Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most scenarios seem to involve BL doing harm to GP, intentionally or otherwise. What if GB and BL had another fight late on the 26th which simply lead to him going off alone in an attempt to separate temporarily like the police had split them up days earlier. He left her behind in the tent and something happened to her while he was gone (something self-inflicted or maybe accidental). By the time he returns and finds her, he freaks out and takes the van straight home.

Under normal circumstances you’d think he would just report it but they both potentially seem mentally unstable judging by the evidence. What if BL’s real crime here is what he did with the body after the fact, due to panicking, rather than what he did to her?

One of the things that lead me in this direction is his discussion with the woman from TikTok. If you’d killed someone, would you even mention them to a stranger let alone talk about them being back at the van, etc? What if he cleaned himself up to return to her and it was too late?

So if BL didn't believe in her "van life" social media... then what was his plan for living (and funding) the "van life" otherwise?

If he didn't want her to do the social media, and he wasn't doing the social media, then WHAT were they doing with their limited funds, long term? How was this going to work? What was BL's plan?
To keep intimidating her to ensure that she would not rise above his level. Not really a plan, but that kind of guy hugely resents a woman more successful. It is commonly lost in the mistress stuff, but Chris Watts, another pleasant potted plant, murdered his wife just as her own home business took off to the point she was nearly equaling his salary, despite being pregnant, having 2 little girls and also autoimmune diseases.

Gabby was the only one with a plan and gumption.

That was one of my first thoughts too, but I read BL likes to read crime novels and its basic knowledge you don't carry a dna infested tarp along with you after you dispose of the body.
Maybe he took the tarp with him just in case he needed something more to conceal her. Or, maybe he had two of them and brought one back with him. I don't think he would carry one back with him that he had used, especially if he's a true crime follower.

Did MB ever say she actually saw the tarp or did BL just say that he was using a tarp rather than a tent for camping?

I’d be pretty dang hesitant to pick up a hitchhiker obviously carrying a tarp.

I know how it sounds, but tarps are standard camping and hiking equipment. They're a recommended part of survival kits. A tarp has a thousand benign uses around a campground and I've almost always taken at least one with me whenever I've gone out hiking. You can use it as a ground cloth, you can use it as a rain shelter, you can use it as a blanket, if you're benighted it can be a makeshift tent. The tarp is not the suspicious thing here. MB said in her Tiktok that what really aroused her suspicions was when the hitchhiker insisted he just had the tarp and not a bivvy bag. No sleeping bag, no water, no food, no stove - none of the normal accoutrements of backcountry camping.

Last edited:
Most scenarios seem to involve BL doing harm to GP, intentionally or otherwise. What if GB and BL had another fight late on the 26th which simply lead to him going off alone in an attempt to separate temporarily like the police had split them up days earlier. He left her behind in the tent and something happened to her while he was gone (something self-inflicted or maybe accidental). By the time he returns and finds her, he freaks out and takes the van straight home.

Under normal circumstances you’d think he would just report it but they both potentially seem mentally unstable judging by the evidence. What if BL’s real crime here is what he did with the body after the fact, due to panicking, rather than what he did to her?

One of the things that lead me in this direction is his discussion with the woman from TikTok. If you’d killed someone, would you even mention them to a stranger let alone talk about them being back at the van, etc? What if he cleaned himself up to return to her and it was too late?

I think this would be a possible scenario; I don't think we can rule it out at this point.

But he definitely lied to Miranda TikTok. He said that GP was in the van for several days, working on her Vlog - in a place that had no WiFi.

Maybe he took the tarp with him just in case he needed something more to conceal her. Or, maybe he had two of them and brought one back with him. I don't think he would carry one back with him that he had used, especially if he's a true crime follower.
What about their tent? I am curious if he returned with their tent?

Dang. A double post again. And it wasn't hanging this time. What am I doing wrong? I don't want to burden the Mods.
That happens when it’s hanging, but since you’re still connected to the internet it does actually post your reply. There’s no need to hit reply a second time even if it looks like it’s taking too long. If you’re on a desktop or laptop, you’ll see a little icon on the upper right (at least it does on my windows 10 laptop using Chrome) that shows it’s trying to load your reply.

Spread Creek Dispersed Camping is only 7 miles from one of the "Best Place to View Grizzly Bears", Oxbow Bend (per here), when "During the fall months, bears eat and drink nearly nonstop. This process is called hyperphagia." "the number of attacks can be much higher during the fall months when bears turn into relentless eating machines"

Last edited:
Let me be really careful here. It is really unlikely that any scent they picked up was that old. Those dogs are pretty rare.

If they picked up his scent, they are likely to be able to use it as a trail - unless he went through water.

He could have been out there less than 2 weeks ago since no one was tracking him since he got back on the 1st. Personally, I think they will find his corpse tomorrow. I don't think he is some kind of criminal mastermind. I really think this has been a crime of passion that flared up in an instant and wrecked him. He has just been flying by the seat of his pants in a severe mental state. Hoping it would all just go away if he just didn't talk about it. But it hasn't gone away and he took the easy way out of his torment. I also think if the LE in Wyoming are search between the campsite and the place the Tiktoker picked him up they will eventually find poor GP.

That happens when it’s hanging, but since you’re still connected to the internet it does actually post your reply. There’s no need to hit reply a second time even if it looks like it’s taking too long. If you’re on a desktop or laptop, you’ll see a little icon on the upper right (at least it does on my windows 10 laptop using Chrome) that shows it’s trying to load your reply.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Thanks!
(Joke)

Possible.
As far as the discussion with M though, it could be an attempt to set up an alibi. I was camping on my own for a few days. She stayed in the van working on her blog.
(I don't believe for a minute he was out camping on his own, with that empty backpack no less)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave