Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree BL pickup a ride to get back to the van ...if Both BL and GP started the hike he came back alone... I don't see him hiking for days after knowing GP was gone.... He got the heck out of dodge after leaving her that afternoon... or he hurt her in the van camping and dumped her nearer to the roads .

So Sad I really hope she is in Puerto Rico but I doubt that....

edited to say JMO...
If he did anything to her in the van, wouldn't they have known that right away when they searched it?

Last edited:
Has the last text in California been discounted and for that reason the search effort appears concentrated in WY.

We believe/know that Gabby and BL are physically separated ?

BL phone, the van, and testimony from the parents indicate BL is in Florida ?

BL has a Lawyer representing him and family. Sister has stated not seeing or talking to BL

The Spotify songs noted being posted by Gabby & BL around the time between last visual confirmation of the van in WY and FL.

My thoughts to consider:

1. Was BL placed in a compromising situation where he was helpless to prevent the events of Gabby separating from him ?

2. Did he ask for and receive help from his parents in managing his part of the crisis ?

3. The arrival of the van in FL without Gabby means that there was a situation where Gabby could no longer stay with the van. Why ?

4. Was the location of Gabby's phone last txt in California confirmed. Is it possible that a traveler other than BL or Gabby had Gabby's phone ?

A few plausibles:

<modsnip>

BL witnessed an obduction of Gabby and was told that she would be harmed if there was any public notice of an obduction noted. Remaining silent saves Gabby ?

BL have Gabby's phone to a stranger that promised to send a text when in California (payed or not to do so).

BL was involved in something that is incredibly difficult to defend.

They are protecting Gabby from harm by not disclosing details that would result in the potential for Gabby to be harmed.

The Spotify songs imply a story of separation such that Gabby's phone is in California and BL is on his way home to Florida. BL gave up or lost Gabby but also believes something has happened that will require legal protection. Either BL is forthright with his family or he is not. Either way, he requires a defense lawyer.

I only present these thoughts as a tool to rule out and enhance a boundary of discussion. I

Firstly, thank you all for the warm welcome.

The pressure of all those people and press on the lawn for 2 weeks would be horrendous on all of them. His mental state couldn’t be good. Suicide would be a genuine concern. That being said, speaking empathatically, what parent in that situation would think sneaking him out late at night to go for a hike alone would be a good idea, unless there was an ulterior motive. It’s BS. I’d guess that was the planned story, but it unraveled when BL didn’t stick to the script and contact them at some point, hence the call for help from the attorney.

side note: Most of us, Im sure, listen to music relevant to our situation whenever we’re sad or going through something. The first and seemingly only song posted to their Spotify on his presumed trip home was titled,

“Self Consumption”, defined as such,
: consuming oneself or itself: such as. a : taking all of a person's time and attention : being the only thing a person thinks about : all-consuming self-consuming hatred/passion/desire. b : acting to destroy itself or use itself up, a self-consuming fire.

I think his parents have known at least since he purportedly flew back to Florida from SLC that there were signficant problems of some sort. The story about the departure from the trip and moving her personal items to or from the home to or from a storage unit is exceptionally strange for the trip they had planned, through the west ending up in the Pacific Northwest.

If you find out what went on during that time he was back in Florida, I think you will have an idea of what he was planning. Based on my impressions, I think he came back with the intention to split up with her. This would, of course, completely stop the VanLife blog as she really needed someone else to run the show while she blogged.

Her father is the one who described the trip he took back to Florida and the purported reason to avoid paying for a storage unit. Which sounds completely bogus to me. I'd have to think her father was paying for the SLC hotel, as she couldn't afford it. I just wonder if her father talked to BL at some point in this part of the saga.

I think it was also her mother who was the one who had the date he returned to Florida, though I'm not sure how she came about it.

Anyway. There is no way his family did not expect his arrival. There is no way he didn't arrive without some texts from the return trip, or a plausible reason for his having the van without her.

This was not a surprise for his family. They were prepared enough to stonewall her parents for 10 days. Let's not forget that at all.
Yes, indeed.
Excellent summary.
Like I said, just considered other options.
I agree there's been some planning involved.
How much, I don't know.
The word "enabling" keeps coming to mind , because who acts like this ?
MOO.

I find it sad that one of the stickers, that was NOT on the van at the Moab traffic stop, is one from Venice, FL saying "Today is a good day". Venice is the City one exit North of North Port. So did Brian buy it on the way home? Seems reminiscent of Casey Anthony's tattoo "Bella Vita" or Beautiful Life.
Actually, that sticker is sold all over, including in stores in Moab, SLC, and on the way to Grand Teton.

Source - I looked it up when we first noticed it, the company sells out of multiple stores, including REI if I'm not mistaken.

So I went out this evening to a minor league baseball game in Brooklyn, NY. There was a young couple near me. Cute blonde girl and boyfriend with a beard, balding on top. I KNEW it wasn't GP and BL, they didn't look like them, and I certainly don't expect them to turn up in Coney Island, Brooklyn NY. But I couldn't stop staring and thinking, "is this them? Are they both alive and together holding hands in Coney Island? Should I call the police?" I stared at them until they started giving me dirty looks for staring.

This case is eating my heart and erasing my brain.

When I got home I got right on WS, hoping for some news, maybe a resolution. Nope, both still missing in their different ways. Oh, and two threads longer. For the first time I had to skip a thread. My apologies to those who said something brilliant in Thread 11.
It seems impossible to be able to keep up with this thread honestly!

Every generation has youths that like this type of thing, it does not make them evil murderers.
No, it doesn't make them evil murderers.
But it has been thought by many psychologists, that people who draw/listen/create/play violent works have more of a propensity towards potential violence. They have an interest in it in the first place, usually for a reason.

There must be some evidence of “danger” for them to be searching. They haven’t warned the public of any threat so it must be self harm.

The parents have shown concern only for Brian. If they called LE it was because of fear about Brian. It must have been convincing because they organized a pretty big search right away. I doubt they’re lying as they could have just continued in silence. You don’t have the FBI over & take that kind of risk.

I just hope he leaves a note or some info so she can be found.
They haven't warned the public of danger because the park is completely closed to the public right now, because of the search... isn't it?

Regarding the threat of danger in the Florida wild...

Many people stay overnight in wild Florida. Gators generally do not care for human interaction. It's mostly only gators fed by humans who end up attacking humans. Florida's black bears have no interest in humans. There are only about 200 panthers in Florida, and they have little reason to attack humans. There is plenty of food out there to keep panthers and smaller wild cats happy.

One time, I slept on the edge of a hiking trail. I didn't even have fire. Nothing bothered me. I could hear gators and boars all night. But I was just fine.

The greatest danger in Florida's wilderness areas is probably dehydration. It's still very hot and humid here in Florida. Hiking would require a few water bottles and some sort of purifying system.

I don't know how sure anyone is about his supposed trip to the nature reserve. But it's just as likely that he hitched a ride up 75 and got the hell out of dodge that way.

LOL, I was gonna say, "panthers" is not what I think of when I think of swamp wildlife... I'd be more likely to expect them in the Grand Tetons, or at least a catamount. It's gotta be the gators, IMO.

As for the "water purification", let's not forget, it doesn't take much planning or space. I, for example, have a SIGG type bottle with a UV light in the cap that swears it purifies water; or there's the good old classic water purification tablets.

This is not a critique of what you said whatsoever, this is a statement in agreement and in general.

If what I read defined my actions, I'd have been behind bars years ago.

If bipolar or other mental health issues made me a murderer, I'd be behind bars years ago.

Correlation doesn't imply causation. I hate that these things are analyzed so much in cases like this.

Agreed, but then again, a lot of people are VERY white bread. Millions of people back in the day bought and/or read Jessica Mitford's book about the commercialization of death and the funeral industry; it was a huge bestseller; I bet there are just as many people out there thinking the folks who up and read that book are ghouls.

I believe you are right but also not considering something. A body left in nature is overwhelmed with bugs that are alive. They thermo transmit and in these environments their numbers would likely be enough to detect (gross, I know) in the right circumstances.

I think it would take a whole lotta bugs to produce the amount of temperature a human body emits. Totally open to being wrong though. I’m all about learning new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr