Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he freaked out with the hitchhikers not because they said Jackson Hole, but because Spread Creek is off of highway 191, yet they ended up taking Teton Park Rd. which goes further West of the campsite. He realized this road they got onto wouldn't be getting him as close to Spread Creek as he intended and panicked.

Yes I agree

I agree with you completely!! I've been so curious about the reasoning behind this, and I've also sort of come to the hypothesis that the storage space story may have some truth to it, but that it was likely fabricated by the parents after his abrupt return trip to justify why he would have gone back and forth like that. BL flying home, them making up, and him flying back wouldn't seem suspicious if him and GP had continued on their merry way afterwards, but I'm sure his he and his parents recognize that it looks incredibly odd in light of the current circumstances.

Except Brian nor his parents have offered any information publicly nor presumably to LE. All that we know so far about the flight home and back comes from the GP fam.

They are campsite numbers. Those triangles are how backcountry campsites are indicated on maps. There is probably some batch name for them; you've already suggested "east" and "west".

Jerk Fried Chicken Y’all!!

<modsnip>
AGAIN…..I corrected my mistake, please see post #360.

Meh. I’ll do the gauntlet. Whatever. THIS avid camper can handle it.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Moab video, when Gabby says "He's a downer!" I started nodding vigorously.

But if things like drawing Itchy and Scratchy fanart or reading Chuck Palahniuk were genuine danger signs, every day would be like the Purge. Brian's IG captions are relentlessly negative in tone, and he does seem a bit immature for a soon-to-be-24-year-old man (and making money from selling knockoff art of someone else's creations isn't very admirable.) But that doesn't red-flag someone as a murderer. BL doesn't strike me as being much different than a whole lot of other drifting, aimless millennial dudes.
He does seem a little obsessed with Fight Club and that doesn't seem to match the whole VanLife lifestyle. Living off the grid, living without material possessions. I think he is the type of guy to pull a Chris McCandless "Into the Wild" kind of thing. But maybe, Gabby was also into that kind of thing too deep down, which is perhaps why she hasn't been seen in three weeks. She could be on the Pacific Crest Trail, doing a Cheryl Strayed sort of thing.

This must mean the TikTok witness and Idaho store merchant did not pan out? Because if they had been verified it seems to me that he was up by Yellowstone with the 28th and 29th being the only dates empty (and there is an unverified report that he was seen alone at a bar in West Yellowstone on the 29th.
Actually it's only a 3 1/2 hour hike between the Jackson dam and Spread Creek dispersed camp sites. There is unaccounted for time between August 25th and August 29th which matches BL's story about hiking along the Snake River for 3 or 4 days. All these accounts make sense.

Help me out here, I’m trying to think of BL parents end game, he cannot be on the lam forever. The best I can think of is getting him to a country without extradition?
Regardless, the way things are looking to me they seem to treading a thin line with the law atm!

i honestly believe there is no end in site for them. It’s just ever evolving. I also don’t buy any of this fleeing the country talk. How could he survive in another country alone at his age and with his means. I don’t have faith I could even accomplish that. Sounds scarier than living in jail.

There are photos and video of a white tent with orange trim that appeared to be the same tent in a YouTube video that Gabby posted on Aug. 19. There is also an image of a smiling couple next to a rock formation that appeared to be Petito, 22, and Laundrie, 23.

The location of the profile was Colorado Springs, Colo., and the tag line read “traveling in our tiny van.” The account was created in July, and appeared to be last updated on the 29th of that month. The couple did visit Colorado Springs on July 8, according to a timeline of their known travels complied by The Post.

Gabby and Brian V’ reviewed Utah’s Zion National Park on July 22, the last day they were known to be visiting the site.

“So beautiful here, Zion is just beautiful yes, but the tent sites here are really nice!” the couple wrote.

“Walk to the museum after dinner before it gets dark to refill on some cold fresh water and wait for the stars to come out!! So beautiful! And refreshing!! Great campsite! And clean bathrooms!”

[URL="https://nypost.com/2021/09/18/gabby-petito-and-brian-laundrie-outlined-road-trip-on-camping-site/"]Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie outlined road trip on camping site
[/URL]

Florida Panthers are beautiful and sadly endangered. In south Florida the state builds tunnels to give them safe access under busy roads so they can safely navigate to the other side of their habitat. But, many are lost to increasing traffic/development. There are less than 250 total. The ones spotted where I lived were almost always in trees. They're about 5 feet long plus tail. And carnivores, of course.
where i live in the woods of Florida we see panthers here and there, but mostly they just want to eat my chickens..lol

OH!

Speculation: something happened to Gabby at Spreader Creek. He fled on foot (hitchhiking) up to Colter Bay where he would have changed his mind and decided to return to Spreader Creek. He caught a TikTok ride heading south to go back to get the van, but realized that Jackson was the wrong place and jumped ship at Jackson Lake Dam, which would have been a perfect place to get back on to catch 191 to 26 and back to Spread Creek.

This would be why they are doing a ground search i.e looking for a body at Spread Creek.

OR: like another poster suggested, bad things could have happened in Yosemite and he headed south.

upload_2021-9-18_19-34-47.png

Bit strange but some people find solace in music. Also he had a LONG drive home by himself (if he was by himself.) if he has done something to gabby I can’t imagine it was a pleasant drive back to Florida for him. He probably listened to angry/sad music feeling sorry for himself to try block out his thoughts. I saw on twitter someone said his playlist was updated only a few hours ago. Can anyone see if this is true?

I'm looking at their Spotify account and the last activity I see says it was "18 days ago".

i honestly believe there is no end in site for them. It’s just ever evolving. I also don’t buy any of this fleeing the country talk. How could he survive in another country alone at his age and with his means. I don’t have faith I could even accomplish that. Sounds scarier than living in jail.

This is where I'm kind of stuck. What's the plan? You can't run and hide forever with just a backpack (that has a waist strap!).

I'm kinda of more inclined to believe that he's going back to GP to die "forever with her" kinda thing but my instinct says he doesn't have the cajones for that.

What if they broke up, he flew home and moved his own stuff out of storage back into the house because he was no longer going to be on the trip. When GP spoke to her dad in the hotel, she didn't tell him BL left because it wasn't a planned trip back but rather he just left in a huff and she didn't want her parents to know she was alone.

Then GP and BL cool off and make up and he decides to join her again on the trip and flies back.

JMO but that seems more likely than a planned trip to empty out a storage locker that could have been done before they left?
I'm baffled for the need to empty the storage locker at all. The home wasn't being sold. They intended to return from their trip. It makes no sense to me. JMO

Help me out here, I’m trying to think of BL parents end game, he cannot be on the lam forever. The best I can think of is getting him to a country without extradition?
Regardless, the way things are looking to me they seem to treading a thin line with the law atm!

MOO I think when everything started there wasn't really a plan. It was one quick (bad/panicked) decision after another and those have led to a very bad place and now there's no turning back the clock. I believe all three have now possibly committed crimes and things just continue to get worse. There is no end game left at this point. Possibly the parents' best case scenario is that their son is alive and they aren't in jail with him down the road. All MOO.

Great. So when/if they find him will LE say they're at his campsite doing a welfare check? BL could say, "OK, Great. I'm fine. Please leave me alone. See you in a week or two."

End of story.

Why devote so much resources?
Oh, I’m sure there’s a bit of “it just got personal” feeling at police headquarters when they found out he bolted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj