AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk, i think we need a local person to see who's still lurking around.
I'm relatively local, all things considered. I echo Mountain_Kat's sentiments completely. (BTW, M_K...thank you for all of your hard work on behalf of this child. The sadness and frustration is immense. :( )
DW and CW and CPS and LE need to be addressing this child's disappearance to MSM. Yesterday. And calling on external SAR resources to continue to search locally, especially as the Fall/Winter comes on.

Again - CM was very clear in the interview that the boys and Summer were playing hide and seek on June 15th.
The time of day must have been between 3:15 and when SW came up missing. I do not have an exact time, CM did not state an exact time.

Listen to the interview:
(511) CHRIS MCDONOUGH JOINS US - SUMMER WELL - HUMAN TRAFFICKING AND MORE - LIVE @ 10 PM ET - YouTube

CM probably has much more information than we do.
I trust his information. If it wasn't creditable, Tricia would not allow his interviews on here.

Your last three sentences are what keep me on the fence.

In my opinion, they were home 2.5 hours app, before they noticed SW was missing. I have no problem believing CB's account of what happened in those 2.5 hrs. It sounds feasible and is backed by her mother as far as released facts that I believe.

CM's information had to come from somewhere, he has backed some of it up by letting us know he has talked to officials that were there that day. The fact that Tricia is allowing this information to come into play is a big factor.

And it all gives me hope that we will have answers to where and what happened to this child.

Many of us are doing that, Chelly. The problem is, we need the parents to get on msm and keep Summer front and center. Not on Youtube, on msm. And they obviously aren't inclined to do that. Kat from the forest isn't media worthy...423Chase isn't media worthy. We are not this child's family. LE press conferences would be helpful, but if there's no update, what are they supposed to say ? But maybe, if her parents can't step up for her, we could band together as a community , stand out in front of the Hawkins County PD and hold up pictures of Summer ? I really don't know. To be perfectly honest, most locals I talk to feel that their efforts are all futile, because they don't believe they are looking for a living child. It's tough to talk yourself into a full weekend of posting flyers when you don't believe anyone is going to spot this little girl out and about somewhere. Yes, I did it. But to be honest, I posted every flyer somewhere where I knew outdoorsy people might see it and be looking for her body while hiking or fishing or boating or hunting. You can't imagine how depressing that is.

What Summer needs more than anything is for her family to advocate for her. That's not a judgement on my part, it's just a fact.

Media Relations | klaaskids.org
Much credit to you for doing this for Summer, MK!

I don’t know how to help from Aus…. Could we write a letter to someone like 60mins …. (Sorry only international investigative show I know) and ask them to consider investigating Summer’s case????

I'm relatively local, all things considered. I echo Mountain_Kat's sentiments completely. (BTW, M_K...thank you for all of your hard work on behalf of this child. The sadness and frustration is immense. :( )
DW and CW and CPS and LE need to be addressing this child's disappearance to MSM. Yesterday. And calling on external SAR resources to continue to search locally, especially as the Fall/Winter comes on.

The problem with that is that the initial search was massive, and Hawkins County has zero budget left. And, for some reason, Larson seems opposed to outside help. I can't for the life of me understand that. :(

Your last three sentences are what keep me on the fence.

In my opinion, they were home 2.5 hours app, before they noticed SW was missing. I have no problem believing CB's account of what happened in those 2.5 hrs. It sounds feasible and is backed by her mother as far as released facts that I believe.

CM's information had to come from somewhere, he has backed some of it up by letting us know he has talked to officials that were there that day. The fact that Tricia is allowing this information to come into play is a big factor.

And it all gives me hope that we will have answers to where and what happened to this child.
That is a good point... I doubt CM and Tricia would go out of their way to allow CB's account of the day to be put out there if they didn't mostly believe her.

I think everyone is having trouble with "two minutes" being literally two minutes. But, since CB allowed that it could have been five minutes...

While five minutes isn't long enough for someone to break in, get SW, and run off.. it is long enough for SW to leave the house and start down the driveway.

I think she did this because the dog tracked her to there. CB just didn't see her doing it. Eta moo

Much credit to you for doing this for Summer, MK!

I don’t know how to help from Aus…. Could we write a letter to someone like 60mins …. (Sorry only international investigative show I know) and ask them to consider investigating Summer’s case????

Couldn't hurt to try. Because, I know how this goes...a new case comes up (3 have already) and the attention toward Summer's case will wane. I know that none of us want to see that happen, so without her parents advocating for her on msm, maybe WE can figure out a way to be a voice for her ? I don't know.

Yeah. I understand the budget situation, I don't understand the resistance to outside help. It's not uncommon with small (often rural, as opposed to urban) departments. I understand wanting to keep solid control over sites- but that can happen while still utilizing outside resources.
25 years and I still haven't figured that one out. :(

Yeah. I understand the budget situation, I don't understand the resistance to outside help. It's not uncommon with small (often rural, as opposed to urban) departments. I understand wanting to keep solid control over sites- but that can happen while still utilizing outside resources.
25 years and I still haven't figured that one out. :(
Is it frequent that the local department does not want searches or is it that they want to control the searches?

The only legit reason i can see someone not wanting a search is if they really believe, and have evidence to support their belief, that the search is futile. I don't mean that the person is deceased, but that the person is not there to be found.

Hmm. I just got to thinking about some friends of mine who are at a Bristol Speedway race this weekend. (Not my thing, but a huge draw for many.) Also got to thinking about Bass Pro in Johnson City/Bristol area. I wonder if there's some way to get a 'sponsor'-type situation going thru one of those big names. Wouldn't it be nice if Summer's image could go up on a scoreboard or electronic billboard in the area where there are a lot of sports and sporting/hunting/outdoor enthusiasts from the entire region...?

Hmm. I just got to thinking about some friends of mine who are at a Bristol Speedway race this weekend. (Not my thing, but a huge draw for many.) Also got to thinking about Bass Pro in Johnson City/Bristol area. I wonder if there's some way to get a 'sponsor'-type situation going thru one of those big names. Wouldn't it be nice if Summer's image could go up on a scoreboard or electronic billboard in the area where there are a lot of sports and sporting/hunting/outdoor enthusiasts from the entire region...?
That would be so wonderful.

Especially if it were possible to get a different photo of SW. One that looks more like she did on 6/15.

Honestly, when i saw that photo, it reminded me of the Madeline McCann case where an older photo was the most famous picture of her. I understand, in MM's case, why. (But, I didn't want SW's case to go on so long as MM's.)

With any missing person's case, it seems you want to get as close to how the person looked when they disappeared in case it jars people's memory.

I really don't know why that photo was chosen for SW or who chose it.

Is it frequent that the local department does not want searches or is it that they want to control the searches?

The only legit reason i can see someone not wanting a search is if they really believe, and have evidence to support their belief, that the search is futile. I don't mean that the person is deceased, but that the person is not there to be found.

In my experience, it's not UN-common for certain types of departments to want to control the direction of all SAR efforts in MP cases, and for a variety of different reasons.
In Summer's case, LE may have said that they have thoroughly searched all of this (xyz) area and determined Summer is not there. Personally, I have a very difficult time with that as a probability SAR-wise. And if they have solid knowledge that Summer is 100 percent NOT in that local area...then really they would be doing a huge dis-service to the family, the community, Summer, and the case to not issue a statement at least clarifying that they have reason to believe she is not in the immediate area. For that reason, I don't think that is the case. But that's just my opinion.

O/T but today a 64 year old woman was hit and killed trying to cross Volunteer Parkway from BMS. She was from Indiana, I believe. Heartbreaking.

But anyway, BMS does a lot of children's charities events, Speedway In Lights brings in a lot of money for kids. As it happens, my husband covers a lot of events for BMS , maybe I could sound him out about contacting someone with some leverage. Worth a shot, anyway.

O/T but today a 64 year old woman was hit and killed trying to cross Volunteer Parkway from BMS. She was from Indiana, I believe. Heartbreaking.

But anyway, BMS does a lot of children's charities events, Speedway In Lights brings in a lot of money for kids. As it happens, my husband covers a lot of events for BMS , maybe I could sound him out about contacting someone with some leverage. Worth a shot, anyway.
How awful, I am so sorry to hear that. The traffic can be utterly insane around there- even when races aren't going on. :(

That would be fantastic. I will also dig around, see if I know anyone who knows anyone in that world. Can't hurt.

How awful, I am so sorry to hear that. The traffic can be utterly insane around there- even when races aren't going on. :(

That would be fantastic. I will also dig around, see if I know anyone who knows anyone in that world. Can't hurt.

LOL ! What traffic ? Seriously, we seldom see more than 5 cars on the road any time we have to go into town. During race week, though...YIKES !

In my experience, it's not UN-common for certain types of departments to want to control the direction of all SAR efforts in MP cases, and for a variety of different reasons.
In Summer's case, LE may have said that they have thoroughly searched all of this (xyz) area and determined Summer is not there. Personally, I have a very difficult time with that as a probability SAR-wise. And if they have solid knowledge that Summer is 100 percent NOT in that local area...then really they would be doing a huge dis-service to the family, the community, Summer, and the case to not issue a statement at least clarifying that they have reason to believe she is not in the immediate area. For that reason, I don't think that is the case. But that's just my opinion.
That's a good point.

Since they haven't backed off their "everything is on the table" stance then lost in the woods is still an option.

So, i guess we would have to put ourselves in SW's place. Given the personality that has been described by everyone... I think she would continue to walk as long as she could. (Eta, meaning possibly a larger search area)

This case needs a really good investigative journalist IMO, or a big TV Investigative Journalism Special Program….. to bring this little girls plight to the attention of all. It’s a big story and deserves respect… iMO

With all of the undercurrents of trafficking and drug / alcohol use / abuse, etc etc, that are being spoken about in SM….. are journalists afraid of something or someone????

Lets hope someone is working on an expose behind the scenes ….

All IMO
Thats what CM has done. Bless him.

Times are a changing the platforms used, as investigative journo's are becoming a sacred endangered species.

moo

people sometimes say follow the money...(or lack thereof)

If searches take place, things happen.
Cui bono?

$ to investigate what happened to SW.
$ to find her (search efforts)
$ to investigate once she is found
$ to perform autopsy if she is found deceased
$ to prosecute once she is found
$ to bury her once she is found including funeral costs if she is deceased
$ to defend from prosecutors charges
$ to get bailed out of jail
$ to jail the accused
$ for hospital for Summer if she is found alive
$ for psychiatric eval for Summer if found alive
$ for therapy for Summer if found alive
$ for foster parents for Summer if found alive
$ reward dollars
etc.

I'm sure there are many many more ways $ will change hands once she is found.

So, who benefits monetarily if she is found dead or alive?
Who suffers monetarily if she is found dead or alive?

That's a good point.

Since they haven't backed off their "everything is on the table" stance then lost in the woods is still an option.

So, i guess we would have to put ourselves in SW's place. Given the personality that has been described by everyone... I think she would continue to walk as long as she could. (Eta, meaning possibly a larger search area)

assuming she had the ability/capability to walk.

assuming she had the ability/capability to walk.
Well... I guess in that case she would have help getting lost in the woods. And it would be however far that help wanted to go.

Unless she fell or something. I think, in that case, she could be nearer. Idk...

What Summer needs more than anything is for her family to advocate for her.
MK … this statement is so on point, and an accurate assessment of the situation!

Just look at the coverage Gabby Pipeto is getting with her family standing up for her in the media!

There is even international coverage of GP going missing… it has even made the news here in regional Aus …

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members