Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that Gabby's family cares, and a lot of other people do too, because he's the only one who can reveal where and when he last saw her.

Joshua Powell's murder/suicide eliminated any possibility of him revealing what really happened to Susan.

I would hate to see that happen here and I very much doubt I'm alone in this.
IMO LE also cares because, if their suspicions about what happened can be proven, they want to bring the perp to justice.

I actually like reading everybody’s speculation that’s all we have so far! Myself personally I think they got into an argument and she fell hiking or he pushed her by accident he’s scared and now he’s hiding out!!

Close to what I am thinking. A fight that got out of control. Two young people very unprepared for being on their own in need of some emotional support.

In the Moab video, when Gabby says "He's a downer!" I started nodding vigorously.

But if things like drawing Itchy and Scratchy fanart or reading Chuck Palahniuk were genuine danger signs, every day would be like the Purge. Brian's IG captions are relentlessly negative in tone, and he does seem a bit immature for a soon-to-be-24-year-old man (and making money from selling knockoff art of someone else's creations isn't very admirable.) But that doesn't red-flag someone as a murderer. BL doesn't strike me as being much different than a whole lot of other drifting, aimless millennial dudes.

Isn’t he Gen Z?

I think the TicToK may have dropped him off near to the dispersed camping spread creek area.

the 25th or 26th Victor store guy has me questioning if they could not find camping spots except at the dispersed area since the 25th was a crowded free day per the person who saw van at penny lake and why they ended up not further up in idaho. JMO
Correction: They went South. They said they dropped him at the dam and he was going to cross over to a parking lot and get another ride. Now the FBI is checking w for witnesses at Spread Creek - which is East. Given the dates they have to be looking for someone who saw him alone and possibly with no vehicle. I believe unfortunately, that Gabby is north. Somewhere near Yellowstone if not in it. They were last seen together North. Possibly even in West Yellowstone, WY.

Last edited:
Ahead of his disappearance, Laundrie, who is a person of interest in Petito's disappearance, told his parents he'd be at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, which is part of the Carlton Reserve, the Daily Mail reported.

The reserve has about 80 miles of hiking trails, most of which are currently flooded, according to a warning posted on its website Saturday.
Live updates: Massive search with bloodhounds and drones continues for Gabby Petito's boyfriend, Brian Laundrie

The parents claimed that he disappeared in his car and that they found it in the parking lot for that park. They decided to drive it home.

What kind of a parent would take away a car that would have been their son's ride home? Something's not adding up.

If my kid's car was found at a trailhead and he didn't come back to it, I'd stay there until he did - and before too long, I'd file a missing person report. I wouldn't take the car away.

It's sad for everyone but I believe what we are going to find out is that this case is similar to the Leanne Bearden case. In lots of ways. A couple living the best years of their lives but yet very troubled. It was a heart wrenching case and a lot of suspicion went to the hubby. And it took a while to find her. In that case, Josh (JB) talked to LE. It's big that BL hasn't, but he may have his reasons. LE certainly can't say that even if BL's parents discussed it. We can second guess what BL has done after but few of us have experienced what he may have.

There are 2 and a half times as many suicides of folks between the age 20 and 34 than there are homicides. (ref: NIMH » Suicide)

Leanne was one of my first websleuths case and I still think about her to this day. Her husband went through hell with the speculation but he never wavered - he just wanted to find her. Bless her soul.

His lawyer called the FBI and said that his parents wanted to file a missing person report. LE can’t exactly ignore that. And seeing how he is a person of interest in the investigation of a missing woman , of course they want to find him.
JMO

Great. So when/if they find him will LE say they're at his campsite doing a welfare check? BL could say, "OK, Great. I'm fine. Please leave me alone. See you in a week or two."

End of story.

Why devote so much resources?

Park rangers at the Grand Teton National Park, are searching for Petito in the Wyoming park.

Speaking at the entrance where Laundrie entered the park, Taylor said: 'We have five, six different agencies who are out there, 50-plus folks.

'We have had drones in the air, we have got bloodhounds, K9s, four by four vehicles. It's very wet, it's muddy. There are a few unpaved dirt roads. It's a place that people hike. There are mountain bike trails out here. The Myakkahatchee Creek runs down into the city.'

Asked if he believed there were concerns for Laundrie's safety, Taylor said: 'Sure, I think that's fair to say. There is an enormous amount of pressure I'm sure on him to provide answers on what's going on here.'

He could not confirm if Laundrie owns a gun.

They started the search in the park area, which is about 200 acres. There is a bridge which crosses over into the Carlton Reserve which is about 25,000 acres. It is believed he entered from here.

'The initial focus was on the 200 acres here, and then spreading out. The park is closed to the public.'

Asked how long it would take to search the entire 25,000 acres, he replied: 'You can imagine… a long time.'
Police in Wyoming call off search for the night for missing 'van-life girl' Gabby Petito in Wyoming | Daily Mail Online

Has Chuck Palahniuk murdered anyone? He wrote it, so logically he is disturbed and apt to violence?

I hope no one is implying that anyone that consumes this media is apt to violence or is disturbed. By that account we're all here obsessively following what could turn out to be a murder and I was just posting about bug activity showing up on thermal imaging in a corpse. Pretty dark.

But we also can't ignore that sometimes it plays into it and has in several occasions been used as evidence as to a murderers mindset before/during/after a murder was committed.

OK...I think that is what happened. Or if he was moving things "into" storage it was because they did break it was her things he was moving.

Then Gabby or both of them realized she could not drive the van by herself and she still wanted to make it work. They talked and decided to give their relationship another try. But, again it escalated into a physical fight. We don't know if it was an accident, or a crime of passion.

I am sure he is hurting and panicking. They probably did love each other, but were dangerously incompatible. And probably his parents are now trying to protect him. This is just very very sad.

I agree. They were dangerously incompatible. They were together obviously from high school and probably had a lot of growing to do as individuals. They most likely saw that they had a lot invested into their long relationship with their short time on Earth. I wonder if both their families knew more about their relationship than they'd like to admit to themselves. Both of them I think were insecure in their own way which you can see they both had a fear of abandonment but it came out in different ways.

Ahead of his disappearance, Laundrie, who is a person of interest in Petito's disappearance, told his parents he'd be at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, which is part of the Carlton Reserve, the Daily Mail reported.

The reserve has about 80 miles of hiking trails, most of which are currently flooded, according to a warning posted on its website Saturday.
Live updates: Massive search with bloodhounds and drones continues for Gabby Petito's boyfriend, Brian Laundrie
Oh, I like this. Perhaps if Brian's car was in fact parked there, and there was flooding, there will be some evidence (water marks? silt? deposits?) on the vehicle and/or tires corroborating such. Then again, if the car he used to go to the Reserve was in fact the Mustang (which I believe is correct due to the information available to the public, but that said, cannot prove 100%) it had cops looking all over it, and no reports of glove-wearing. So.

Those little triangles are campsites. The campsites are numbered. It's possible you have to get a permit for the exact number. If one or both of the pair were overnighting at one of those campsites, LE would know because they would have had to register all their ID information. Rangers at National Parks keep track of everyone in the backcountry. Rangers sometimes come by to make sure you aren't building fires, "leave no trace", etc. Plus, other campers keep an eye on things (experienced folks are very particular about how the backcountry is treated, so everyone can enjoy it).
I've been in a situation where all backcountry overnighters (including the resident Ranger) had to leave Sequoia NPbecause of a series of blizzards (in early September!). A helicopter came by regularly as we hauled ourselves over a high pass above treeline, with a Ranger hanging out the door counting everyone, to be sure that everyone got out. They were missing one backpacker registered to that area, which caused some concern.
Long and short: NPS has information on whoever was in the Grand Teton backcountry overnight. Maybe even just day hikes (in wilderness areas, you're required to register at the trailhead and carry a ticket on your pack, even just for the day, but I don't know if this is true for National Parks).
And yeah, if they're pointing to a cluster of campsites, they have quite a bit of info from various sources.

They are first come first serve sites, no reservations/registration. Bridger-Teton National Forest - Dispersed Camping Areas (Undeveloped Campground)

I don't understand why law enforcement is chasing him into the wilderness area. If he's not a suspect then who cares if he goes camping?. Shouldn't their resources be used on the case where someone is actually missing and not on a a self-professed outdoorsman out on a little walkabout? The mosquitoes, heat, and humidity will drive him out eventually. If he chooses to end his life in there then who really cares? There are definitely better uses for LE resources right now. Just my own personal opinions and musings...
Because Brian knows what happened to Gabby and police need his help to find her. And police know mire than they're saying.

Do we know yet how he got there?

And, if this was on Tuesday, why in the world would his parents wait until Friday to report him missing?

I'm not buying this story, and the parents just became even more distasteful in my book.

What if they broke up, he flew home and moved his own stuff out of storage back into the house because he was no longer going to be on the trip. When GP spoke to her dad in the hotel, she didn't tell him BL left because it wasn't a planned trip back but rather he just left in a huff and she didn't want her parents to know she was alone.

Then GP and BL cool off and make up and he decides to join her again on the trip and flies back.

JMO but that seems more likely than a planned trip to empty out a storage locker that could have been done before they left?
I agree with you completely!! I've been so curious about the reasoning behind this, and I've also sort of come to the hypothesis that the storage space story may have some truth to it, but that it was likely fabricated by the parents after his abrupt return trip to justify why he would have gone back and forth like that. BL flying home, them making up, and him flying back wouldn't seem suspicious if him and GP had continued on their merry way afterwards, but I'm sure his he and his parents recognize that it looks incredibly odd in light of the current circumstances.

I wonder if he freaked out with the hitchhikers not because they said Jackson Hole, but because Spread Creek is off of highway 191, yet they ended up taking Teton Park Rd. which goes further West of the campsite. He realized this road they got onto wouldn't be getting him as close to Spread Creek as he intended and panicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong