Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES. "He doesn't think I can do it" is one of the first things she told LE when she walked near the curb. In-between sobs & wiping her eyes. My heart fell out of my chest when I heard that. Unprompted. She could have said anything about their fight, but she chose those words, that her man doesn't believe in her dream. Others of course will interpret these words differently. I felt I caught the abuse right then & there, beyond any reasonable doubt. I'm going to light a candle for her tonight, as soon as the sun sets in Salt Lake. I really think she's gone. Now it's a matter of recovery, then the ability to tie him to it. [moo, immso]

The 310,000 acre Grand Teton park has more than 485 square miles of backcountry, most of which is requires hiking in. “Members of search unit at the park can be air lifted to various remote areas for a search,” the ranger said. “They don’t tell us specifics they sort of do what they do.”

Petito’s stepfather, Jim Schmidt, who is in Wyoming trying to aid the search for her, told DailyMail.com, they are confident she made it to the area, but aren’t sure where she may have been camping.

The news outlet found a list of backcountry sites in the park on a camping website called thedyrt.com registered to “Gabby and Brian V.” Reporters visited several of the sites, including one that showed recent signs of grizzly bear activity, one of many predators that live in the park.

The ranger also said he believes “there may also be a search going on in a remote area of Yellowstone National Park.”

It’s not clear where in Yellowstone the rangers might be searching. One 50-square mile section of the park edges over the border into Idaho, which some have called the “zone of death” because of a theory that a murder there.
Rangers searching Grant Teton, Yellowstone for woman – Leak Herald

Reposting: to include paper
Michigan State University law professor Brian C Kalt explains the area in his 2005 Georgetown Law Journal paper, known as The Perfect Crime
Gabby called family near 'zone of death' where 'perfect murder' could happen

The Perfect Crime by Brian C. Kalt :: SSRN

Couldn’t it be that if he is indeed hiding out, he would hear the searchers and flee from them?

Unless:

1. He’s deceased.
2. It’s a ruse; he was never there, and had days to leave the country.
They did utilize drones, and may have used helicopters too. If he moved, that wouldn't necessarily have been a bad thing.

My suspicion is he was never there. If he is there, then I'm not expecting him to be alive.

I’m super interested to know the last time someone physically saw Brian, other than his parents. They are losing credibly at this point for me. And I’m someone who always, ALWAYS refuses to assume or speculate.

Aug. 29th at Jackson Dam if LE can corroborate the TIK TOK video (which they are working on)

@Cindizzi -I finally found it! Of course I’m on mobile and can’t figure out how to pull the post from thread a#8 lol. Here’s a copy paste with a link!

This is a post from @shelbycat
In reference to my previous post as to when the the silver mustang appeared and has been parked and not moved in the driveway…

live feed time stamp ca. -2.25

Reporter (Alison) says “two days” so since Wednesday. The parents are reporting Tuesday was the last time they saw him.

#GABBYPETITO BREAKING: Police Enter Brian Laundrie's Florida Home Before Gabby Petito Prayer Vigil

Awesome. Thanks! If I did this right, here is the post with video.

WY - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439378369364246531?s=20

Interesting new detail: Brian Laundrie’s parents say they last saw him Tuesday when *he went for a hike at Carlton Reserve* according to police. Authorities tonight say they are trying to corroborate the parents story.
bbm
"Trying to..."
Sounds like LE are suspicious of what was told to them ?

In a way, since it was reported from my earlier post/reply -- Brian was agitated and what about the possibility that he's armed ?
I don't want LE to be hurt or worse !
I do think that if they're on a wild goose chase, LE are not going to be amused -- to put it mildly.
Imo.

I don't see that. Based on things I've heard from GPs parents, (and yes, they have reasons), but they are confrontational. I assume BL doesn't get along with them. I've seen no evidence to say he's not a nice person. I have seen evidence that P and BL love each other.

I’m confused why you’ve assumed they didn’t get along - or more importantly what difference it would make. Firstly, Brian and his parents spent time at Joe and Nichole’s house, so they must have gotten along to some degree. Secondly, would you really not help someone because you found them a little confrontational? I don’t like my ex or his family but if I received a desperate message from them because their son was missing, I would answer them immediately. I would help in anyway I could. Who wouldn’t?

Their daughter is missing. They are absolutely desperate. The last contact they had with Gabby was around August 25. Brian was actually with her, and yet he refuses to tell them when HE last saw or spoke to her. This is critical and time sensitive information. And this is a nice person? No. No this is absolutely not a nice person IMO. This is the complete opposite of a nice person.

His silence is torture for them, absolute torture.

In FL, most LE responses to an address are public record and available. At the moment I forget the process, so I'll have to think about it (haven't done this in a while). Does anyone know how to do a quick check to see how many calls/responses at this address since Gabby moved in, or say in the last 18 months. This is a list and includes everything, not just arrests or DV. This is Gabby's residence, so it should be okay to sleuth?

I can't stop thinking that BL leaving the car at the Reserve was a plant. He expected LE to find it (or someone to report a car there) and waste time searching the Reserve while he was elsewhere. His parents botched the plan by returning the car home. And then reinvigorated the plan by reporting it to LE.

This really is a waste of energy. Although state laws may differ slightly, generally auto theft is the unauthorized taking or control of an auto with the intent to permanently deprive the owner of possession. Given the circumstances here, it would be nearly impossible to convict BL of theft of the van even if he murdered GP. You'd have a hard time proving that GP rescinded her obvious permission for him to have and operate the van before she died, that BL knew he didn't have permission, and that BL intended to permanently deprive GP or her estate of the use or possession of the van. No prosecutor is going to pursue that, especially when the van was surrender to the NPPD and the priority is finding GP.

HARD agree.

if you give someone permission to use your car, verbally or via insurance, it’s very unlikely you will be charged with auto theft. He had permission to drive the van from Gabby.

Super respectfully, it doesn’t affect this case or her disappearance either way.

Do we know how he got to the park to hike on Tuesday? If he drove the family's silver car, it is now back in the driveway. Is there another car out there or did he take a bus or taxi to the park on Tuesday?
ABC Action News reported that Brian went hiking on Tuesday, and his parents found the Mustang in the parking lot where they’re searching and drove it home.

Reporter Brian Entin tweeted that he noticed the Mustang was not on the driveway on Tuesday, and he noticed it on Wednesday. (He guessed that it was parked there at night.)

Yes I agree. You are probably right here.

I brought this up a long time ago. She definitely demonstrated that he grabbed her jaw, and she did the motion twice to the police. IMO when person is trying to push you back during an argument, they would grab your shoulders or arms, NOT your jaw. How odd that he grabbed her jaw. It's a much more physically aggressive move than grabbing your shoulders. Imagine seeing a parent do that to a child. You might think that looks abusive, because it is. IMO.

It's such an utterly inconsequential point.

If she's dead. She's dead. Who owns the van doesn't matter. Same goes for if she's alive and well.

The relevant information is that this van, that this couple was travelling cross-country in showed up, off-schedule and without one of the expected passengers.
What is not inconsequential, and I believe was the point of the discussion, is that he deprived her of her ability to travel, take shelter, cook, etc. And the fact that it was actually her own vehicle makes it all the more heinous.

There were witness reports of them arguing outside a café/supermarket in Utah. One of the witnesses called LE.

LE later spotted their car and followed them, where BL was driving and speeding, doing 45mph in a 15mph zone, and moving over the lane and actually hitting a kerb.

They were arguing and alledgedly fighting in the car then.

BL told LE she was crazy and was hitting him and trying to grab the wheel.

There is a whole hour of the police bodycam footage of you search this early bit of this thread....maybe page 3 or something.

Thank you. I have watched the video.

But what was BL doing to make her that way?
Threatening her? Co-ercing her?
Maybe BL was the agressor before the witness saw it. Something started it.
Women don't fly off the handle for no reason.....

Gabby herself answered the question. She said he kept telling her to calm down. It's on the police tape. She said she suffers from anxiety.

That being said, I suspect they got into another confrontation and instead of walking away he hurt her. Then panicked and drove home to his parents.

Sometimes love is just not enough. At some point when emotions turn violent better to separate. imo

I don't believe it is ever acceptable for anyone to hit another in anger. It only escalates without some sort of therapy. DV laws are there to protect both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth