Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
13014590.jpg

The public are being urged to call 999 if a missing man from Richmond is seen.

Antonino Coppola, 23, hasn't been seen since September 16.

He is Italian, of slim build and is 6ft tall.

He was wearing a white t-shirt, black trousers and orange Nike trainers when he was last seen.

Call 101 with any information or 999 if he is spotted using reference number 21MIS028497.

Call 999 if you see man, 23, missing from Richmond

Here is a video with details about it. It seems he felt unwell and got off the London Underground train at the Bow Road station , at 13:00 hrs on 16th September, in search of a bathroom. His friend waited on the platform with their bags but Antonino did not return.

It appears that news of his disappearance has been widely shared on both UK and Italian social media. The tv programme Chi l’ha visto is also on the case. Let’s hope he’s found soon x

Regarding Antonino Coppola

The problem is that missing men are often not a priority for Police in UK. JMO MOO.

Someone who knows him should go ask all the local businesses and the train station if they have any CCTV footage as often the Police are too busy to do that. Before any footage gets wiped.

I've looked on Google maps. If you stand at the only entrance of Bow Road Station and look for somewhere that might have a bathroom (a cafe or pub or possibly a petrol station) you would tend to turn left, but as you walk along there its all estate agents and schools, a car or van sales (or rental?) place and eventually after a long walk (if you are desperate for the toilet, as the video stated) you find a Cafe Romana. However if you turned right, even though you can't see much to the right there is a pub the other side of the bridge. Maybe he knew the area or I wonder if he was a stranger to that area?

To go missing in the middle of the day is very strange. JMO MOO

Last edited:
13014590.jpg

The public are being urged to call 999 if a missing man from Richmond is seen.

Antonino Coppola, 23, hasn't been seen since September 16.

He is Italian, of slim build and is 6ft tall.

He was wearing a white t-shirt, black trousers and orange Nike trainers when he was last seen.

Call 101 with any information or 999 if he is spotted using reference number 21MIS028497.

Call 999 if you see man, 23, missing from Richmond

The title of this thread is incorrect. He went missing in Bow, East London. He lives in Richmond, Surrey and is from Positano in Italy. Heads up @MsMiniSleuth

The title of this thread is incorrect. He went missing in Bow, East London. He lives in Richmond, Surrey and is from Positano in Italy. Heads up @MsMiniSleuth

A mod has changed my original title! What it said first was:

"Antonino Coppola, 23, Richmond, Surrey, 16 Sep 2021, may have travelled by train to Bow"

- which was all that was known at time of posting.

Last edited:
The family need proof from CCTV at the London Underground train station that Anthony left the station and what direction he walked. They might assume the Police will do this but the Police are under resourced and, as sadly seen in others cases in Websleuths, don't seem to prioritise missing young men. JMO MOO

Last edited:
The family need proof from CCTV at the London Underground train station that Anthony left the station and what direction he walked. They might assume the Police will do this but the Police are under resourced and, as sadly seen in others cases in Websleuths, don't seem to prioritise missing young men. JMO MOO
According to social media for Italians in London, the police have started looking for him. I can’t put a link to Fb here, but friends/family have confirmed this.

The desperate mother of a missing 23-year-old said she feels she's "dying inside" since her son disappeared four days ago.

Antonino Coppola, 23, has been missing since September 16 in a disappearance that his family said is "out of character".

Antonino, who was supposed to start his new waitering job today, was on the tube with a friend when he reported having a stomach pain and had to get off.

CCTV footage shows Antonino, who has been in London for almost three years, exiting Bow Road tube station in east London in search for a bathroom.

His friend, who was new to London and relied on Antonino's guidance to get around, waited for him at the station but he never returned.

Family and friends of the former assistant manager from Positano, Italy, have become increasingly concerned over his welfare as he hasn't been seen since.

His mum, Maria Russo, told the Mirror she hopes her son is found "as soon as possible" as she pleaded with anyone who may have information to come forward and assist police with their inquiries.

"I am worried to death. I am speaking now for my son's sake as we need to find him, but I can't even talk to other people about it because of how much it hurts, I feel like I'm dying."

Mrs Russo said her son's behaviour is odd as they always had a very "honest" relationship which meant she was informed about his whereabouts.

"He used to call me even twice a day, he is really affectionate, and he would never have left his friend alone at the station with his suitcase knowing that he didn't know where he had to go."

0_Antonino-Coppola.jpg

Mum's desperate plea to find son, 23, who vanished after getting off London tube

So presumably he was on the District Line and got off at Bow Road.

With so many facilities closed since Covid, it looks like an area he might have had trouble finding a toilet in.

Or was that just a ruse to get away?

Just a short walk from Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park. No doubt police have scouted around there?

The desperate mother of a missing 23-year-old said she feels she's "dying inside" since her son disappeared four days ago.

Antonino Coppola, 23, has been missing since September 16 in a disappearance that his family said is "out of character".

Antonino, who was supposed to start his new waitering job today, was on the tube with a friend when he reported having a stomach pain and had to get off.

CCTV footage shows Antonino, who has been in London for almost three years, exiting Bow Road tube station in east London in search for a bathroom.

His friend, who was new to London and relied on Antonino's guidance to get around, waited for him at the station but he never returned.

Family and friends of the former assistant manager from Positano, Italy, have become increasingly concerned over his welfare as he hasn't been seen since.

His mum, Maria Russo, told the Mirror she hopes her son is found "as soon as possible" as she pleaded with anyone who may have information to come forward and assist police with their inquiries.

"I am worried to death. I am speaking now for my son's sake as we need to find him, but I can't even talk to other people about it because of how much it hurts, I feel like I'm dying."

Mrs Russo said her son's behaviour is odd as they always had a very "honest" relationship which meant she was informed about his whereabouts.

"He used to call me even twice a day, he is really affectionate, and he would never have left his friend alone at the station with his suitcase knowing that he didn't know where he had to go."

0_Antonino-Coppola.jpg

Mum's desperate plea to find son, 23, who vanished after getting off London tube

Oh his poor mum. Does this mean he definitely is spotted on CCTV leaving the station? Its a true situation? No made up by the friend? It does sound like its true with the new friend with a suitcase who didn't know how to get to his destination waiting on the platform for the unwell friend. I wonder if they spoke the same languages?

I wish we knew which way AC turned when he came out of the station as left is a long walk (If you are unwell) until you reach the Cafe Romana and right you go under the bridge and come to a pub. Unless he took side streets to go somewhere quite and be unwell.

From reading what his mum has said, could it be that he has innocently got locked inside a building and can't get out whilst looking for a toilet? It's very strange to go missing in middle of the day.

JMO MOO

Last edited:
So presumably he was on the District Line and got off at Bow Road.

With so many facilities closed since Covid, it looks like an area he might have had trouble finding a toilet in.

Or was that just a ruse to get away?

Just a short walk from Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park. No doubt police have scouted around there?

Just checked maps and yes the cemetery is very close. Well spotted.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back