Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of reminds me of the Phoenix police officer who was hiking with Angela Tremonte (without water, just a few weeks ago, very very hot). She was later found dead (waiting on autopsy results personally) -- and he continued the hike to later take an Uber (???) back to the vehicle after he claims he became lost. Contradictory stories also came out whether he'd hiked this route before (incl. a claim the fire department later rescinded about how he hiked the trail all the time). The Uber ride seemed like such a weird thing to do (just turn around and hike exactly back? There was a bachelor party all on vacation that managed back just fine and saw you several times...) So, IMO, a quick ride with strangers COULD be a decent attempt at an alibi all things considered.
Constructing an alibi is why I believe he told them specifically that he had been hiking/camping for four days and she stayed back with the van. It put him in one place for four days during which anything could have happened to her while he was gone. He wanted to get that on the record.

I know. It's just that hiding a body is really hard. And so much more so in such a popular outdoorsy spot.

Do you have an argument at the edge of a cliff, or standing in deep water?

Or do you spontaneously walk far, far into an unscenic forest that no one else wants to go to?

It starts to feel like premeditation, though that makes no sense.

They are Istagrammers. They go where the best shots are. The more risky/secluded the better for views.

they would need a jackery or something like it with a folding panel since they didn't have one on their van. Just fine for lap tops, cell phones etc. Going to need some real solar or generator for cooking, climate control, ice box and things like that. They clearly not that far into the van life.

People should look up van builds on youtube just for kicks if they get bored. Some neat little things going on

Oh! They HAD a jackery, just like mine! I saw it in their video. That might be enough with their solar panels.

Anybody know how much sun the area got between the 25th and the 29th?

(I have a Prius wagon - built-in bed, freezer, Artic cooler, micro-oven, pull-out desk that converts to a dog bed at night, and room for the more than 100 books I took on my last road trip - pre-pandemic. Next time, it will just be Kindle.)

It does this for me and I am not hitting Post Reply twice. I am getting previous posts included with current post. Weird!

Here's how I understand it: Let's say you hit "reply" to a post and type in the box below all the posts. Then you hit "post reply." Your post is posted, though it may take a while, so you may think the post wasn't posted and hit "post reply" again.

But let's say you hit "post reply" only once. In addition to being posted, your last post lives on in the reply box. (Sometime I've hit reply twice because I've seen the post in its draft form in the reply box. But again, let's say you hit post reply only once.)

Now you're ready to reply to a second post. You hit "reply" and compose your response. But you forget to delete your previous post that is still in the reply box. When you post your reply to the second post, voilà! your reply to the first post will be posted along with it. o_O

JMO

That was one of my first thoughts too, but I read BL likes to read crime novels and its basic knowledge you don't carry a dna infested tarp along with you after you dispose of the body.
OR if this was his attempt at an alibi cover story, maybe he bought a tarp for another purpose, and having told people he was using it to camp was part of that alibi.

Constructing an alibi is why I believe he told them specifically that he had been hiking/camping for four days and she stayed back with the van. It put him in one place for four days during which anything could have happened to her while he was gone. He wanted to get that on the record.
and make it memorable with this $200 offer.

I can’t imagine the battery she’d need for 3 days working on editing videos.

They could barely keep their phones charged.

If you are basing that on the Moab DV stop, I think you misunderstood. I don't think she had a problem keeping hers charged, but I don't think he cared if his was charged at all.

This is possible, but I don't know why they'd be hiking up the Snake. It's not exactly easy hiking, with creeks and cobbles and marshy bits and vegetation bound to get in your way. And if they're trying to be influencers, there's so many more scenic, iconic glacial lakes and mountain views that would make for better photos and easier hiking.

Brian told the TikTokers he was hiking along the Snake River.

This comment touches on something I've been trying to recall lately: Do we know if anyone other than family can verify that BL has been in FL since 9/1? I feel like some sort of interaction between he & someone has been mentioned at some point thru these threads but I can't recall for sure & the number of posts & pages & threads here has become overwhelming for me. Can anyone help me out with this?

Well we know one thing for certain: the North Port police cannot verify that he was. And, that is on them.

Longtime member here, but I’ve been away a long time, this case has hit close to home, though, so I’m trying to keep up on the threads.

I lived in Jackson until last year, another family forced out by the housing crisis the valley is gripped in. I want to provide a little context. Because of the housing crisis, many local workers actually live in their cars or vans, and these dispersed camping sites fill up with them as well as tourists. That’s good news, I think - someone local may have been camping in the area they’re focusing their search and have good info. Additionally, I’ve seen mentions of the sighting in Victor, ID, in that it seems an outlier. Victor is just over Teton Pass, a 40 minute drive from Jackson. It’s within the commuter area, and many people drive the pass every day to and from work (see: housing crisis). It’s a popular tourist day drive, and if they were considering going to Yellowstone, heading up through Ashton/Island Park/West Yellowstone from Victor would be a logical choice.

There are not as many dispersed camping sites available in Yellowstone, which may be why they didn’t go there, IMO. It can be impossible to find a place to camp in Yellowstone if you haven’t planned months in advance.

End of August, Grand Teton is just packed with tourists. Everything I’ve seen, even the dubious “hiking along the Snake River” is front country, they’re weren’t in the depths of the wilderness with that van. Every turn out, every point of interest, every road, every camp is packed with people in August. That doesn’t mean something bad couldn’t have happened to GP there, but it does mean I doubt BL was carrying GP bodily anywhere long distance.

Lastly, my husband and two kids and I rented a camper can for a two week road trip this summer and although we’ve been together 20 years and we’re both mild mannered well off adults, the stress of #VanLife was a lot! Finding a space that felt safe, going days without showers, the cramped spaces, the constant balance of labor, the feeling of never being able to escape the van was very real. Now, we had two kids driving us bananas too, but I can see how it could stress a young relationship and not be the idyllic life they thought they would be living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288