Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuck Palahniuk is a great writer and I think maybe his novels are even assigned reading in school. Nothing wrong with reading and liking his novels, nothing wrong with being bald or walking around barefoot in the wilderness either.

…and there’s nothing wrong with wanting to be an influencer and making a living doing it. It sounds like a dream job, but also hard as hell. I know of several people whose mental health was negatively impacted by it. It has to be approached as a business with a business model and clear work boundaries and not a lifestyle that you can’t escape from.

Lastly, having a mental illness doesn’t make you a murderer and being emotional doesn’t make you crazy.

Are you 100% sure they are “campsite numbers”. There are two separate sets.

The east grouping is 1-15 and the west grouping 1-24.

I’m not sure they are pings but I’m not sure they are campsite numbers.
They are campsite numbers. Those triangles are how backcountry campsites are indicated on maps. There is probably some batch name for them; you've already suggested "east" and "west".

Help me out here, I’m trying to think of BL parents end game, he cannot be on the lam forever. The best I can think of is getting him to a country without extradition?
Regardless, the way things are looking to me they seem to treading a thin line with the law atm!

This FBI request had me confused but I just mapped it out and it fits. Northern most location Yellowstone; Colter Bay is south of that; Spread Creek southeast of that. This tidbit from them sounds VERY encouraging to me. They know something.

This is what I narrowed it down to last night:

8/24: Gabby checks out of Fairfield Inn and Suites
8/25 0r 8/26: Owner of Rustic Row in Idaho says Petito and Laundrie spent about 15 to 20 minutes in the store.
8/25 or 8/26 - Possible sighting of BOTH in Grant Village, Yellowstone
8/26 - UNVERIFIED sighting of BL alone in Bullwinkle's Bar, West Yellowstone, MT
8/27 - ??? (whereabouts unknown)
8/28 - ??? (whereabouts unknown)

8/29: Laundrie alone. Hitchhiking. No vehicle. Stated he had been at Snake River (probably a cover). Picked up Colter Bay, Grand Teton. Skittish when he realized they were traveling back to where he left, instead of away from it. Exited vehicle abruptly at Jackson Damn.

This leads me to think that whatever happened occurred in that 3-day span of 8/26-8/29.

I agree with the general outline, but I don't think they went to Yellowstone.

I recall there is a purported sighting in Jenny Lake, GTNP parking lot. I think they were only in GTNP. Hanging around in off-the-beaten trail areas where "something" occurred.

I think he bailed from the ride because Miranda & BF turned off of Highway 287 to Teton Park Road to get to Jackson. This was taking farther from where the van was parked at Spread Creek, and he had intended to get off closer to Highway 191 so he could walk up Spread Creek Road and get to the van to return home.

Remember they picked him up about 5:45 in Coulter Bay and he probably wanted to get back to the van before dark, and leave under the cover of darkness. Even then, walking from Jackson Dam to the campground would likely take 2.5 hours and he would arrive after sunset, with the dark coming on. He never intended to hitchhike all the way to Jackson Hole, IMHO. He needed to get back to that van before her parents and friends started to get suspicious about the lack of contact.

Does anyone know if the FBI are searching a Jackson Hole campsite? I just read an article published about 15 minutes ago saying this.

FBI and Park Rangers search campsite believed used by missing YouTuber Gabby Petito

Yes. This would be right and I have to correct my posts. The TikTokers were not going North. I have to go correct that. But, BL "freaked out" when he discovered they were going to Jackson Hole and now they are searching Spread Creek which is EAST. BL was moving away from there. And, given his reaction, there was a specific reason for it.

I think the TicToK may have dropped him off near to the camping area...

the 25th or 26th Victor store guy has me questioning if they could not find camping spots except at the dispersed area since the 25th was a crowded free day per the person who saw van at penny lake.

I'm curious why the tiktok person, who picked up a hitchhiker in the area where Gabbie last spoke with her mother, is taken seriously.

I'm sure that tiktok picked up a hitchhiker, but does she have a photo or something to prove that the hitchhiker is related to Gabby's disappearance? We know that she reported the info to FBI, and then she reported it to the media, but does it really fit with what we know about Gabby and fiance wanting to remain close to the van? Gabby did not want fiance to drive away in the van without her, even though she should have expected that he'd be back soon - after they'd cooled off from the disagreement.

Why would they park the van and hike 10 miles to a campsite? The tiktok person claims that they picked up a hitchhiker who was heading to Jackson, but when she mentioned that they were driving to Jackson Hole, he panicked and demanded that they let him out of the van. Most importantly, is it believable that they parked the van and hiked 10 miles to camping spot?

What's the story - that they did not park the van at Jackson Hole, but farther away?

"He approached us asking for a ride because he needed to go to Jackson and we were going to Jackson that night. So I said, you know, 'Hop in,' and he hopped in the back of my Jeep," Baker said. "He offered to pay us like $200 to give him a ride like 10 miles. So, that was kind of weird."​

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

LOL, I was gonna say, "panthers" is not what I think of when I think of swamp wildlife... I'd be more likely to expect them in the Grand Tetons, or at least a catamount. It's gotta be the gators, IMO.

As for the "water purification", let's not forget, it doesn't take much planning or space. I, for example, have a SIGG type bottle with a UV light in the cap that swears it purifies water; or there's the good old classic water purification tablets.

Agreed, but then again, a lot of people are VERY white bread. Millions of people back in the day bought and/or read Jessica Mitford's book about the commercialization of death and the funeral industry; it was a huge bestseller; I bet there are just as many people out there thinking the folks who up and read that book are ghouls.
Florida Panthers are beautiful and sadly endangered. In south Florida the state builds tunnels to give them safe access under busy roads so they can safely navigate to the other side of their habitat. But, many are lost to increasing traffic/development. There are less than 250 total. The ones spotted where I lived were almost always in trees. They're about 5 feet long plus tail. And carnivores, of course.

But the same could be said for those of us who spend time on a website dedicated to true crime. Many people might think that is “weird”.

A good deal of my day job consists of very tedious work. I alleviate the boredom while I'm doing it by listening to every true crime podcast I can get my hands on.

If that were evidence against my character...I'd be in the slammer toot sweet if anything happened to Mr. Izzy.

Several days ago, law enforcement said searches for #GabbyPetito had not been able to get specific into a particular location

That seems to have changed #FindGabby

https://twitter.com/evanaxelbank/status/1439406403068874758?s=21

Ok, so a map I observed of all the timeline that has a dot on California was only presumed based on the context of the message and not by gps location ? ok, Then the WY focus would make sense.

I only suggested that because it would seem impossible for the van to be in California on Sept 30th and arrive in Florida by Sept 1st. For that to be true then Gabby's phone would have to be separated from the van. In what circumstances could that occur ?

The assumption is that the California ref. is inconsequential and the current focus around the lake area is due to validated information. Can we assume that there is a strong indication that Gabby's personal items or by witness report was identified in the current focus area ?

I know you’re all speculating that it was an accident so here’s mine:

He strangled her.
She’s dead.
He’s on the run.

I think he started to strangle her, then possibly beat her to death. Maybe with rocks, maybe with his bear hands.
Jeez, I can't even think about it. Poor Gabby.

Hope BL's parents are having a good day.
Fla. Stat. 837.055 False information to law enforcement during investigation.—
(1) Whoever knowingly and willfully gives false information to a law enforcement officer who is conducting a missing person investigation or a felony criminal investigation with the intent to mislead the officer or impede the investigation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2) Whoever knowingly and willfully gives false information to a law enforcement officer who is conducting a missing person investigation involving a child 16 years of age or younger with the intent to mislead the officer or impede the investigation, and the child who is the subject of the investigation suffers great bodily harm, permanent disability, permanent disfigurement, or death, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

I’m sure they are n
Oooh! NICE observation!

there’s two sets of numbers…1-15and 1-24….

two separate phones?

EBM: 1-15, not 1-17.

I took those for camp sites…what gives you the impression that it’s cell phone pings?

TIA

While the thread was paused, I did a little research.

First was on the 2012 Ford Transit van they were driving. Black boxes in vehicles started to become more standard in vehicles manufactured after 2000.
Unfortunately, Black Boxes were not in Ford Transit Vans until 2013.
Ford — Black Box Recovery | Independent Crash-Data Lab

The other observation I made is that there are security cameras at all of the entrances to National Parks. I can't track down this exact information so consider this JMO. Cameras at entrances to NP's were recently used to try to track down an Irish visitor that vanished in the Park.
Rangers get new tips in search for missing man in Grand Teton; NPS still seeking public's help

Hopes and prayers there will be resolution for Gabby's family and that the Irish tourist will be found.

JMO
I’m not caught up so this may be addressed already. She has a Transit Connect. Very different from a regular Transit.

OK...I think that is what happened. Or if he was moving things "into" storage it was because they did break it was her things he was moving.

Then Gabby or both of them realized she could not drive the van by herself and she still wanted to make it work. They talked and decided to give their relationship another try. But, again it escalated into a physical fight. We don't know if it was an accident, or a crime of passion.

I am sure he is hurting and panicking. They probably did love each other, but were dangerously incompatible. And probably his parents are now trying to protect him. This is just very very sad.

Given that her parents don't have their daughter, don't know where she is or what happened to her, but know that Brian does know but has refused to say, and that his parents have abetted & joined in that silence, sad for sure isn't my primary emotion here....

In the Moab video, when Gabby says "He's a downer!" I started nodding vigorously.

But if things like drawing Itchy and Scratchy fanart or reading Chuck Palahniuk were genuine danger signs, every day would be like the Purge. Brian's IG captions are relentlessly negative in tone, and he does seem a bit immature for a soon-to-be-24-year-old man (and making money from selling knockoff art of someone else's creations isn't very admirable.) But that doesn't red-flag someone as a murderer. BL doesn't strike me as being much different than a whole lot of other drifting, aimless millennial dudes.
He does seem a little obsessed with Fight Club and that doesn't seem to match the whole VanLife lifestyle. Living off the grid, living without material possessions. I think he is the type of guy to pull a Chris McCandless "Into the Wild" kind of thing. But maybe, Gabby was also into that kind of thing too deep down, which is perhaps why she hasn't been seen in three weeks. She could be on the Pacific Crest Trail, doing a Cheryl Strayed sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member