Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search for Gabby Petito’s fiancé Brian Laundrie continues
LATEST Updates

Search resumes for Laundrie
The search for Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the disappearance of his fiancée Gabby Petito, has resumed today.

….

Campers with information urged to come forward
The FBI is calling on people who stayed at the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area in Wyoming between 27 and 30 August to get in touch if they have information on Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie.

…..

Hashtag viewed more than quarter of billion times
The hashtag #GabbyPetito has been viewed more than 268 million times on social media network TikTok alone.

Dozens of other hashtags – such as #findgabbypetito and #gabbypetitoupdate – have attracted the views of millions of people intent on following the developments in her disappearance – according to numbers cited by Newsweek.

….

Reports that body was found are fake – police

BBM

Hopefully, we will hear something from MSM or FBI concerning this exact thing in this exact time frame. I think LE is getting things narrowed down and I pray they can find Gabby soon.

True. True. I was thinking more along the lines of move her to bury her.

If she’s deceased, her body wasn’t in the van, otherwise her scent would’ve been picked up and he would’ve been in an interrogation room already.

If in fact BL did do some thing to Gabby I think it’s possible that they hiked to the spot together. They might not have been seen in an area that doesn’t attract too many hikers.

There are many pictures of them sitting at the edge of a drop off — it would not have been difficult to harm her in a spot like that (maybe it wasn’t premeditated).

—If she fell /was pushed, it might have been quite a distance to the bottom and her body could still be obscured (stuck part of the way down).
—She possibly fell due to an accident and when that happens the hiking partner is often blamed, especially if it’s a spouse or SO (would be cowardly but that could keep BL from coming forward).

It may be unrealistic but I still hold onto hope she is alive.

jmo

Search continues for Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie

To Note:
A spokesperson for the department appeared on CNN later Friday night and said the department does have more details but they cannot be released just yet.

"I think that will come out here, very shortly, we just want to get our, our ducks in a row a little bit," the spokesperson said. "This has been a very quickly developing situation here in just the last hour really for the most part. So we're working through that. We want to make sure that we are accurate in everything that we're saying."
Hmmm this was Friday night. So was this update just that he took off and the parents won’t speak about anything but his welfare? How sad. This sounded like such a positive change, but that’s definitely not how it’s gone.

Any indication that the North Port PD has sent even one officer/investigator/detective to any western area involved? I realize that it's been said that they are a "small" department, but it seems that a trip west would be imperative to understanding first hand with what they are dealing.

Imo
He's not in the Reserve!
NO ONE has seen this guy!
All we have is what parents say!
I wonder if the lawyer.even ever spoke to him?
Who said he came.back Sept 1st?
I'm starting g to think he came home dropped off that van.and
Got out of dodge!
Jmo

Perhaps the plan, before things got out of their control, was going to be “Well, the van turned up on the driveway one day but we haven’t seen either of them since…”

Possible he could go out to sea, sure? Likely? No. I’d imagine he’d need sailing skills for that even if he was just in a cheap blow up boat. Granted Cuban refugees manage to make the 90 or so miles to Fl with less. I still think it’s doubtful given what we know about him. If he was ex-miltary or had some sort of extensive background with a lot of training…..I’d say plausible. Realistically? Unless he’s getting aid from someone willing to drive him out of state or arrange some sort of travel…..he hasn’t made it more than 50 miles max of his parents house. MOO.
I’m hoping someone thought to check the storage unit.

Longtime member here, but I’ve been away a long time, this case has hit close to home, though, so I’m trying to keep up on the threads.

I lived in Jackson until last year, another family forced out by the housing crisis the valley is gripped in. I want to provide a little context. Because of the housing crisis, many local workers actually live in their cars or vans, and these dispersed camping sites fill up with them as well as tourists. That’s good news, I think - someone local may have been camping in the area they’re focusing their search and have good info. Additionally, I’ve seen mentions of the sighting in Victor, ID, in that it seems an outlier. Victor is just over Teton Pass, a 40 minute drive from Jackson. It’s within the commuter area, and many people drive the pass every day to and from work (see: housing crisis). It’s a popular tourist day drive, and if they were considering going to Yellowstone, heading up through Ashton/Island Park/West Yellowstone from Victor would be a logical choice.

There are not as many dispersed camping sites available in Yellowstone, which may be why they didn’t go there, IMO. It can be impossible to find a place to camp in Yellowstone if you haven’t planned months in advance.

End of August, Grand Teton is just packed with tourists. Everything I’ve seen, even the dubious “hiking along the Snake River” is front country, they’re weren’t in the depths of the wilderness with that van. Every turn out, every point of interest, every road, every camp is packed with people in August. That doesn’t mean something bad couldn’t have happened to GP there, but it does mean I doubt BL was carrying GP bodily anywhere long distance.

Lastly, my husband and two kids and I rented a camper can for a two week road trip this summer and although we’ve been together 20 years and we’re both mild mannered well off adults, the stress of #VanLife was a lot! Finding a space that felt safe, going days without showers, the cramped spaces, the constant balance of labor, the feeling of never being able to escape the van was very real. Now, we had two kids driving us bananas too, but I can see how it could stress a young relationship and not be the idyllic life they thought they would be living.

I watch a vanlife couple that went to Yellowstone in the winter. They had the place all to themsleves :). It was beautiful. They were front row at Old faithful with no one around them,.They kept commentting on how awesome it was in winter because in summer you really couldn't get much done because you would be in lines for everything and impossible to find a camping spot.

That's what I'm thinking. If they left from the dispersed camping site on foot and he shows alone up at Coulter Bay alone, how did he get there? Is Gabby along that route? Let's go map warriors!
Given the van was in the Spread Creek dispersed area, they/he probably travelled on foot via the gravel roads, then crossed Hwy 191. I'm looking for trails heading to the Snake River and Coulter Bay from there. I'm not sure which section of the dispersed area they were at, however.

What mental illness? I haven't seen any reliable proof of any diagnosis, medications, etc. It is irresponsible to assume any diagnoses from the Moab video. Having anxiety and OCD as they each described is no clinical proof of anything. These could be their shorthand terms for their emotional states. We don't know.

All I see in the video are two young people frustrated and stressed. Quite normal considering the circumstances and their comments.

Let's stop the mental health crisis runaway train, please! Or show proof.

JMHO

I'm late to pipe in but I've been here and online keeping ups as much as I can which is really hard as fast as this case has exploded. I may have missed a few or forgotten a fact or comment but I don't believe there is any proof of mental illness. To me they seem like the modern younger generation. Having 8 of thease myself between my husband and I, they all act a little entitled, alot emotional when things get tough, when scolded anxiety kicks in, alot of tears during extreme stress. If one of my 5 daughters were in this type of situation (referring to the police stop) I could see them just as upset as GP. If one of my 3 boys were in the situation I seriously doupt they would be able to crack a smile or joke with officers. They would be terrified and it would show. Everyone is different. Everything else that they have shown seemed completely normal to me untill the police stop. I do feel he was hiding something.. Imo

Sorry for any misspelling or punctuation errors. I've been told it's my calling card for text haha. No one could ever fake a message from me, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks