Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I curious about giving credibility to a tiktok crime tipster. Police have said "her story" "might be credible." The FBI are conducting the investigation. Perhaps the FBI told police that police can report that "her story" might be credible. I bet they tell that to all the tipsters - their story "might be credible" and they'll be in touch.
Here’s video of the NPPD spokesperson answering about the TikTok tipster. At 8:08

https://twitter.com/thenewsoncnbc/status/1439018696853401602?s=21

I think this would be a possible scenario; I don't think we can rule it out at this point.

But he definitely lied to Miranda TikTok. He said that GP was in the van for several days, working on her Vlog - in a place that had no WiFi.

But you don’t need internet until you’re ready to publish, right? You can record video, make graphics, write text/captions and upload it all later.

Shower or no shower, the clothes would still show wear, I believe. Honestly, considering if it was a murder, wouldn't he get a bit sweaty through his clothes? Did he have a change of clothes in his bag? Sounds like TikTok said he had practically nothing in his bag for having been out a supposed three days, so.
I think he had a change of clothes and the clothes he was wearing during the "act" he ditched. That is why his clothes were clean (and his backpack "light"). MOO

That's what I'm getting at, the plausibility he had a change of clothes. I really think he'd need those.

What if he packed a change of clothes after whatever happened with GP and before hitching the ride? MB did mention how his backpack wasn’t that full…

but…then again…we have no clue what type of pack he was carrying. Was it a small pack or a big one?

I’ve got tons of backpacks. Some I’ve used to travel for 6 months overseas and some I use for day trips. Sometimes, my extended trip pack can look full with just a week’s worth of clothes and a sleeping bag but then also my day trip pack can look pretty sparse with a day or two worth of supplies.

and he's already been home for 10 days before anyone knew she was missing. He could have been at that park many times in the past 2 weeks
This comment touches on something I've been trying to recall lately: Do we know if anyone other than family can verify that BL has been in FL since 9/1? I feel like some sort of interaction between he & someone has been mentioned at some point thru these threads but I can't recall for sure & the number of posts & pages & threads here has become overwhelming for me. Can anyone help me out with this?

There is a "General Store" right next to the showers that looks like from the pictures it could very well sell tarps.

What if after he did something to her, got to the showers to clean up then got the tarp at the General Store to take back for disposal?

IMO, Gabby is still where whatever happened happened. I don't believe he moved her at all. It just seems far-fetched to think that he could move her anywhere without a vehicle.
I know. It's just that hiding a body is really hard. And so much more so in such a popular outdoorsy spot.

Do you have an argument at the edge of a cliff, or standing in deep water?

Or do you spontaneously walk far, far into an unscenic forest that no one else wants to go to?

It starts to feel like premeditation, though that makes no sense.

100% agreed, but from what I've seen, the mental attitude makes all of the difference. There are people who like to sleep out under the stars on just a tarp, and people who like the idea of sleeping out under the stars on just a tarp. I think both BL and GP were the latter. I wish that didn't sound so judgmental, because more than once when I was their age I got in over my head in a wilderness situation because of overconfidence and over-estimating my abilities. But in this case, I think both of them were at heart not ready for the kind of privations they had to face as part of a free van life.

Also, primitive camping is really easy if you are close to civilization and rescue. When you're fifteen hours away from the next human settlement it's a different story. I think BL was a capable car camper and day hiker and that's as far as it goes. I haven't seen anything to indicate he was more capable of wilderness survival than that.

I just wanted to add….I grew up in suburbia(east coast) and have traveled all over quite a bit(granted never to Colorado or Utah). BUT….I’ve spent many of nights deep in the woods with friends around a big campfire. It’s a glamorous and fun experience. The stars(depending on how far you are from the city are beautiful etc). You really feel relaxed, at peace and more in tune with the world and those few that are with you in that moment.

Having said that….toward the west coast….Rocky Mountains to the national parks of Colorado and Utah etc. That’s a lot of vast unwelcoming terrain to those that don’t know it, understand it and respect it. My friends and I grew up “camping”…more so staying up all night around a fire deep in the woods of suburbia. What Gabby and BL were doing at least from my POV was taking that mindset and applying it to a very vast and unwelcoming terrain. I agree, I think/MOO they were vastly out of their element and skill set. Too young to realize it or how to handle it when they finally did. I can certainly see the friction between the two regardless of relationship issues….just dealing with day to day issues trying to survive and the arguments that followed had to be extremely hard. Including talks of If either was even cut out for it. If she denied it or thought he wasn’t believing in her etc. It could make an already really rough situation….hit a boiling point between the two. Neither seeing the reality in front of them….just running on emotions and the fantasy of living a dream.

Last edited:
What if he packed a change of clothes after whatever happened with GP and before hitching the ride? MB did mention how his backpack wasn’t that full…

but…then again…we have no clue what type of pack he was carrying. Was it a small pack or a big one?

I’ve got tons of backpacks. Some I’ve used to travel for 6 months overseas and some I use for day trips. Sometimes, my extended trip pack can look full with just a week’s worth of clothes and a sleeping bag but then also my day trip pack can look pretty sparse with a day or two worth of supplies.

Unless he bought a new backpack, his backpack would look like whatever it has in any videos or photos it might be in on Instagram. They would have only had room for one backpack per person.

I think this would be a possible scenario; I don't think we can rule it out at this point.

But he definitely lied to Miranda TikTok. He said that GP was in the van for several days, working on her Vlog - in a place that had no WiFi.

She could have definitely been working on it. I did RV life for a year and I'm also a blogger and YouTuber (not about RV life). WiFi is hard to get when you're traveling, but there are TONS of things you can do without WiFi like write posts, graphics, edit videos, etc. It's not as easy, but you just do what you can and save the most important tasks to get done with WiFi for when you can get it (like uploading everything).

Since these National parks are so heavily hiked, do they also have overnight lean-to or rustic shelter cabins like Appalachia hiking trails? I've never been out West or East, but I know those exist. A tarp wouldn't seem so skimpy if BL found some other rustic type shelter, perhaps left over from other hikers.

My mind keeps going back to what is known about Israel Keyes and how he moved around and hid. Wonder if BL knew the locations of old mines or caves...
I don't know, it seems like he's had trouble telling north from south...

She could have definitely been working on it. I did RV life for a year and I'm also a blogger and YouTuber (not about RV life). WiFi is hard to get when you're traveling, but there are TONS of things you can do without WiFi like write posts, graphics, edit videos, etc. It's not as easy, but you just do what you can and save the most important tasks to get done with WiFi for when you can get it (like uploading everything).
i'm no youtuber but i am a fan of a lot of these types of channels. It seems most of their editing, writing etc done away from wifi and then they will have a day they have connection and upload their weeks worth of work or that weeks video content

I'm not saying he was telling the truth or that is what was really happening. Just that's the process i know from people that do this youtube van camp life

Possible.
As far as the discussion with M though, it could be an attempt to set up an alibi. I was camping on my own for a few days. She stayed in the van working on her blog.
(I don't believe for a minute he was out camping on his own, with that empty backpack no less)

That’s possibly true, too. However, if he was leaving her in a huff would he have packed much? Also, he could have started out with more (food, water) and had depleted that by the time he was trying to get back. We don’t really know how empty that pack was…

Good point. He could have just packed them right after. I'm trying to recall MB's wording. I think she said he had on jeans & a long sleeved shirt. Now whether his old clothes had evidence, blood, etc. on them, & where he put those, who knows. Plus his hiking boots MB said he had on. Maybe scruffed up, but maybe also easy to clean. I was under the impression he did not have a very large pack on him.

Possible.
As far as the discussion with M though, it could be an attempt to set up an alibi. I was camping on my own for a few days. She stayed in the van working on her blog.
(I don't believe for a minute he was out camping on his own, with that empty backpack no less)

I don’t believe it either and I doubt he had a tarp.

I am thinking they planned an early morning hike up the Snake River. Somewhere along the way, he either ditches her or kills her, he continues up the Snake River to the showers, and hitchhikes back to the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson