brian is just some 23-24 year old young adult who wanted to go on a long roadtrip with his girlfriend and not a criminal mastermind.

I see so many people here and other places suggesting that he was plotting or planning stuff like disappearing from the beginning and I think so of us have read too many crime novels.

More than likely, the news of being a POI scared the dickens out of him because he’s guilty as all heck and he ran. I would also guess that his plan this entire time hasn’t really been a plan- just a serious of actions and reactions as he is running scared from LE, even before they knew anything was wrong.

His comments to the TikTokker that allegedly picked him up speak volumes here. He had no trouble speaking to LE in Moab so we know he does talk to the police. I believe the ones who encouraged Brian to invoke his 5th amendment rights were his parents. They seem to be the secretive ones who are trying to protect their son.

This all means that Brian is very very very likely to have made major mistakes in all of this. He probably believed, as so many people do, that they’d never find her body or never look too hard into her disappearance and just take his word for what happened. But when he realized that the hikes they were taking were all carefully recorded on The Dyrt and their phones had other valuable stored information that can be retrieved through their network carrier, he panicked and ran.

I just want to reiterate- I think we are giving Brian way too much credit to assume he has some great plan here. I think he’s a 20-something baby adult who is way in over his head.

I completely agree with you. I think you have a highly anxious girl and laid back guy who wanted a cool travel experience together. Living together is hard, worse when it’s less than 100 sq feet. There was no plan here. He’s flying blind and freaking out. Whatever happened was not planned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member