Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen this video. When you say “a post of a mapping video to the FBI Denver Field Office” do you mean that the FBI has shared this information or that the maker of the video has just (for lack of a better phrase) put it out there?

I hope he has shared this information with the FBI. It does seem well thought out and from someone familiar with the area.[/QUOTE

I sure wish I could see this video.

LE isn't just interested in Spread Creek; they are doing a ground search, which may mean they think GP's body may be there. And someone else said they were also looking in Yellowstone, but I don't know the type of search.

Question for the people here who believe Brian never stepped foot in FL or his house… how did Gabby’s van get to his parents driveway? Where did Brian go from Wyoming? And why would his parents claim he’s missing now if he’s been on the run this entire time?

Just curious.

Going off your post, but question to any poster:

I haven’t had time to look at the maps, but how far is this from spread creek mileage wise?

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

Never mind, it is in the article: 20 mins away (I should go to bed.. LOL)

Deputies and FBI agents followed up on leads as far as the Idaho/Wyoming border. However, the majority of the search efforts still appeared to be focused near the Grand Teton National Park.

On Friday, park rangers were also speaking with campers at Spread Creek — it’s a dispersed camping area about 20 minutes east of the park.

Given Rose's previous statements about BL, I'm guessing when BL found out GP was meeting with Rose, he blew up, there was a fight and he killed her.

I've been thinking about Rose's statement about BL's "episodes", he is the right age for the onset of schizophrenia. It depends on how reliable of a source that Rose is, but it strikes me as a little odd that his parents were clearly prepared for bad stuff to go down or already knew that something bad had happened. Silence is deafening in these situations.

This is just speculation on my part, but I think she posted those Tiktoks because LE, after interviewing her, told her it might be helpful. She emphasizes over and over that if anyone watching was in the same area during the same time, they should rack their memories and go back over their photos. She also says that LE is aware that she posted the Tiktoks and they're okay with it.

I agree, and she's gotten millions of views on those videos.

Right now I work in a Clinical Nutrition office and the term nutritionist usually applies to an MD/DO who specializes in clinical nutrition, eating disorders, or TPN. It can also apply to PA’s who specialize in clinical nutrition.

We would call anyone with an RD a dietician but not a nutritionist.

I don’t understand Gabby’s use of the word nutritionist as she has no college degree (that we know of).

A lot of "health food" stores have employees called nutritionists. Natural Grocers is one. The folks don't have to be degreed or certified. I find it misleading, as many confuse dietician with nutritionist.

It does apply. There has been case law when someone got hurt because a therapist didn't contact LE or a potential victim, but in most places, therapists won't discuss their clients until they are dead - if then.
There is a lot of misinformation out there and there are many carve-outs that allow therapists to disclose this sort of information. For example, if someone is dangerous (as someone who has just impulsively murdered a girlfriend might be deemed), then they may disclose it. If there was a chance he would be a danger to himself (the danger of which is high in this situation), then they must disclose it. There is a lot of gray area and room for interpretation, but in practice, I don't know many therapists who would not find a compelling reason not to report in this situation, and I know, and have trained, lots of therapists.

Never mind, it is in the article: 20 mins away (I should go to bed.. LOL)

Deputies and FBI agents followed up on leads as far as the Idaho/Wyoming border. However, the majority of the search efforts still appeared to be focused near the Grand Teton National Park.

On Friday, park rangers were also speaking with campers at Spread Creek — it’s a dispersed camping area about 20 minutes east of the park.

(Brief OT to your paragraph 1, I was impressed with myself that I washed my hair and did laundry today, haha. Other than that, I've been glued to this story since I woke up today.)

Maybe he had just purchased the tarp, and was returning to use it to move her around without spreading body fluids?

I'm not persuaded that he had a tarp on him at all, If he did, he probably grabbed it when fleeing a crime scene in a panic, because it sure wasn't appropriate for what he said he was using it for.

She was going to be in touch with her friend Rose on the 29th, her birthday, to plan to meet at Yellowstone later on.
I'm leaning to something having happened either the 28th, or 29th before she had a chance to contact Rose.....though anytime after the FaceTime with her mom on the 25th is possible too.

I'm leaning towards the early hours of Aug 28. I think that if she woke up on the morning of Aug 29, the first thing she would have done was wish her friend a happy birthday. I think her body was hidden by the end of the day on Aug 29. Then he slept.

He needed two days to drive to Florida - Aug 30, Aug 31 - arriving Sept 1.

It came in here. Police Search Florida Wilderness for ‘Person of Interest’ in Van Mystery

Ms. Petito, the oldest of six siblings, had been working as a pharmacy technician to save money for the trip.
She met Mr. Laundrie at Bayport-Blue Point High School on Long Island, Mr. Schmidt said. They began dating after graduation and moved two years ago to Florida, he said.

BBM.
This is the first I've read of this employment. I'm surprised that her parents didn't mention it.

I had read she worked at Publix and as a juicer working for his parents juicing business. And she claimed to be a nutritionist, but had no formal training or license as such.

I wonder if this is the right person.

Right now I work in a Clinical Nutrition office and the term nutritionist usually applies to an MD/DO who specializes in clinical nutrition, eating disorders, or TPN. It can also apply to PA’s who specialize in clinical nutrition.

We would call anyone with an RD a dietician but not a nutritionist.

I don’t understand Gabby’s use of the word nutritionist as she has no college degree (that we know of).
I know a group of girls that run one of those pop up Herbalife “shake shops.” They all call themselves nutritionists. :rolleyes:

Had he left her before? That to me would justify that kind of reaction. It looks like she has serious fears of being abandoned. That comes from somewhere.

That's what I am thinking. It sounds like he did most of the driving and was the one holding the keys. The fact that she had to climb through the driver's side window because he locked her out is a big red flag and telling of the dynamic of their relationship. I would not be at all surprised if he had threatened to leave without her. He comes off as controlling, callous and dismissive of her feelings. She said he told her he didn't believe in her when it came to building a van life website and social media following. She obviously invested a lot of time, thought and energy into it and he goes along but then makes her feel bad and insecure and like her dream is unrealistic after what ... a couple of months?

I've been thinking about Rose's statement about BL's "episodes", he is the right age for the onset of schizophrenia. It depends on how reliable of a source that Rose is, but it strikes me as a little odd that his parents were clearly prepared for bad stuff to go down or already knew that something bad had happened. Silence is deafening in these situations.
It could also be something like BPD or bipolar that is controlled with medication and therapy, but BL could have gone off it, etc. The parents could have been prepared because stuff like this has happened before. I have a close family member who is severely mentally ill and every time something "happens" it's almost like we expect it because it's happened similarly so many times before and many times, these behavior patterns have gone back to childhood even though at the time we didn't realize that that's what was going on and this was prior to substances, intimate relationships, etc. being involved.

I hope the FBI has swabbed the rear door handle of Miranda Baker's Jeep -- with the clothes belonging to BL that LE took for the search in the Reserve, they may now have his DNA, and even if they don't, they might soon, and could then confirm whether or not it was actually BL they gave a ride to. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23